• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Strange/Stupid/Amusing Moments in Pokemon Gaming...

Spatz

Egahds, I've been gone a long while!
I didn't want to necro the old one, so I started a new one instead.

Earlier today I was going through battle subway single run (I'm trying to get BP), when an opponent sends out a Cincinno against my Metagross.
Progresson of events:

-Enemy Cininno used Sing
-Galvinore Fell Asleep
-Galvinore is asleep
-Enemy Cincinno used Tail Slap
-Rocky Helmet hurt enemy Cincinno
-Galvinore is asleep
-Enemy Cininno used Rock Blast
-Galvinore is asleep
-Enemy Cininno used Rock Blast
-Galvinore woke up!
-Galvinore used Thunderpunch
-Win

Foreshortened, he almost knocked himself out...

My first Surf encounter in Black was a Stunfisk. Not only it's not a Water-type, it's weak to Water.

It once took me six tries to beat Brock the first time I went through FR/LG because I didn't know that he had Rock Tomb....

I remember the first time Kecleon (in PMD) accused me of stealing his stuff. I just decided to pick up an Oran Berry because I thought I might need it, and then he was like, "YOU DON'T GOT ENOUGH MONEYZ GIMME BACK MY STUFF" and then he started going after me and I was all like, "Holy shit what I do D:" And then he knocked me out with one hit.

I mean, I could have given it back to you, you know.

Metronome is really, really fun to just use in random encounters, for some reason.

TOGEPI used METRONOME!
TOGEPI used SACRED FIRE!

I also had a really odd moment when I first reached Skyarrow Bridge and was walking around, then had a laughing fit when a truck zoomed below me.

Metronome is really, really fun to just use in random encounters, for some reason.

I also had a really odd moment when I first reached Skyarrow Bridge and was walking around, then had a laughing fit when a truck zoomed below me.

Metronome is the best.
My Mew has blasted out Judgements several times, along with a few Roar of Times and at least one Sacred Fire.

TOGEPI used Metronome!
TOGEPI used Spacial Rend!

MY TOGEPI CAN WIN WITH BREAKING SPACE, YOUR TOGEKISS HAS TO RELY ON HAX TO WIN.

TOGEPI used Metronome!
TOGEPI used Spacial Rend!

MY TOGEPI CAN WIN WITH BREAKING SPACE, YOUR TOGEKISS HAS TO RELY ON HAX TO WIN.

I know right?
It's why I'm holding a Metronome-only ASB battle.

Also whenever I'm facing a Dragon-type with my Reuniclus and blast it with HP Dragon.

There's a couple things that your rival says in Platinum that crack me up.

First: When you talk to him after meeting rowan and you're being forced to pick a pokemon:

"Go ahead, [name], you choose first. I'm gonna be like a man about it. Yeah, I'm slick."

Second: at Lake Verity, when you and your rival want to catch Mesprit.

"We need Pokéballs! You know, P-o-k-accent-e balls!"

Caught a Poochyena on my Nuzlocke, named it after me because I do that sometimes. Kept thinking to myself, "She'll be the first to die."

NEXT BATTLE:
"Rachel has fainted!"

I told my friend's boyfriend (who's a fairly knowledgeable Pokemon fan) about this while everyone was doing something else. When they all came back they were wondering why he was laughing hysterically.

Sending out Sawk against Grimsley's Scrafty. It's not actually about the situation, but I thought something like: "Now i'm fighting Fighting with Fighting" and then I realized it sounded strange.

Sending out Sawk against Grimsley's Scrafty. It's not actually about the situation, but I thought something like: "Now i'm fighting Fighting with Fighting" and then I realized it sounded strange.

Yo dawg so I heard you like fighting Fighting with Fighting, so I put Fighting in your Fighting so you can fight Fighting with Fighting while you fight Fighting with Fighting.

Has anyone ever found an English translation of what this character says?

I don't have a translation, but I so have the exact words he says.

When you talk to him before you battle he says:
"Se ripenso a quante montagne ho attraversato in lungo e in largo, mi viene tanta voglia di una lotta."

And when you defeat him, he says:
"Vengono in mente altre lotte in cui perso proprio come adesso!"

so, uh, if anyone speaks Italian...

"If I think of how many mountains I traversed the length and breadth, it makes me feel like such a struggle"

"One is reminded of other battles in which lost just like now!"

This is your daily Crappy Google Translate by KR-9.

Better when challenged:

"If I think of how many mountains I traversed the length and breadth, it makes me really want a fight. "

I found the encounters of various Italian- and French-speaking trainers to be quite an amusing surprise. A true shame I am not fluent in the former and my understanding of the latter is extremely limited.

A handful of friends conducted a Pokemon battle as well - the result, through a rather silly battle, was the cementing of Oshawott and Ice Beams as an amusing inside joke for a good while.

Back
Top Bottom