• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Revenge of the 500 errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting revenge of the 500's. For like five minutes I had to keep testing links until I got through.

I spent nearly half an hour trying to get out of the 500s...

And I got a lot of 404s too.

Have only got "server is busy" messages, but nothing else. I feel as if i am jinxing myself now.

Nothing in Forum Games seems to be above 1000...

I haven't gotten any 404s.

But 'server is busy' ones are common. They seem to occur mostly in the mornings (11 AM-1 PM GMT) and afternoons (7-9 PM GMT).

I think.

Okay. Guys. Sometimes the server slows down a little and we get error messages. Do you really have to make a thread every single time?

I don't think anyone's been complaining about the forums tendency to eat posts. Typically the 19th out of every 20 posts won't show up until someone else posts above it.

Doesn't that only happen if that post is the first on the next page, but there's been a deleted post on the first page?

I just set my thread viewing options to 50 posts per page and it seems to have fixed that problem.

I just set my thread viewing options to 50 posts per page and it seems to have fixed that problem.

It happens to me on 50 posts per page; just that it happens with posts that start pages for me instead of the posts that I assume disappear for most people. You can still see them in the summary view on the reply page, though, so I work around it like that.

Of course, I jinxed myself after saying that I hadn't erceived any; a few began to appear, but now they appear almost every single time I switch pages.

it happens all the time. we don't need to keep updating how often anyone gets a 500 error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom