• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Best/Top pokemon Soundtracks

Dialga Of Time

Master Time Manipulator
Come on, what places the Pokemon series among the top GBA/NDS games in the world? It isn't just the gameplay, graphics, or the storyline! It's the soundtrack and background music! So, let's list all of our best, top 5, or top 10 pokemon soundtracks from any of the games (pokemon stadium, pokemon stadium 2, pokemon yellow, anything)!

To start off, here's my list. You may give a reason for your choice if you wish:

1.Champion Theme, G/S/C

2.Magma/Aqua leader battle theme, R/S/E

3.Champion theme, Pokemon Stadium 2

4.Rival theme, Pokemon Stadium 2

5.Champion theme, R/S/E

Mega Man 3 Main Theme

Err, I mean...

1. Trainer theme, R/B/Y
2. Wild Pokémon theme, R/B/Y
3. Legendary Pokémon theme, D/P/Pt
4. Title screen, G/S/C
5. Prof. Elm's lab, G/S/C

by the way, the reason I put the Mega Man song at the top of the post there is because I'm addicted to Mega Man games at the moment.

I love a lot of tracks, and not always just the obvious ones either. Some of my very favorites are the R/B/Y champion battle theme (I was speechless when I heard it for the first time) and end credits theme (I get tears in my eyes listening to it, seriously), but also the Mt. Pyre outside theme from R/S/E (when a Pokémon in my Sapphire reached level 100, I'd celebrate by going to Mt. Pyre and listening to the music for ages).

There are a lot of other tracks in R/S/E I really love, like the Gym leader battle theme, and I love nearly every track in R/B/Y, really - the Gym leader battle theme there is also awesome, as are some of the route themes, the normal trainer battle theme, the Silph Co. Team Rocket takeover theme (serious love for that one)... My favorite tracks from G/S/C are then the legendary beast battle theme from Crystal and Ice Path, I believe, but the champion battle there is also pretty epic.

The Distortion World music in Platinum is pretty awesome, as well as the D/P/Pt champion battle.

B/W then has the Team Plasma battle music, which I adore, and also the music in one of the cities whose English name I don't remember. I want to hear the Elite Four battle theme again before deciding how much I like it; never heard the champion battle theme yet.

LAVENDER TOWN O.O

I'm rubbish and don't usually pay that much attention to music, so I can't really pick out individual tracks. Except Lavender Town and The Pokemon Tower, which to this day scare me some.

I like so many of the songs from the pokemon series, even just the main games, that there's no way I can order them, or even really list them all. But.

In R/B/Y, I really liked the Celadon City music, and Vermillion City's was pretty nice, too. I don't feel like I'm adequately familiar with the first generation to really judge its music, though.
In G/S/C, I absolutely loved Buena's Password (from Crystal), and the Violet/Olivine City music. Cave Theme 1 (Dark Cave/Ice Path etc) and the Tin Tower's theme also deserve a mention, but.
R/S/E, my favorite themes were the Diving theme and the Desert theme. The Sunken Ship, Mt. Chimney, and Rt. 113 had great music too, though, and I liked listening to the Rival Encounter music some, too, and I probably shouldn't forget about Petalburg City.
D/P/Pt had the most memorable Elite Four/Gym Leader battle music, and... Honestly, that's all I think I can remember from it right now. I guess Oreburgh had a decent theme, but none of the other songs seem to have affected me too deeply.
From Black and White, it goes without saying that the Team Plasma battle music is pretty amazing. The only other song that comes to mind though is Driftveil City, which I guess beats out all of the other cities' themes (except Nimbasa), but I'm not sure if that means that Driftveil has a good theme, or all of the others just have bad ones.
Oh, except Village Bridge. Love that one. And I do like Alder's theme.

Yes, true. In the Pokemon series, there are many beautifully composed pieces of music, some which are very sad and give a feeling of tears, while some, like the R/B/Y champion theme, electrify you and the next moment you have goosebumps all over you. I totally agree with Butterfree about being speechless on the champion theme, although I had goosemumps and couldn't move xD.

And if you have so many favorites that you can't list them all, jjust at least list a few of your best (5 or 4). I'll take the overall best theme after a few days or a week, k? :)

A lot of things, really, but the piano pieces are my favorite. National Park, N's Farewell, the Cynthia pre-battle theme, Emotion, and something(s?) that I forgot.

Who could go wrong with the PokeCenter theme? Also, the Team Plasma battle theme is pretty freakin' beast.

I don't remember any of the tracks in Gen I or II since I would always play with the sound off. It's why I'm so bad at recognising Pokémon cries, and city themes and blah blah blah...

R/S/E: Route 113
FR/LG: Lavender Town
D/P/Pt: Arceus' battle theme
HG/SS: Suicune's battle theme
B/W: Driftveil City, Gym Leader theme

BW has some of the best music in the series, in my opinion. I like almost every song, something that's rare for me in a Pokémon game. In particular, Driftveil. Team Plasma's awesome, but what I really like is that one song that plays at Nimbasa with Bianca's father asking her to come home. One of the most beautiful pieces in a Pokémon game. And that twinkly tune that plays whenever N is around that I think is his theme song.

For DPPt, it was the Rival theme which I had stuck in my head for ages. Oh and Cynthia's battle theme.

In RSE, it's Lilycove City... Fortree... it had some really good city themes in my opinion.

HGSS is the Kanto Battle theme, Johto Battle theme, Champion/Red theme, Mahogany town, and... Kanto Gym Leader theme. Good remixes of them.

What I like about G/S/C music is when it's played with that strange sounding instrument (usually in the champion and trainer theme). You know, the one that sounds like a screech or a wail?

The remixes just wave off the old classic ones and bring in the rock-and-roll band.

Don't forget, it's my opinion of the music ;)

In B/W, there's Team Plasma, Bicycle, the Pokemon Center, the music when you get the Gym Leader down to one Pokemon, and that one town with those two who play music.

In HG/SS, pretty much all the original Gameboy soundtracks, Buena's thingamajig, and Sinnoh Sounds (Or was it Hoenn?)
In Blue Rescue Team, the town soundtrack.

Well, so far (and only so far), the Team Plasma, Driftveil City, and Nimbasa Town themes seem to be competing for the title. Seem to be big hits among lotsd of gamers. If the lists keep coming, we may have the winner of round one. I'll post the result the coming Thursday (got lots of exams :( )

1. Just about any route theme in R/S/E (the real trumpety stuff)
2. Cynthia's theme (not the battle theme, but the pianoy stuff beforehand)
3. Champion music/Red battle from Hg/Ss
4. Bike theme B/W
5. Lavender Town

OH MY GOD LAVENDER TOWN. So creepy, and yet so brilliant.

Plus, R/B/Y Victory Road
R/S/E Regi Trio Theme
R/S/E Legendary Theme
G/S Champion Battle

Ok, I have ALOT. I mainly buy pokemon games for the music.

R/S/E champion song, D/P/Pt Champion song, FR/LG champion Remix, and HG/SS champion remix. I love these. I also liked N's final battle theme.

FR/LG elite four and B/W elite four are my favorites of those.

HG/SS trainer battle, B/W trainer battle are good.

I love the wild pokemon theme for special pokemon in black and white.

Also, I love the music for the battles against every bad team.

Also, The music for the battles against the lake trio, the battles against the legendary beasts, the battles agians Dialga and Palkia, the battles against kyogre, rayquaza and groudon in HG/SS and the battle against giratina, as well as the battle against Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem. I love legendary battle music.

the music from Sunnyshore city and opelucid ciy.

The music that plays at the Pokemon League before entering Victory Road in Platinum,

And, probably my favorite music in the whole series would be the music that plays as you near mt. coronet's peak.

EDIT: forgot the Nimbasa city and Driftveil city themes, Cynthia's theme before battling her, and N's theme before battling him.

1. B/W: N Battle (at N's Castle)
2. HG/SS: Champion Battle
3. B/W: Elite Four Battle

That's all I have...The tracks alone give me goosebumps. :3

champion theme in rby

azalea town, game corner, violet city, and victory road in gsc and hgss

EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING from rse. especially route 111, mt. pyre outside (WANT TO MAKE AN ORCHESTRATED VERSION AND PLAY IT IN BAND CLASS.), mt. pyre inside/new mauville, surf music (I really want to learn how to play this on piano), route 119, abandoned ship, route 113, bike music, mt. chimney, route 110, aqua/magma leaders' theme, victory road, oh and dive music. listen to it long enough and you start to hear bubbly noises.

arceus' theme in dpp. oh and distortion world, and cynthia's room. (want to learn how to play on piano.)

I do like the plasma theme from bw but haven't been playing quite long enough for many themes to get stuck in my head. (contrast with rse where I can hum all of the songs I mentioned above from memory.)

from mystery dungeon: great canyon, mt. thunder, mt. blaze (I tried to learn this on piano once with no success :<), mt. freeze, magma cavern (one of my favorite video game songs ever), and sky tower. also rayquaza's battle theme (which I can play part of on piano), Refugees (can sort of play on piano) and Snow Refugees (can play on piano)

from pmd2: PRIMAL DIALGA, Darkrai's theme, apple woods, foggy forest (want to learn how to play), quicksand cave, craggy coast, far amp plains, blizzard island, CHASM CAVE (also want to learn how to play), sealed ruins, crystal crossing, treeshroud forest, dusk forest, deep dusk forest, hidden highland, temporal tower, temporal spire, brine cave, lower brine cave. from explorers of sky, icicle forest (sounds like it could be a concert piece of music), all three spring cave themes, deep star cave, all of the sky peak themes

non-dungeon themes from pmd2: Sacrifice, Courage, Memories, Our Legacy Continues, Bubbles, Aftermath and from Explorers of Sky Team Charm's theme, In the Morning Sun, Sympathy, One for All, All for One, Defend Globe, It's Not a Miracle, Living Spirit, For a New Life, Beyond the Dream and probably more that I'm forgetting.

as you can see, I like rse and pmd music. that is nothing compared to my boundless love for kirby music though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom