• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

SGRUB [Signup]

Coloursfall

THIS IS HOW WE BLEED
sgrublogo.png

SGRUB - an immersive simulation game that one plays in a group. You are one of several young Trolls that have been invited to play this mysterious but promising game. Seems simple enough, right?

But there are powers at work here that one could never have dreamed of. But you are unaware, all of you are. There are things lurking in the programming, waiting to feast on your tender young Troll flesh.

So be careful, and prepare to explore the twisting depths of not just the game, but you and your teammates' own psyches.

----​

Form:

[B]Name:[/B] [first and last]
[B]Gender:[/B]
[B]Blood Colour:[/B] [an image with the exact shade is good]
[B]Symbol:[/B] [and a link to its meaning if possible]
[B]Trolltag:[/B] [this will be used for pesterchum]
[B]Typing Quirk: [/B]
[B]Lusus:[/B] [their name/appearance/so on]
[B]Title:[/B] [___ of ___]
[B]Planet:[/B] [Land of ___ and ___]
[B]Dream:[/B] [Derse/Prospit]
[B]Strife Specibus:[/B] [___kind]

[B]Relations:[/B] [this can be filled out as the RP goes]

[B]Appearance:[/B] [drawings and sprites you made can be LINKED TO but a written one is required]

[B]Personality:[/B] [a few notes, though it can be largely PO]

[B]History:[/B] [optional]

[B]Other:[/B]

----
Rules/Notes:

-You can have up to two characters
-There are 12 character slots
-Once you are accepted you will be invited to the Social Group. Please use this to discuss plot ideas/relations/questions/so on, so has to not clutter the thread.
-I expect quality from you. Read this.
-Pastebin works well for storing chatlogs from Pesterchum so you don't need to post huge logs all at once.
-This game is a 2/1/2 on the RPGRatings scale
-We can chat on Mibbit, on channel #tcod-SGRUB if you can't Pesterchum.

----
My Form:

Name: Your name is FRIRTZ AKLEUS.
Blood Colour:
bloodfrirtz.png

Symbol: the Rod of Asclepius
Trolltag: asclepiaSunder
Typing Quirk: you +end to ISpeak with a bi+ of a HiISIS.
Lusus: Pius, a large snake.
Title: Foe of Peace
Planet: Land of Desolation and Prisms
Dream: Derse
Strife Specibus: Sawkind

Relations:

Rossel - ♥

Appearance: Portrait - Front View - Sprite - God Tier

Frirtz is tall and slender, with the usual features of his kind - grey skin, yellow eyes, the works. He has a vague 'snakey' look to him, and one of his fangs protrudes from his lips. He has a long scare over his left eye, which shows his blue blood shade. He typically wears a dark shirt with his symbol on it, and black pants, with a while coat over top. He's often got small bloodspatters of various colours on the coat. He carries his Bonesaw Strife Specibus strapped to his belt under the coat. His horns are rather tall, and the right-hand one is straight and sharp, and the left is curved and blunt.

Personality:

You have several INTERESTS, such as DISECTING THINGS, which you are most fond of, and being a CONDECENDING JERKASS.
You also enjoy a bit of PORTRAIT DRAWING now and then, but you don't like to let people know about that.
It gets in the way of your CONDECENDING JERKASS image.

Last edited:
Name: Your name is ROSSEL BROWNE.

Blood Colour:
russellblud.png

Symbol: Considering he's a seatroll, the water one is the appropriate symbol here.

Trolltag: twoflueTrident, although I must warn - it glitches on me often, so I also have twoflueHarpoon for him (I assume this is all right if it's just weird connection issues that make it so two tags are used, and even then usually the first?)

Typing Quirk: YØu tend to try and emulate yØur symbØl as best yØu can, and yØu make yØur smilies fishies like yØu! }ouo{ You all-caps things IMPORTANT TO YOU, which in this case is mostly the WATER BREATHY THING. You are so proud of it, you don't even know.

Lusus: Ao, a very, very large sea turtle, possibly several millennia old. He seems to be docile usually, sleeping through weeks at a time, but you know better. Last time he got really angry, you had to apologize for the sopor slime and blood littering up the place.

Title: Heir of Life
Planet: Land of Frost and Shores (LOFAS); more or less a frozen wasteland, with sand fine, grey, and cold, and the oceans frozen over. There's the smallest of surfacing holes, leading into the murky deep.
Strife Specibus: Harpoonkind
Relations: Frirtz - ♥ (but sometimes, you swear it feels like ♠)

Appearance: He's a bit on the short and chubby side, with the typical yellow eyes, gray skin, etc. His hair is usually wet and ruffly, a little unbecoming of his caste, but it doesn't seem to matter too much to him. He wears the typical jewelry of the highbloods, with a thin golden chain and a few rings here or there. He also has the typical facial and arm fins of the seadwellers, the facial ones rather large and an embarrassment when pointed out. His eyes have bags under them from short little naps instead of proper sleep (which, considering how much he takes after his lusus, is likely a terrible idea.)

Horns are one short and pointed, another rather long and looking kind of like this.

Personality: People (and by people you mean your MATESPRIT) think you're a PANSY ASS, but you're really not. You just don't like MINDLESS CULLING much, though you do hunt pretty often, and ARE GOOD AT IT. BEING FRIENDLY is a good thing, and you don't know why he doesn't see that. You're kind of FLUTTERY, hopping from thing to thing, and often forgetting that, hey, people MAY BE CONTACTING YOU. One other thing you like to do is BUILD THINGS, although that's kind of hard underwater. Nevertheless, one of your inventions have worked: the permanent aqualung, or as you call it, the WATER BREATHY THING.

Other: Chances are, he'll try and ask you if he can install the WATER BREATHY THING. It's pretty painful. Learn how to hold your breath instead. (Unless you want to be an android for some reason :v)

Last edited:
Can I reserve a spot? I promise that I'll post an application soon. I'm getting better at this "keeping up with multiple RPs at one" thing.

Reserve, please!

Wait, are we actually going to use Pesterchum for this?

yes. i can fetch the download link for anyone who needs it.

Question: Did you guys actually make these characters? If you did, where and/or how did you do so? I might be interested.

...I'm a bit puzzled here. If you mean the sprites I did mine by hand with a spriting kit, and the characters themselves...uh. yes.

I figured I would post this here while I worked on it. Is that okay? If it's not, I'll take it off.

Name: Menatt Liocre

Blood Colour:
541943-24WWAKQ.png
One of the innumerable shades of blood. On the edge of the sea troll/land troll blood dividend, and somewhat genetically unstable.
RBG 180, 220, 180, hex B4B4DC.

Symbol: It's a sort of windy thing

Trolltag: mistralEnchanter

Typing Quirk: ~Talks in a feathery manner, like s{|}~
Replaces all [oO] with {|}
Prefixes with ~
Ends sentances with ~
~Like this, y{|}u see!~

Lusus: Avare the sort of purple phoenix. She's a rather unique lusus. As an adult, she's very intelligent and can even speak, but as an infant, which she is frequently, as about once every solar sweep she incinerates herself and is reborn from the ashes, she's just about helpless, as well as, you know, being an infant that can breath flames, and needs to be looked after.
Also has a tendancy to burn nests.

Title: Sylph of Breath

Planet: Land of Wind and Flames (Lowaf)

Dream: Prospit

Strife Specibus: Glaivekind

Relations:

<3 None

<> Jayqov

Has an inexplicable urge to look after him, for a reason that, as previously mentioned, he can't explain.

c3< None

<3< None

Appearance: He has short-length hair that's somewhat girly, rather like Kanaya. His horns spiral, like this. His shirt is black, with his symbol on it. The usual. He does, however, have a white sash with his glaive strapped on it, and instead of having yellow eyes like the rest of his kind, his are a bright green. Also, due to his highly unstable blood shade? He has wings.

Sprite

Personality: You have very few INTERESTS, but one of them is FLIGHT. You like flying, and practice frequently, for you were taught to glide on the natural winds of the area surrounding your flying five by your phoenix lusus. Most of your life is taken by practicing FLIGHT(Which you can do, as you are on the very edge of the blood color that makes you into a sea troll, and it has messed with your genes oddly), although the rest is taken by GLAIVE PRACTICE, EATING, and SLEEPING. You have managed to avoid the contempt of the lower classes that generally comes with your blood color due to the isolation of your hive. Most of your contact with other trolls is via Trollian. For a long time you didn't actually know about the fact that you have a noble blood color, because no one ever really explained it to you. Beyond your INTERESTS, your actual personality is very caring, as you've had to look after a baby lusus six times, and because you were completely isolated until you found trollian, you don't want any of your acquaintances to die. You were never really into EXTREME ROLEPLAYING, although you do kill many creatures of the air while flying. You do, however, try to avoid it as much as possible, and although the creatures of the air are vicious, when you can avoid killing them, you try to care for them and release them back into the wind.

History: Not much history to speak of, so I'll put some details in here instead.
Your hive is a series of wooden platforms held in the air by sails and connected by ropes. You possess a variety of objects, including a TOUCHKEY LAPTOP, a PURPLE PHOENIX PLUSHIE, a GLAIVE, a GLAIVE-HOLDING SASH, and a SWORD, which you don't really use, as you don't have the right strife specibus.
Your fetch modus is GRIDLOCK. It is a 4x4 grid of captchalogue cards where you can slide columns or rows to retrieve the one on the end. Adding one causes a row to slide, causing whichever item is on the end to fly out at high speeds.

Other:

Last edited:
Name: JAYQOV YISRAL
Blood Colour:
blooood.png

Symbol: It's a sun. It symbolizes the sun. :B
Trolltag: solarLeporidae
Typing Quirk: n-no captialization o-or punctuation and s-stutters a-and replaces d-double Ls w-with 11
Lusus: Patreca; female, resembles a giant jackrabbit with very long ears and massive claws. Very overprotective of Jayqov, rarely, if ever, letting him leave his underground hive.
Title: Host of Dreams
Planet: Land of Dust and Flowers
Strife Specibus: shovelKind

Relations: Already his romantic life seems to be a hurricane of ♦. He's already had two people start having pale feelings for him. Hicory offered first, but given how he is Jayqov fears it won't last, despite how nice Hicory is. Mendat has also suggested moirallegiance.

Appearance: Grey skin, yellow eyes, black shirt, yadda yadda yadda. His horns are long and straight, which sometimes makes getting enough sleep a hassle for him. He dresses plainly, mostly just not caring enough about getting dolled up. He's not used to having people to get dolled up for. Even for a troll, his hair is pretty crazy, sticking out every which-way. His eyes are unusually wide for a troll, reflecting his nervous nature.

Here's a sprite. And oh hey I finished a portrait too.

Personality: People would probably call you a NICE GUY, but you think the term NERVOUS WRECK is more fitting for someone like you. You don't deal with things very easily, and have a habit of STUTTERING. But maybe they are right a bit, underneath the FRIGHTENED LITTLE BUNNY persona you are a pretty good guy. You're also PRETTY SMART, enough to be aware of the IMMENSE IRONY of your symbol. Sometimes you swear your TRUSTY SHOVEL talks to you, but you've never told anyone. Since your LUSUS won't stop chewing on the GODDAMN WIRES of your COMPUTER, you've been forced to develop a talent for SOLDERING. You have a few INTERESTS, including LITERATURE and, during the few times your LUSUS let you up onto the surface, GARDENING. Last you checked your POOR GARDEN long since died. This fact saddens you greatly. Underground you can't tend to much more than MUSHROOMS and MOSS, which is kind of BORING.

History: He was chosen by a very overprotective lusus, one who almost never let him leave his hive, hell, barely even let him leave his room, and has only now even gotten a computer, so he's still pretty new to all this.

Other:

Last edited:
NEAT.

Ok I'll reserve and get mine started.

Name: Vercin Krumop
Blood Colour: Mustard
Symbol: Just a square
Trolltag: cravingSteampunk
Typing Quirk: [evrithing is in braketts for sum reezon] [also U spel finetikley and use no punktuashun save for eckslimashuns and kwestchin marks]
Lusus: A treant of about 4' 5" named Rowanoak
Title: Thief of Sound
Planet: Land of Steam and Iron
Strife Specibus: Wrenchkind

Relations: Rowanoak

Appearance: Normal Troll things, yellow eyes, gray skin, black shirt, etc. He wears glasses and a vest that matches the three squares on his shirt. His pants are two-toned and he wears flip-flops. His only noticable hair is the soul patch under his mouth, and he has three triangular horns.

Sprite.

Personality: You are a complete and utter NERD. You spend a majority of your time dealing with your VARIOUS STEAM-POWERED CREATIONS. you're KIND OF DUMB, but only when it comes to ANYTHING NOT RELATED TO MECHANISMS OR GAMING. Which unfortunately is MANY THINGS.

History: Your history ISN'T INTERESTING, you guess. All you have done in your life is PLAY BOARD GAMES, CREATE INTERESTING MECHANICAL DEVICES, and practice SINGING. Yes, you DABBLE IN MAGIC, but it's NOT YOUR FAVORITE THING.

Other: I like how all nouns not referring to you are in all caps, kind of like Pokemon.

Last edited:
Blood Colour: White
Typing Quirk: Capitalize The First Letter Of All Words.
Lusus: A tree of about 4' 5" named Rowanoak
Strife Specibus: Dicekind

Hi! I'm helping out the DM in this game. Have you read Homestuck before? (It's awesome, so you shou*SHOT*) If not, there's a few things you should know about the game:

1. Blood color has to fall within the spectrum of the rainbow. Any color between red and purple is an option. Black and white don't fall in there, and therefore can't be chosen.

2. There's a canon character who already has this typing quirk. You can add something else to differentiate yourself from her.

3. Creative idea, but sadly lusii have to be animals. It can be based on any animal, even mythical ones, but they can't be plants.

4. Again, there's a canon character that already uses dice.

Yeah, thanks. Also: Colors CG and CC are off-limits, as such colors are INCREDIBLY rare (as in, one-of-a-kind).

SECOND CHARACTER GO

Name: TYRISI ANATAS
Blood Colour:
blooood2.png
(Little tricky placing this one on the hemospectrum: It's one below AA)
Symbol: Mercury symbol
Trolltag: futureArtemis
Typing Quirk: rep/a<es /ower<ase l's with "/" and upper<ase with "//", /ower<ase c's with "<" and upper<ase with "<<" and A with "^"
Lusus: Elaryn; Resembles a large but lithe deer with sharp hooves and antlers. One antler looks as if it's been broken off, but the other is oversized. Is very lively, energetic, and loyal to and defensive of Tyrisi.
Title: Maid of Zeal
Planet: Land of Cliffs and Whirlpools
Strife Specibus: spearKind

Relations:

Appearance: Quite tall and very thin, with very little figure to her. She dresses sporty, with loose shirts and shorts, normally. Her hair is long and often tied back in a ponytail or braid. She has bright, alert eyes and an almost constant smile. Her horns are... odd. They're kind of long, straight up a bit out of her head, before splitting into long curves that are blunt on the ends, a bit like deer antlers without the "branches".

Oh hey I finished the sprite. And a portrait too! Man, I'm productive!

Personality: The first thing one would probably notice about you is how OVERWHELMINGLY CHEERFUL you happen to be. Your level of happy is odd for someone as low a caste as you, and is something of an ACQUIRED TASTE for those who get to know you. You have an interest in PRANKS, though you try to keep them at a harmless level. However, for some reason you don't like people to get too close to you.

History: Nothing special as of now.

Other:

Last edited:
Hi! I'm helping out the DM in this game. Have you read Homestuck before? (It's awesome, so you shou*SHOT*)

I started once, but I never got to finish.

If not, there's a few things you should know about the game:

1. Blood color has to fall within the spectrum of the rainbow. Any color between red and purple is an option. Black and white don't fall in there, and therefore can't be chosen.

I was going with Olive Drab to begin with, but then I saw someone (I think it was you, actually) who also had it, and I didn't think we could duplicate, and White was the next thing to come to mind.

2. There's a canon character who already has this typing quirk. You can add something else to differentiate yourself from her.

Agh... I wanted to do that because I ACTUALLY tend to do that... I think I have an idea that will change it.

3. Creative idea, but sadly lusii have to be animals. It can be based on any animal, even mythical ones, but they can't be plants.

But...But... what if it was a treant? Those are mythical creatures. If not, I'll think of something else.

4. Again, there's a canon character that already uses dice.

Nogh! *grumblegrumble* What about chainsawkind or staffkind?

EDIT: oh, and do we have to have two horns? I'm designing my character now and would like to know.

Back
Top Bottom