• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Lost Days [OOC/Sign-Ups]

Glace

booming system
As the world began to progress into an era of peace and tranquility, many trainers and their beloved Pokemon traveled worldwide without the horrible fear of evil breathing on their necks. All soon learned that a utopia was impossible to achieve. Sanz Mauvais, a prideful, arrogant, and middle-aged man had slowly risen to power in the recovering Silph Co. Eventually, Mauvais*was able to intertwine various powerful companies ranging across the regions. Crowned as the owner of Mauvais Enterprises, the vile human soon became corrupt with power. Abusing every resource he claimed, Mauvais converted his ill intentions into a reality.

"REVOLT LED TO GROUP'S DEMISE" read the headline of the newspaper as a shocked world learned of the sudden event. When citizens accused Mauvais of being politically corrupt, the debate quickly transformed into a lethal brawl, Mauvais winning the battle with ease. The event sparked the madness in Mauvais, and soon he assured himself that no one was to be trusted. Later that night, his wife and two children were found dead. Sanz Mauvais had disappeared.

Following that mysterious time, mass chaos wreaked throughout the world. Unexplained attacks, killings, and raids ran amuk. Important figures met their terrible demises. Cities became treacherous wastelands. Many blame Sanz Mauvais for these happenings.

---20 YEARS LATER---

Much of the world is currently imprisoned, dead, or roaming the regions in search of survival camps. These camps are often located in remote areas hidden by the environment. River camps, groups of survivors floating on marsh water, are the most common, with underground camps being quite popular as well. Unfortunately, many camps are still victims of attack at times.

The metropolis of Nimbasa, currently known as District 69, is now a treacherous wasteland. Though the initial destruction of Nimbasa occurred long ago, havoc still haunts the tense air. The number of survivors has dropped by a half since the first attack, and the remainder of the surviving population is hunted day and night. The sewage system is utilized for communication by survivors to assist others or obtain assistance. Enemy forces are often called "The Sanzi". By stealthily listening to the perpatrators, the citizens have learned that the maniac manipulating the world is supposedly located in Hoenn. Most are too timid to attempt to travel such a distance to save lives, however.

Communication is limited. The courageous are gone. Needs are scattered and sparse. Travel is nearly unachieveable. Opposing forces are plentiful. The population is depleting.

All hope seems to have been lost.

-----

You are a Pokemon living in the destroyed metropolis of Nimbasa. You will go on a journey to stop The Sanzi, whether you want to, need to, or are dragged into travel.

Rules:

- Follow the guidelines and have acceptable roleplay etiquette.
- No godmodding or Mary Sues.
- Subplots are wanted, but make sure that they don't stray you or others from the main plot.
- Bad grammar is not acceptable. There is an obvious difference between bad spelling and typos.
- PG-13. Light cursing and mature references are allowed.
- Posts should be somewhat lengthy. Short posts are allowed, but keep It limited.
- Maximum amount of characters per user is two.
- Have fun and keep this thing alive for a while!

Form:

Name: First and last names please. Nicknames allowed.
Species: What Pokemon are you?
Ability: Self-explanatory, must be an actual ability of your Pokemon.
Appearance: Any odd characteristics for Pokemon go here.

Personality: Make it somewhat long. I want to see character development.

History: Make it lengthy and interesting. I want to see this tied in with your posts, and cliche details won't allow you to do so.

Relationships: Any relationships with other players or characters are to be listed here.

Other: Any extra things that don't belong in other departments.

---

Player List:

- Mon Ami (Coroxn)
- Gabby Malay (IndigoFox)

Reservations:

- Yanma (Alice Liddell)
- Avery Vaile (Lirris)
- Mai
- Exo-Raikou
- Pawniard (RespectTheBlade)
- Lopunny (MewMew:))

---

There will be a short summary updated often for newcomers to the RP.

Summary:

---

This will start once I get a new computer.

Last edited:
Re: The Lost Days [SIGN-UPS OPEN]

Reserve + Started, need to finish form.

Name: Avery Vaile
Species: Swellow
Ability: Scrappy
Appearance: Avery has a smaller third fork to his tail feathers, and posseses much larger wings, allowing him immensly longer sustained flight. Avery's eyes are a bright lime green, and he has royal blue, and cherry red feathers.

Personality: Avery is somewhat of an airhead, not fully realising any situation, and often getting by on sheer dumb luck alone. He finds himself making freinds with some difficulty, primarily because most can't believe that he is so carefree in such a dire situation. Despite this, AVery is immensly freindly, and in battle can prove to be more than expected.

History: Make it lengthy and interesting. I want to see this tied in with your posts, and cliche details won't allow you to do so.

Relationships: Any relationships with other players or characters are to be listed here.

Reserve! I have no idea what I want to be but this sounds fuuun~

Reserve a Pawniard, please. This sounds good and I think I already might have an idea.

Name:Mon Ami
Species: Litwick
Ability:Flash Fire
Appearance: Nope. None.

Personality: Suave, gentle. Scared easily. Somewhat childish. Extremely intelligent, though not always practical. Prefers to use creativity to solve problems, and hates "easy ways out". Loathes stupidity, as it extremely annoys him. Can be a bit of an arrogant ass. Not very confident about his abilities.

History: (I don't really know what to add, cause the information is severely limited. Anyhow, I'll try). Mon's mother was killed long ago by The Sanzi. His father became very protective of him, and never really let him out in this dangerous world of theirs. But one day, a Sanzi bullet struck the Chandelure in the arm, and he came down with a severe fever. Mon attempts to attack the Sanzi to get a cure for the vile poison.

Relationships: None.

Other: None.

Erm, did I forget gender in the firms? •-•

I shall edit that in, and may people add that to forms already started?

MewMew:)

Reserved.

Name: Gabby Malay
Species: Vulpix
Ability: Flash Fire
Appearance: Gabby is not much different from any other vulpix. Same small body, same colored fur, for the most part, and the same eyes. Only two things set her apart from any other vulpix. The first, is that the fur on her belly is black. A single line of discoloration. The second is that she is covered in scars. Her fur is missing on many places on her body, and one of her ears is missing. She has three jagged scars just above her eye, running almost down to her eyelid, and one long scar right down her flank.

Personality: Gabby is always smiling. She is extremely happy and energetic, and she loves to be around people. She's an optimist besides, and always thinks of things in brightest light... until you get to know her. Gabby is actually a psychotic masochist. She'll deliberately get herself into a position where she can be easily hurt, because she enjoys the pain. She'll giggle as she bleeds, and even tempt her attacker to hurt her further. She does not fear pain or death, which makes her a fierce fighter, and a survivor at times. Even when dying, Gabby is always smiling.

History: Gabby's mother died while giving birth to Gabby, so she grew up with her father, a kind old ninetales who, like Gabby, never stopped smiling. He told her that every problem in life could be solved with a smile, and she took this motto very seriously. Even though she would often hear him crying on the nights that she couldn't sleep, she trusted that her father was smiling while he wept. Her childhood was filled with laughter, and joy, and happiness, and for a long time she thought that things would stay that way forever.

But she was wrong. One night, as she listened to her father weep, she heard a rustling in the bushes. She didn't move, remembering that she was supposed to be asleep. Her father had heard the rustling, and immediately his hackles raised, and his lips curled back into a snarl. He moved towards the bushes to investigate, just barely making out a large shape in the foliage. His eyes widened as he realized what the shape was, and he tried to avoid the incoming attack, but he had realized too late.

A massive paw swung out from the bushes, its claws catching the ninetales' chest, opening three large gashes before sending him flying towards his daughter. She had been keeping her eyes closed the entire time, but now she opened them just in time to see her father's bloodstained body flying at her. She tried to get out of the way, but she was too slow, and before she could get away, her father's limp body had pinned her to a rock.

She struggled wildly, but the weight of her father's body was too much from her. She heard a cough, and realized that her father was still alive, if only just. He was bleeding badly, and he looked at her, smiling. "Why aren't you smiling?" he choked out, the life fading from his body, "You should... always... smile..." As his voice trailed off, Gabby looked blankly at her father for a few seconds. She could hear the arcanine approaching, and her heart was filled with confusion and fear, and she was sick with indecision. She felt awful about her father, but he had told her to smile...

A shadow covered her, and she looked up to face the pokemon who had just killed her father. There was a smug grin on his face, and he stood as though waiting for something... tears, Gabby would think later, he wanted her to cry. But the tears never came, and the arcanine's smug grin faded as Gabby began to smile. Her smile windened to a grin, and she began to chuckle. For a moment, the arcanine looked genuinely scared. "I killed your father!" he roared, putting on a brave face, "Why aren't you crying, or begging for your life?" Gabby said nothing, only laughed harder, until she was nearly crying. The arcanine looked around nervously, and began to back away. Something had snapped in Gabby's mind, and as she stopped laughing, she kept her head down.

"Go on," she chuckled quietly, raising her head dramatically. "Hit me," she laughed, grinning at the arcanine. "Come on, hit me!" she invited again, and the arcanine, now fully terrified fled. She laughed as he went.

"You're crazy!" he screamed after her, but she couldn't hear him over the sound of her own laughter.

Relationships: None.

Other: HehehehehehehahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAH! (I'm going to have wayyyy too much fun with this character.

Reserve!

Name: Nicole "Fatty" Anderson
Species: Raichu
Ability: Static

Appearance: She gets her middle name (Which is also her nickname) because ,well, she's a fat raichu. (If you look at the red/blue sprite of Raichu, then you'll see.) Other than that, she's a normal raichu.

Name: Keton "Ceasar" Relis.
Species: Pawniard
Ability: Defiant
Appearance: Keton's armor is full of various nicks and scratches from fighting amongst other Pawniard. One of his blades is made from a special black material he found. It is extremely sharp and can cut through steel. The other blade is normal, in fact, it is somewhat dull.

Personality: Keton is the definition of a loner. When he lived in his colony, he had everything: a bunch of friends, a family, a girlfriend, and almost anthing he could ever want. He was full of ambitions. He was destined to become the next leader in his group by defeating it's current leader. However, when his colony was captured, he lost it all. Keton is very self-defensive, and does not like to make friends. He's very intelligent, and is ruthless in almost every detail. He still does have a bit of compassion left in him, but it's hidden deep away. He doesn't talk much, and has a very serious disposition. If anything, he's insanely dangerous when provoked, and is someone yoú would not want to fight if you weren't a fighting type. And even then, you'd probably have to worry a bit. He hates humans from the bottom of his heart.

History: Keton belonged to a clan of wild Bisharp and Pawniard. As most know, all Pawniards of a clan are led by a single Bisharp. Every Pawniard in the group restrains itself from evolving, so they can mantain a sense of who is leader. When the Bisharp leader is killed or captured, a single Pawniard will be chosen to take his place. This is how the Pawniard clans all around Unova remain civilized and efficient. Keton belonged to a Pawniard clan around Route 9, near Challenger's Cave. When he was in his prime and happiest at his clan, the cave had not been discovered by trainers. That changed shortly. A single Ace Trainer was all it took for word to spread. Afterwards, trainers flocked through the route. Many of Keton's friends were captured. His clan was forced into hiding. Whenever they were discovered, they would mercilessly kill any human that would see them. The clan was shortly forced into hiding. Then, the humans stopped appearing. All of a sudden they seemend to have vanished. The Pawniard clan came out of hiding, and lived peacefully on Route 9 for a few months.

That all changed soon.

One day, Keton discovered a meteorite that had crashed into a field near Challenger's cave. It had a decent amount of very strong iron in it. He took a small piece of iron shrapnel to a Heatmor that had wandered into Challenger's Cave. The Heatmor managed to smelt the metal and make a sharp, black blade that replaced one of Keaton's natural ones. The metal was unnaturally strong. A few months went by, and Keton used the metal to fight his way to the top of his clan. He was next in line to become leader. However, his luck and hapiness was short lived. One night, his entire clan was captured. They were caught for use by The Sanzi. All of Keton's friends, family, and loved ones were taken. The Sanzi attempted to capture Keton as well. His blade was able to cut throught the thick steel wire of the nets the Sanzi had used to capture his friends. Keton esaped and went on the run for a few months. When he returned, he knew it was too late. Pawniard clans are very family based, and most didn't accept outsiders. Realizing he was all alone, he knew he had to get his family back. Keton donned the name Ceasar, so no one would know he was from a non-existent clan, and vowed to stop at nothing to reunite with his clan and free them, even if it meant killing every Sanzi operative he saw. But, he's not had much luck recently. He's been all alone, just trying to survive. He doesn't even know where he is right now, but he can see a city up ahead. The only thing left for him is the prospect of finding his clan again.

Relationships: If anyone wants to play his girlfriend, that's fine with me. If not, then he probably won't find her till the end of the RP, if he does. It won't affect the way he plays as a charachter too much.

Other: Sorry if this is messing with the plot a bit, I just don't know that much about the Sanzi. I would assume they would use Pawniard, but I could be wrong. Sorry this took so long.

Name: Moka Hatake
Species: Lopunny
Ability: Limber, cannot be paralyzed
Appearance: Shiny and is 5' 4" in height but weight is same.

Other: Knows every 'Punch' move (Thunder, Fire, Ice, Dizzy, and if allowed, Shadow, Mach, and Sucker)

Back
Top Bottom