• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Help me wif my White (version) team?

magnemite

Stare into da eye and get lost in its psychic gaze
Alright, I can't beat the elite 4. I know I need to train, but here is my current Pokemon white team:

Example:

(Sprite)
(level) (hold item)
(Stats)
(nature), (gender), (ability)
Move 1
Move 2
Move 3
Move 4

Durant
Lv 41, None
HP 100; Atk 104; Def 101; Sp Atk 51; Sp Def 47; Spd 104
Hardy, M, Swarm
Metal Claw
Bug Bite
Crunch
Iron Head

Deino
Lv 39, Dragon Fang
HP 107; Atk 61; def 55; Sp Atk 52; Sp Def 59; Speed 46
Timid, M, Hustle
Crunch
Dragon Tail
Strength (subject to change)
DragonBreath

Duosion
Lv 33, none (RECENTLY CAUGHT)
HP 96; Atk 29; Def 48; Sp. Atk 94; Sp Def 59; Speed 31
Calm, M, Magic Guard
Recover
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Future Sight

Zebstrika
Lv 43, Amulet Coin
HP 128; Atk 111; Def 69; Sp Atk 78; Sp Def 70; Speed 115
Impish, F, Motor Drive
Rock Smash
Volt Switch
Flame Charge
Charge Beam

Litwick
Lv 40 None
HP 101; Atk 45; Def 51; Sp Atk 53; Sp Def 56; Spd 38
Jolly, F, Flash Fire
Hex
Will-o-wisp
Flame Charge
Payback

Unfezant
Lv 42, Scope Lense
HP 121; Atk 103; Def 76; Sp Atk 61; Sp Def 69; Spd 96
Careful, M, Super Luck
Air Slash
Razor Wind
Aerial Ace
Fly (subject to change)

I want to try to improve this team with the least amount of changes. C, c, and cc appreciated!! (And no, I didn't want to nickname them. I have a tough enough time knowing their species name, it would only make it worse to give them nicknames. Sorry for being boring.)

P.S. My character's name is Maggy, cause that was the first name I thought of... And yes, I am a guy playing as the girl hero.)

Last edited:
Uh lose the charge beam on Druddigon, poor SP. ATk makes it useless.

Dunno what else...

Probably a good thing. I'll find something to switch it with and update...

The most obvious advice I can think of would be to go back to Victory Road and train. A Lampent/Chandelure would be infinitely more helpful, especially if you're wasting a turn in the E4 just for the sake of Litwick gaining some experience.

I know you said you wanted as few changes as possible, but diversifying your team a bit more might help your chances. You have two Dragon-types and two Fire-types, and neither provide especially significant coverage against the Elite Four. I would think about replacing Litwick (if you're not up for training it) and Fraxure. Druddigon's Sheer Force makes most of the moves it knows pretty potent while Fraxure is still coming into its own, so to speak, until it evolves into Haxorus. And even then, Rivalry isn't a worthwhile ability next to Sheer Force.

But, again..the most obvious advice I can give you is "grind, grind, grind." I came in with high 40's and low 50's and was still using items more than I was comfortable with.

Yeah, I'd say it's just really underlevelled. You may try grinding 'em all up to level 47 (at least) before attempting it.

Well, I knew they were underleveled. I was hoping for comments on the pokemon/moves before I go and train them all too much. I'll try to change it and post my updated team after school.

Getting a Dark-type does absolute wonders against both the Ghost- and Psychic-users; I used Zoroark but you may not have access to it. If you don't mind grinding Larvesta up to the proper level, that will do wonders against both the Dark- and Psychic-users. A Psychic-type or Flying-type does great against the Fighting-user.

My advice: get rid of either Fraxure or Druddigon, two Dragon-types is redundant. Neither one is particularly good against the Elite Four or the final boss anyways, so unless you're really attached to them I would replace one with an Ice-type and the other with a Dark-type. Teach Swoobat a Psychic-type move (via TM?) so you can get STAB and easily deal with the Fighting-user. Your levels are also quite low; even using super-effective moves on everything, I couldn't beat the game without my Pokemon ranging from around levels 45-55.

My team for the Elite Four and final boss was, IIRC, Vanilluxe, Gothitelle, Zoroark, Whimsicott, Larvesta, and Samurott.

Keep the Litwick and evolve it, my Lampent just had Inferno, Flame Burst, Hex, and Shadow Ball and it decimated EVERYTHING. It would probably be even better than Victini.
And replace the Swoobat and train a Solosis into a Reuniclus

I've decided to keep Druddigon, due to her ability + Atk + Night Slash, which is and awesome attack with high crit ratio (plus it's a dark move with a pokemon that's not weak to fighting or bug.)

As for psychic, i'm working on getting Reuniclus by level up.

As for Swoobat, I guess i'll change Fly to a psychic move. Probably level-up to learn Psychic. (and Q: what's STAB?)

Lastly, thanks for all the suggestions. I'll make the minor adjustments and update.

P.S. YOU CAN STOP TELLING ME THEY ARE UNDERLEVELED, I KNOW THAT. I JUST WANTED SOME FEEDBACK ON THE LINEUP/MOVES.

STAB stands for 'Same Type Attack Bonus'. Basically, when you use a move that's the same type of the pokémon using it, it's power is 1.5 times normal.

I reccomend training. about 45-50 ish is good for the elite 4. A good place to train is route 10, simply give a pokemon the lucky egg you got, run outside of grass until it starts to shake, go into the shaking grass and (hopefully) defeat an audino, as they're quite common. they also give out a lot of EXP.

:o HOW'D YOU TEACH YOUR DEINO DRAGON CLAW????????
I hear that Zebstrika isn't that good due to lack of a good movepool, you might want to switch it for a Tynamo.
As for your Swoobat, so far your lower-leveled Duosion is superior to it in everything but Speed.
And what happened to your starter???

But good move for the Duosion, it becomes an absolute TANK later on, and it can even take on two STABbed Crunches with its high health.

Dragon Claw is a TM, what is Tynamo? And Servine is currently Lv 27 and in the PC

Deino and its evolutions can't learn Dragon Claw by any means. If you taught it by TM, perhaps you mean Dragon Tail?

Tynamo are found in Chargestone Cave. They're fairly rare (around 8% on the lowest floor, IIRC, and rarer on the upper floors) and don't learn much before evolving, but its evolved forms are pretty powerful and have no weaknesses (since they're Electric-types with Levitate).

Why did you pick a Litwick with a special attack reducing nature? It's one thing to not really care about natures, but if you're having trouble, it's pretty self-defeating to nerf your best stat.

Also as mentioned by Jack_the_PumpkinKing, you've got a lot of redundant typing with two dragons and two psychics. Perhaps you could make room for a Fighting-type to help with Grimsley and Ghetsis? I used a Mienfoo.

I just updated my lineup and am ready for more comments, I swapped
Unfezant for Swoobat;
Duosion for Druddigon;
and changed the moves and leveled as much as I could.

If possible, I'd recommend your starter. A fully evolved starter is very powerful, ev trained or not.
The Pokemon Black/White Guidebook by the actual Pokemon company, surprisingly has a nice strategy to building a team. It's a triangle, pretty much built around one pokemon. Say we're building one based off a Snivy. Now, lets thing, whats strong against a snivy? a fire type. So add a fire type in. Now we have Snivy and Darumaka. Now, whats strong against a Darumaka? A water type. Add in a water pokemon and continue. If you continue this you could eventually have Snivy, Darumake, Panpour, Blitzle, Sandile, and finally Tympole. I tweaked it a bit, in the book it says every other pokemon should be put in your party, so you'd end up with Snivy, Panpour, and Sandile. Experiment with this method. But of course, don't do the E4 with a Snivy. Obviously evolve them, and train them. For the first time of the E4, I'd recommend level 53-55. 78-80 for the second time (The time when you actually face the Champion.)

If possible, I'd recommend your starter. A fully evolved starter is very powerful, ev trained or not.
The Pokemon Black/White Guidebook by the actual Pokemon company, surprisingly has a nice strategy to building a team. It's a triangle, pretty much built around one pokemon. Say we're building one based off a Snivy. Now, lets thing, whats strong against a snivy? a fire type. So add a fire type in. Now we have Snivy and Darumaka. Now, whats strong against a Darumaka? A water type. Add in a water pokemon and continue. If you continue this you could eventually have Snivy, Darumake, Panpour, Blitzle, Sandile, and finally Tympole. I tweaked it a bit, in the book it says every other pokemon should be put in your party, so you'd end up with Snivy, Panpour, and Sandile. Experiment with this method. But of course, don't do the E4 with a Snivy. Obviously evolve them, and train them. For the first time of the E4, I'd recommend level 53-55. 78-80 for the second time (The time when you actually face the Champion.)

For the main storyline, the best thing to do is probably go online, look up the Pokemon you'll be fighting and train a team that's strong against those Pokemon. But in general, yes, the best thing to do is make sure each Pokemon's weaknesses are covered by another Pokemon on your team (ex. Snivy's weak to Fire, Panpour covers Fire. etc). What you have is a bit rudimentary but it works for in-game. Things get way more complicated in competitive battling, though.

Evolve Chandelure. You won't need anything else; I swept the whole E4 with Chandy at Lv. 55. Start with the two weaknesses (Shauntal and Caitlin) to level up to face Marshall and Grimsley, respectively. For Ghetsis, you need an Ice-type and Vanilluxe will do perfectly. A Fighting-type wouldn't hurt too, to keep N and Ghetsis at bay. Keep Durant, it's wonderfully fast for a Steel-type and learns Aerial Ace to go up against Marshall in case Chandelure can't go on. And make sure everyone is at Lv. 50.

So you would need:

Chandelure (Flame Body) w/ DeepSeaTooth (or anything that ups Sp. Atk)
Hex
Shadow Ball
Flame Burst
Will-o-Wisp

Durant (Swarm) w/ Expert Belt
Bug Bite/X-Scissor
Aerial Ace
Hone Claws
-----

Vanilluxe (Ice Body) w/ NeverMeltIce, Icy Rock or any Speed-boosting item
Ice Beam
Hail
Double Team
-----

Scrafty (Moxie) w/ (Some sort of attack-boosting item, possibly the Expert Belt)
Stone Edge
Brick Break
Crunch
Dragon Claw

That's it.

Back
Top Bottom