• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Xcalibur

bailey27727

I have a great story idea and I was wondering if I should continue on with it. It's just a rough draft so don't freak out and be all 'It's crappy' but I could do with some help drafting...

Long ago, in the time of the Renaissance, there was a man named Excalibur. He was full of blood lust, a ruthless killer. The oddest thing about this man was that there was no pattern with his victims. He just kills as he goes and unfortunately, this is what happened to a young girl's mother.

She hid without making a noise as he beat and stabbed her mother. Her only luck was being able to get a glimpse of him. He had long blond hair with a scar across his face; an "x" to match the mark he put on his victims. When he was done, he simply walked out, leaving the door open and laughing. The young girl knew she had to be the one to stop him.

When he was captured, he was sentenced too death by his own sword. That was the biggest mistake yet. Black magic was popular at the time and he knew how to use it. His soul was attached and the sword was left in the stone.

As centuries went on, a competition started to see who could remove the sword for title as king. A young boy by Arthur accomplished the task and went on with the sword by his side. He used it much and came to think of it as his companion. As Arthur lay dying in his death bed, he wondered aloud what his "companion" thought of him: this stirred the sword and Excalibur was awoken.He poisoned Arthur and went on to do what he was made best to do. Kill.

Again, centuries went by and the world became modern. No one realized Excalibur was in the shadows watching, and people went on as if nothing was wrong. But there was one woman who felt watched. She was always fidgety as she passed the alleyway by her apartment. She somehow knew he was there and Excalibur saw that as his cue to strike.

Mira sat at home cradling her baby, the doors and windows locked, all lights dimmed and curtains pulled tight. She heard thuds that started light against her door and became louder and more violent. She ran into her baby's room, still holding the sleeping bundle, and hid as he slammed himself inside. It didn't take long to find the weeping mother. She held up her hand in defense as he lifted his weapon. He thrust his sword through her hand and straight into her eye. He left her for dead, stealing the child.

Soon, Mira woke up with no eyesight in her left eye and her baby gone. She took what she could to survive as she vowed to find her baby. But she was weak and fell in the alleyway she was so frightened of, as it started to storm. Excalibur walked on with the child and people noticed. Including a young girl named Sky who bravely stopped him.

"You don't look like any father I've seen."

He glared at the brave teenager and scowled in his harsh voice, "So?"

"You have a weapon and there's blood on both of you."

"Hmph," he pushed past her.

She sighed, but followed him on to figure out what could possibly happen in a small town no one suspected. And her brother did other things.

He left his house to look for his younger sister, finding Mira in the alleyway. He couldn't leave her and took her in. While he dried her and searched for dry clothes in her bag, Mira woke up.

"Rosa! Have you seen my baby, Rosa?"

"No ma'am, just you. If it helps, I'm looking for my sister, so maybe when you're looking a little less pale we can go out and look for them together."

Mira smiled at the boy named Kyrie and nodded.

Are you posting this as an actual story thread or to get feedback on your ideas? Because if it's an actual rough draft of your story (which it looks like it is) it belongs in the main writing forum, and if you want help with your ideas you should expand on them more instead of giving us a big excerpt like you do here.

Back
Top Bottom