• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lots and lots of questions.

mewtini

sorry guys, don’t lose
Pronoun
she/her
So, where do I start the TORTURE?!
Okay, here.

1. How do I get myself a signature?
2. How do I add pictures but not attach them? I have used 'Insert Image'.
3. How do I get an avatar? I have a cool pic in mind.
4. How do I get a sprite shop approved?
5. How do I add friends?
6. What is up with the Egg, Metapod, Butterfree etc. pics? Are they ranks?
7. How do I edit that message by my name to be something other than 'Egg'

Okay, that wasn't as torturing as I wanted. So, when you help me, copy and paste this so I can see your help. Kinda like the sprite request forms.

1. (Answer)
2. (Answer)
3. (Answer)
4. (Answer)
5. (Answer)
6. (Answer)
7. (Answer)

Thank you! I joined two minutes ago.

1. Go to User CP at the top of the page (or the side, depending on the style). Then, on the side of the page, there will be a link called Edit Signature.
3. Same place as 1, but instead Edit Avatar.
5. Click on someone's Username in their posts, and click Add to Contacts (And then click yes when it asks you if you want to send a Friend Request. It can be denied, though). Or you can go to someone's Public Profile, and on the tab that shows all friends, you can click Befriend (Username of member).

Well, Seeker up there already answered those three, so:

2: You'd probably want to go to a third-party image uploading site, like Tinypic or ImageShack. Then, once you upload the image, post it using
. You can also use that in signatures, like the images in mine.

4: I don't think there's any need for your shop to be approved. Just go and start a thread in the correct forum, then post your sprites using the tactic above.

6: Yes, they are ranks, and they go up by postcount. Nothing happens when you reach a certain rank, it's just something fancy.

7: You'd want to go to "User CP", then "Edit Your Details" and then, under "Custom User Title", you can change it.

Yay, thanks! I am sorry I was so late... I was checking out my intro thread... but really thank you! EDIT: So I'll have to take a run to ImageShack ... hmm. I would rather just do it, but if it works, thanks!

Last edited:
Okay, I uploaded it to ImageShack (I gave 'em a false birth date 8D) So let's have a test, shall we?
examplessheet.png

Huh. That didn't work. *sets off to kill ImageShack people* Oh, I have an idea. I will try to humanely fix this. And IF IT DOESN'T WORK, I SHALL KILL YOU ALL! MWAHAHA! That was my alternate personality. In real life, I don't act this stupid. 8D
EDIT: Hey, let's try this again. I know this image is truly meant for the sprite shop i wanted to make, but this is a test.
If it isn't too much work, can you guys perhaps give me some critique on these things?
examplessheet.png

EDIT 2: Damnit!! EDIT 3 for goodness' sake: Last try! If this doesn't work, I will go bang my head on this laptop til' they both BREAK! Mark my words!

Oh my gawsh! IT WORKED! I get it. On ImageShack, I missed the special URL code it has especially for forums. Apparently this is a forum. I feel so stupid. BUT I'm HAPPY! EDIT 4: Last edit I promise! So, thank you both loads simply LOADS for answering those questions. I've seen you before, legendaryseeker, since before I joined I spent a lot of my time browsing these forums. Off-topic: Wouldn't it be cool if Dragonfree/Butterfree herself showed up here? That would be awesome! 8D Anyway, I'm off to start a sprite shop. Wish me luck guys! And again, thank you loads!

Last edited:
Off-topic: Wouldn't it be cool if Dragonfree/Butterfree herself showed up here? That would be awesome! 8D
Hi. :o (Never mind the alternate username. It's me.)

Though I think all your questions have been answered already, so I don't have much to say other than hi. Have fun at the forums, I guess? And if you're truthful about your age, try not to get scarred for life by some of the... less kid-friendly discussions we have on here.

Hmm.. yes I am actually 9. I know what you mean by the less kid friendly stuff. Actually, you nor no one else knows (I don't mean to brag) how somewhat more mature I am. Well, I know full well to keep out of the Serious Buisness Part, and also the Choughing Cupboard. But thanks for the concern! I reeeeaaaaaly shouldn't do this since I know it'll get rid of potential customers, but I opened a sprite shop. On my visitor messages, I remember Squornshellous Beta was talking about how I shouldn't try so hard to advertise. So I'm afraid she might get me... but anyway. This thing is waaay too long.
EDIT: Wait, what? Woah. I, uh, thought the alternate username thing was a prank until... I looked at the age and location. Wow. And to think I was wondering why I went around reading stuff with Bachuru in it thinking, 'Hey, why doesn't Butterfree come here?' Well, I guess she did. At the time, I just thought it was "just another 21 year old from Iceland." I wonder if I was drinking drugged up iced tea at the time...?

Last edited:
Oh, here's a tip with alternate usernames: hover over the poster's name to see the previous usernames they had.

I think we actually have two Icelanders here. :o

We do! But the other one is 17 and her name is Cheerilee.

There was also another one a while back that I think was called Aurora or something, but I don't think she's been around for a while.

Advertising too much is slightly annoying, yes, so I'd advise not doing it too much. Also, even outside of Serious Business and the Coughing Cupboard, there are threads in Miscellaneous Discussion (usually marked [MATURE]) that you might want to stay out of.

Oops, sorry I didn't reply yet. I stayed up late, woke up at 4:00 EST, and here I am and hoping there are posts in my threads after 6 hours. Thanks guys!EDIT: Am I the youngest here? The youngest people I see here except me are 13... well, my birthday is next month... I put it on the calendar.

Last edited:
EDIT: Am I the youngest here? The youngest people I see here except me are 13... well, my birthday is next month... I put it on the calendar.

we've gotten some nine-year-olds before (but they're probably like twelve by this point)... but as far as I know, yeah, you're the youngest. We really don't tend to get a lot of kids younger than about twelve... because I'm betting most younger-than-twelve guests scan the forums, come across some thread in srs business or the coughing cupboard they don't like, and promptly leave. or, if they /do/ sign up... well, I've seen a number of kids younger than twelve do something that annoys one of the older members and they take it really personally and leave. (when I first joined, I was 11, and I did a lot of things to annoy everyone and they made that incredibly clear and I definitely just annoyed them further by refusing to leave. x3)

... so yeah, you're probably the youngest!

Protip: having a life is great. We all do((ignore my group called people who have no lives)), so there's no need for you to expect you have to reply instantly and if you don't we will hate and ban you.

Read as: Don't start every post ''Sorry I haven't replied yet". We understand you have a life.

we've gotten some nine-year-olds before (but they're probably like twelve by this point)... but as far as I know, yeah, you're the youngest. We really don't tend to get a lot of kids younger than about twelve... because I'm betting most younger-than-twelve guests scan the forums, come across some thread in srs business or the coughing cupboard they don't like, and promptly leave. or, if they /do/ sign up... well, I've seen a number of kids younger than twelve do something that annoys one of the older members and they take it really personally and leave. (when I first joined, I was 11, and I did a lot of things to annoy everyone and they made that incredibly clear and I definitely just annoyed them further by refusing to leave. x3)

... so yeah, you're probably the youngest!
Wahahaha! That is funny!EDIT: I am not very good at taking anything personally. That is most likely my biggest weakness. Well, actually, if I do ever take it personally, then I try to be reasonable and think,"I'm not gonna lash out, bad, bad me..." True.

^
|
|
What does this mean?
res says it's been here since before the forums moved, and I was wondering what its name was back then because I've been around since before the forums moved and I have no clue who res would have been back then.

I joined here when I was nine and thought I was real mature.

I got banned real quick for being an immature dumbass.

Stay out of serious discussions with the KKK 'til you've gotten used to this place.

KKK? Ku Klux Klan? See, I'm too young to know anything before 2005. Except that 9/11 happened in my birth year.

Back
Top Bottom