• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

R/B/Y Is this a balanced team?

Hawlucha Fanatic

Mexican. Wrestler. Bird!
Pronoun
she
Well, I've decided to get a new copy of Pokemon Yellow, seeing as it was my very first Pokemon game and the people I gave my old copy to after I lost my GBC sold it. I've been trying to think of a good team, and this is what I have so far:

- Pikachu/Rin
- Venasaur/Big Al
- Charizard/Kiyoteru
- Blastoise/Kaito
- Nidoqueen/Meiko
- Clefable/Luka

Is this a good team? Anything I should add/remove? Or is this a plain awful team? I'm not used to using a balanced team (case in point, Pokemon White, two Fire types, although Brycen was easy).

Well, first, I have one question: pokemon in this game can be dual-typed, yes?

If so, you might run into some issues with psychic pokemon, as you have two poison-type pokemon, and no bug pokemon, Psychic's only weakness in your situation. (granted, at that point in time, you either had a Beedrill that knew Twin Needle or nothing)

Also (but this might not be possible, given it is Yellow), I would evolve your Pikachu, but again I'm not sure of the possibility there.

Movesets you have in mind would be nice as well.

Well, first, I have one question: pokemon in this game can be dual-typed, yes?
Venusaur, Charizard, and Nidoqueen are all dual-typed.

Also (but this might not be possible, given it is Yellow), I would evolve your Pikachu, but again I'm not sure of the possibility there.
Pikachu refuses to evolve in Yellow, and you can't catch any more except your starter. The only way to get Raichu in Yellow is to trade for it. (IIRC, you can't even evolve a traded Pikachu - you have to evolve it in RB, then trade.)

The team has fairly good type coverage, if that's what you mean by balanced. Though personally, even if it is the titular character, I would dump Pikachu in favor of Jolteon or Magneton, depending on your preference between aggressive and defensive. Jolteon's Pin Missile might even give you a semi-reliable counter to Psychic types, something that very few actual Bugs can provide in Gen I (since so many of them are either half-Poison, too fragile, or can't hope to keep up with the likes of Alakazam). Other than that, though, the team seems pretty solid for in-game.

eh, psychics aren't too hard to deal with.

step 1: try to switch in safely. (hint: you can't.)
step 2: just hit it hard with a physical attack.

sure, slowbro, exeggutor, and hypno might be a bit troublesome, but the first two are dual-type (although slowbro's weaknesses are both special) and they're all really slow.

Back
Top Bottom