• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tristania

Furretsu

World of Glass
My current obsession! (As you've probably guessed by now, my obsessions are short-lived.)

This band is magic. They're gothic metal -- real gothic metal, probably the only real gothic metal band I like unless Sirenia counts as well.

Vibeke Stene is a lot like Liv Kristine or Cristina Scabbia - not the most powerful singer in the world, but she sings with so much passion and just radiates beauty it's easy to forgive. The only albums I own are World of Glass (a few amazing tracks, most not so amazing) and Illumination (pretty much a perfect album). I'm going to pick up Ashes, Beyond the Veil, and Widow's Weeds a little later.

Anyone like these guys? If you haven't heard them, they're definitely worth checking out.

I listened to Deadlocked because in some thread or other you made a post where you talked about its composition and stuff, and it sounded rather intriguing. So I looked it up on YouTube, and listened to the song, and I have to say, it is quite awesome. That's my only experience with the band, never heard of them before you started mentioning them everywhere. I guess I like what I've heard, though.

So are their other songs like Deadlocked, or as good as Deadlocked? Because if they are I would probably like to check them out.

As far as ballads go, I'd have to say "Destination Departure" is a lot like "Deadlocked." That's about as far as I've explored the band ballad-wise though.

My other favorite tracks of theirs are The Shining Path and Mercyside. Mercyside is a catchy modern-sounding track from their latest album, and The Shining Path is just awesome. :D Don't listen to The Shining Path if you don't like growling, though... I typically don't but Tristania uses growling very effectively.

*shrug* Is it because I make topics promoting my obsessions nearly daily? =P If so, can't really help it. I love music.

As far as ballads go, I'd have to say "Destination Departure" is a lot like "Deadlocked." That's about as far as I've explored the band ballad-wise though.

My other favorite tracks of theirs are The Shining Path and Mercyside. Mercyside is a catchy modern-sounding track from their latest album, and The Shining Path is just awesome. :D Don't listen to The Shining Path if you don't like growling, though... I typically don't but Tristania uses growling very effectively.
Alright, thanks. I'll listen to those four when I have some time.

Hah, thanks, AK. I enjoyed all those songs. Although, why do they ever let the male(s) sing? The female has an amazing voice, while the guys, frankly, can't really sing at all. :|

xD Yeah, Vibeke really does need more spotlight... she's no longer in the band, though. :( Hopefully the new female vocalist will be just as good as she was.

Listened to these guys, yeah. I've bought their last two records, Ashes and Illumination... favourite song is Libre.

Not as completely in love with them as AK is, though...

yeah you completely overrate like every piece of music you newly find, not like that's a really bad thing at all though

I've just youtubed up Deadlocked, it was ok, nothing too amazing though; I guess gothic metal is not my genre, or just that song wasn't good enough, but I can't be bothered to look up more for the time being

The only song I have heard is Libre. I like it a lot (probably one of the most evil-sounding songs I listen to, heh), which is funny because most of the vocals in it are harsher than I usually like. I think it's the guitar that brings it all together. It gives it a stronger sense of... purpose.

I think I might have given one or two other tracks a listen, but nothing stuck with me like Libre. Since you're into them right now, could you recommend something of theirs that's similar or something? :D

As Altmer said, "Lotus"... or anything on Illumination, really.

"My Lost Lenore" is widely considered Tristania's best song, and I'd probably agree that it's one of their best. If you love Vibeke's voice, that's probably the track you want to start with.

I'd suggest you try out their World of Glass album, though, Cryssie - especially "The Shining Path" and "Wormwood" - as those are the songs (along with "Deadlocked") that basically made me a fan for life.

Last edited:
As Altmer said, "Lotus"... or anything on Illumination, really.

"My Lost Lenore" is widely considered Tristania's best song, and I'd probably agree that it's one of their best. If you love Vibeke's voice, that's probably the track you want to start with.

I'd suggest you try out their World of Glass album, though, Cryssie - especially "The Shining Path" and "Wormwood" - as those are the songs (along with "Deadlocked") that basically made me a fan for life.
Okay, will do. :) Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom