• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Felt--Homestuck Fan Club

Cap'n Sofa

Cow Zedong
We have enough fans on the forum, why not? Discuss Homestuck here!

Get Pesterchum here! We have a TCoD memo, which can be accessed from the memos menu by typing "TCoD" into the text input box and clicking "JOIN".

Also the members list is outdated and I'm lazy so if you asked to join and nobody said no within like 24 hours, assume you're in.

HOMESTUCK WAS LAST UPDATED: January 15
MEMBERS:
Cap'n Sofa (carapaceScientist)
Markku
RespectTheBlade (dignifiedSlicer)
Alice Liddell
Legendaryseeker99
Mawile
Mai
Negrek
Metallica Fanboy (motorFirestorm)
Karkat Vantas
Mewtini (indigoMewtini)
Seritinajii
Squornshellous Beta
Flygon
Sesquipedalian
Doctor Whoof (tangentiallyAcerbic)
Big Red Cherry Bomb
Mendatt (mistralEnchanter)
Rose99820 (excellentNerdling)
Byrus
Eclipse
Sizz-Lorr
Baku
Lirris (stormingAirhead)
surskitty (heinousFirebrand)
Fox McCloud
Superbird

Last edited:
I think we all felt this was going to be made sooner or later. AAAAHAHAHAHA

So joining.

And if I may already start engaging in discussion of the latest updates, I actually did a frame-by-frame check of the last gif to see if I could read what the cue ball said. All it got me was a string of nonsense letters, sadly. Also, Doc Scratch's barging into Rose's conversation with Jade with a "Hello ladies" now has me perpetually thinking he's Old Spice Man.

I can't believe that Rose went totally grimdark. I knew something bad was going to happen, especially with the cue ball thing and the dark magic, but not this.

Depending on who she's going for, Rose may very well not live through whatever's coming up next.

I am the FUCKING KARKAT VANTAS, and I DEMAND to be on this list.

I find the contrast between Kanaya and Rose kinda funny-- Rose began as a "light" character and is now a "dark" one, while Kanaya began as a "dark" character (well, more goth than anything, buuut) and is now a "light" one.

I would be careful about saying that. SBAHJ has had foreshadowing and plot-related hints in it before, and you really, really never know with Hussie. Like seriously never know. There's nothing readily apparent to suggest that these updates are anything but crack, but I wouldn't brush them off just yet.

Anyway, @Metallica Fanboy, yes, and many people have pointed out that we still don't know where the blood all over Jack's arm when he pops into the troll's session comes from; he doesn't have it after killing mom and dad, so likely it came from one of the kids. Rose is obviously a good candidate, but at the same time it seems odd that Scratch would have set up such an elaborate means of getting her killed if he wanted her out of the picture. Unless something about releasing the Horrorterrors was what he was really after, and Rose just had to be the one to do it; afterwards she would be expendable. But I think there's a good chance that if she does die, it won't be for permanent/there will be extenuating circumstances.

In general, I find the light-glowing/dark-glowing contrast pretty interesting. Rose obviously got her dark powers from the Horrorterrors; does that mean that there's some external entity also powering Kanaya's rainbow drinker abilities? If so, what would that be--since Rose, on the Horrorterror's recommendation, has become set on destroying the game scenario, perhaps the opposing faction would be some sort of security system built into the game itself to try and prevent just what Rose is trying to do? It's kind of a stretch, but Scratch obviously has some sort of ulterior motive here, since he's had a hand in both transformations.

I would be careful about saying that. SBAHJ has had foreshadowing and plot-related hints in it before, and you really, really never know with Hussie. Like seriously never know. There's nothing readily apparent to suggest that these updates are anything but crack, but I wouldn't brush them off just yet.

Anyway, @Metallica Fanboy, yes, and many people have pointed out that we still don't know where the blood all over Jack's arm when he pops into the troll's session comes from; he doesn't have it after killing mom and dad, so likely it came from one of the kids. Rose is obviously a good candidate, but at the same time it seems odd that Scratch would have set up such an elaborate means of getting her killed if he wanted her out of the picture. Unless something about releasing the Horrorterrors was what he was really after, and Rose just had to be the one to do it; afterwards she would be expendable. But I think there's a good chance that if she does die, it won't be for permanent/there will be extenuating circumstances.

In general, I find the light-glowing/dark-glowing contrast pretty interesting. Rose obviously got her dark powers from the Horrorterrors; does that mean that there's some external entity also powering Kanaya's rainbow drinker abilities? If so, what would that be--since Rose, on the Horrorterror's recommendation, has become set on destroying the game scenario, perhaps the opposing faction would be some sort of security system built into the game itself to try and prevent just what Rose is trying to do? It's kind of a stretch, but Scratch obviously has some sort of ulterior motive here, since he's had a hand in both transformations.
And besides, let's not forget that, in the end, Homestuck is comedy before it's tragedy, as I even recall Hussie stating several times.

Also, yes, it's trickier to predict with Rose, as she's one of the kids, which makes her about three times less disposable (at least in Hussie's point of view) as the trolls who have been killed and currently show no hope for revival. Besides, she's the only one on the team who can wield needles, so, unless somebody gets her strife deck or something, it'll be impossible to cause the Scratch if she dies. Also, it's useful to keep in mind that her dreamself still lives.

And lastly, a being opposed to the horrorterrors, that might be a stretch when the Skaian clouds already act as a counterpart for them, but entirely possible. Besides, most importantly, Rose and Kanaya are in different sessions, and it has so far been shown that in troll culture light is evil and dark is good.

EDIT
Some ill foreboding from TV Tropes Wiki. Future Dave at one point tells John about what's going; namely, Noir being out of control, Rose being crazy, and Jade, crazier. Well, Noir is out of control now, and Rose is being crazy. And here's the question: how exactly is Jade going to top her?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom