• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Synesthesia

Do you have Synesthesia and if so, what kind?

• Grapheme -> Color

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Music -> Color

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Personality -> Color

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I don't have Synesthesia.

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

Shiny Grimer

Pronoun
she/her, they/them
Grate Oracle Lewot said:
Synesthesia is a cross-wiring in the brain. It's where a stimulus activates a sense that it would not normally activate along with the one that it would normally activate. It's percieving something that is not really true, but not in a hallucinogenic way, rather in a mentally associative way. It's when your mind automatically thinks about thing B as soon as something causes it to think about thing A. Examples usually make more sense.

So I was talking to Hegel and whoever else on Windows Live Messenger, and I told them that I have specific colors that I associate with letters of the alphabet. Hegel said, "Isn't that called synesthesia?" And it turns out it was.

Grapheme -> color synesthesia is the most common type. (Graphemes are artificial symbols with meaning; letters, numbers, and other familiar symbols.) People like me who have it associate a certain color with each symbol, but no two people have the samely-colored alphabet, or at least it's Infinite Improbability Drive kind of stuff. Some people associate the colors so strongly that letters they see on paper actually look colored instead of black, but mine isn't that strong. Other people might see colors when they hear certain sounds, or see colors when they feel certain textures, or feel textures when they see colors or hear sounds. In theory, any two senses can be synesthetically paired. The associations are automatic, involuntary, and constant (by which I mean they do not change; "A" will always be red for me, never any other color).

I appear to have a form of synesthesia, music -> color. There are songs that, for some reason, remind me of color. It just sort of appears in the back of my mind and it becomes associated with it. Dancing Queen, for example, is dark blue. I'm Like a Bird is brown. Most people who have it have the alphabet thing. I thought it was pretty cool.

Do you have any form of Synesthesia and if so, which one?

Subjects.

Math = Black
Science = Green
Social = Red
Religion = Yellow
ELA = Blue

It doesn't affect my vision or anything, but when I see those colours, I sometimes think about the subject it is linked to

I am so jealous of anyone with synesthesia. Seriously. :0

Oh, Icalasari, I have that same color=subject association, but I highly doubt it's a form of synesthesia. Mine, however, is

math = red
soc. st = blue
science = green
language arts = yellow
chinese = orange

This subject/color association totally screws the organization in my binder up, because I like to have the subjects in chronological order (as in, my first period class is first in the binder, then my second period, etc.) And, you know how the pocket dividers for subjects have little colored tabs on the end? What I end up doing is half of the time I put the papers in the section that has the right color, and half of the time I put the papers in the section that has the right timeslot. So my school papers end up all over the place.

Suuubjecst:

Maths = Pink
Science (In general) = Orange
  • Physics = Purple
  • Biology = Green
  • Chemistry = Blue
English = Dark green
French = Green
Spanish = Yellow
History = Orange
Geography = Yellow

...Of course these aren't based on the colours of my workbooks for those subjects... *Shifty eyes*

The alphabet is colored.

A is red
B is blue
C is yellow

And so on.

Yay for synesthesia!

Last edited:
For me, It's basically My lessons - Colour of my schoolbooks. So Maths = Yellow, English = Orange, Science = Red and Art = Grey (<- Odd)

I don't have it. BUT I WANT IT SO MUCH

Although the alphabet is colored.

A is red
B is blue
C is yellow

And so on.

If the alphabet shows up colored normally for you, then maybe you do have it...? Unless you forced it upon yourself or something.

Oh, yes, another few:

Triangle - Green
Square - Red
Pentagon - Blue
Hexagon - Orange
Heptagon - Purple
Octogon - Dark blue

Therefore:

2003 - Green
2004 - Red
2005 - Blue
2006 - Orange
2007 - Purple
2008 - Dark blue

2009 is also orange for some reason, and 2010 is gold.

I have the Music -> color variety.

Paralyzer -> Red.
Anything hawthorne heights -> dark blue/grey.

There's more, but I think I'm either listening to a "black" song (as in color), or it isn't connected to a color.

You have no idea how happy this thread makes me. Most people think I'm lying or crazy.

I see music in my mind's eye, and once I painted a pair of shoes with the colors and shapes of a song. (They don't nearly do the stuff I see justice.)

Iddano, but I do know that I seem to associate some things with colors, like, a certain song "feels" like a certain color, or a weekday is some color...

I don't know if that's synesthesia or not... Anyway:

Monday: Red-ish
Tuesday: Lite blue
Wednesday: Yellow
Thursday: Brown
Friday: Red
Saturday: Blue-ish
Sunday: Pale yellow

A is red
B is blue
C is yellow
I was going to say that. I could never imagine them being any other color.

For example, my favorite song, 天気予報 - Snowkel, I couldn't imagine it being any other color than blue. Blue is my least favorite color, and I try and think of it as more of a green song, it doesn't work. It's blue. :x

Days of the week:

Sunday- yellow
Monday- pink
Tuesday- Blue
Wednesday- green
Thursday- orange
Friday- red
Saturday- black

Sunday - Gold/White.
Monday - Red.
Tuesday - Green.
Wednesday - Blue. (I also tend to think of umbrellas when I think of Wednesday, which might be why blue... but why Wednesday?)
Thursday - Gray.
Friday - Bright Orange.
Saturday - A cheery color, like bright yellow or bright pink. Something fun.

OMG! I didn't know that other people had this! I think of almost everything in colors!

Sun: Yellow
Mon: Orange
Tues: Red
Wed: Green
Thurs: Maroon
Fri: Indigo
Sat: Dark Green

The months of the year also have colors, but they're usually based on the holidays (like October is orange and February is red).

All my school subjects are different shades of green for some reason.

Spanish: Lime Green
Math: Forest Green
Study Hall: The Green of the Cherubi leaf in my sig.
English: Forest Green
Chemistry: Teal
History: Very Dark Green
Choir: Pale Green

Back
Top Bottom