• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dictatorships

Lord of the Fireflies

Back in black.
With all the recent news about Kadhafi, all the violent revolutions of the people who want him to leave the country, and him denying completely and saying that the people loves him and they would die for him.

Everybody is wondering how to make him quit the Country. Is violence the only option? can we still use diplomacy and respect? How to react against Kadhafi and his other despotic friends?

Re: Dictatures.

HOW DO YOU SPELL QADAFFI ANYWAY?

On a more serious note, there's a reason the first syllable in dictator is dic. Something tells me Qadaffi is only leaving the capital in a body bag, so kudos to the people who have the huevos to go and die so it happens.

there's a reason the first syllable in dictator is dic.

*sigh* The word dictator is taken from the latin root "dico" to say.

Phrases like this remind us all that you're a 13 year old.

Something tells me Qadaffi is only leaving the capital in a body bag, so kudos to the people who have the huevos to go and die so it happens.

So you think people should have to sacrifice themselves in order to be free of a political establishment? (If you could call it that.) You endorse this violence? The deaths of innocents? The attempted prevention of escape? You want this to happen?

oh dear someone is taking things literally today.

So you think people should have to sacrifice themselves in order to be free of a political establishment? (If you could call it that.) You endorse this violence? The deaths of innocents? The attempted prevention of escape? You want this to happen?

Yes, I absolutely condone heartless murder of one's own subjects and am frankly surprised that this doesn't happen more often.

What the heck sort of answer did you want? Of course I don't want the Libyans to die but nobody else seems to be taking the hard stance against Qaddafi so i congratulate the Libyans who can even in the face of suffering or death.

oh dear someone is taking things literally today.

What kind of fucking sarcastic answer is that?

Yes, I absolutely condone heartless murder of one's own subjects and am frankly surprised that this doesn't happen more often.

What the heck sort of answer did you want? Of course I don't want the Libyans to die but nobody else seems to be taking the hard stance against Qaddafi so i congratulate the Libyans who can even in the face of suffering or death.

Once again you fail to see the point. And misunderstand what I am saying.

EDIT: *sigh* case in point, there are other ways of being heard besides sticking a gun in someone's face. As much as I am for the freedom of Libya I disagree with the rashness they have taken to attempt at freedom, and at the response from the gov't. It's sickening. Why should peace only come from 'rivers of blood'.

Last edited:

Phantom said:

Pwnemon said:

This is a public thread. If you two have some unresolved issues you'd like to sort out, sort it out privately between you. This thread isn't the place for it.

You're twenty and you don't get a joke made by a thirteen-year-old?

Personally, I think a more-or-less violent approach will be required. Peaceful protests worked against Mubarak, sure, but he was just a power-hungry asshole. Qadaffi is absolutely insane. The only way to be rid of him is by force.

HOW DO YOU SPELL QADAFFI ANYWAY?

Gaddafi. Or Qaddafi, if you want to be pretentious.

On a more serious note, there's a reason the first syllable in dictator is dic. Something tells me Qadaffi is only leaving the capital in a body bag, so kudos to the people who have the huevos to go and die so it happens.

Excuse me? Are you encouraging people to murder Gaddafi?

EDIT: *sigh* case in point, there are other ways of being heard besides sticking a gun in someone's face. As much as I am for the freedom of Libya I disagree with the rashness they have taken to attempt at freedom, and at the response from the gov't. It's sickening. Why should peace only come from 'rivers of blood'.
Democratic revolution can be viable, but it helps if the government in question is already moving in that direction. Case in point, the collapse of Communism. When you have an oppressive regime that has no intention of reforming, then violence may well be the only option.

Excuse me? Are you encouraging people to murder Gaddafi?
From a Kantian perspective it's wrong to murder Gaddafi, but I think in this situation few people would be particularly upset if he were killed. :P

I resent that. Why is it pretentious?
Well I'll be damned if 'Q' is pronounced like 'G'.

From a Kantian perspective it's wrong to murder Gaddafi, but I think in this situation few people would be particularly upset if he were killed. :P

There's a difference between not being all that upset if he dies and encouraging people to "go and die so [he leaves the capital in a body bag]".

Let me make my point clearer, sorry if it's foggy.

I want Gaddafi to leave the capital. I don't care if it's peacefully or violently, I want him gone. And right now it seems as if the only way to get him out is violently. So kudos to the people who can do what needs to be done and get him out.

Well I mean if the only way to get rid of him is through violence and sacrifice, then, well, there kinda has to be violence and sacrifice.
No one's saying 'hey, let's go kill people if they get on our nerves!' I'm pretty sure Pwnemon just means that those who are willing to die for their fellow countrymen should be admired? I don't know...

I've been listening to Les Miz way too much recently, but weren't Les Amis d'ABC the good guys?

I spell it Kadhafi. Cos that's how you spell it in Dutch, hahaha...

Fuck him. The guy is insane. Did you see his speeches on Al-Jazeera? The guy is a fucking nutjob. The quicker we're rid of this doofus, the better.

I'm not saying the ass wipe doesn't deserve what's coming to him.

I'm saying I'm sad that humanity has come to this, where this is the solution. Truly it makes me sad, though it is necessary, it is heartbreaking.

It sucks for the Libyans more than for him. But you know, so many people live in disastrous conditions every day that I can't really be arsed to feel heartbroken for every poor soul that has to live on $2 a day. You can't really dwell on it. It's tragic, but the Libyans have no choice with this moron.

I'm not talking about just the dictator. I'm talking about all the people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom