• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fifth gen rain dance?

Chief Zackrai

pingpong wixard
I have been thinking about Rain Dance, and a couple of random pokemon in specific, so I wanted to some help completing this team.

139.png

Timid/Modest 4Hp, 252 Satt, 252Sdef @Choice Scarf/Specs W/Swift Swim
-Toxic Spikes
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power (Rock)

So generic Omastar sweeper is generic, has Toxic Spikes so he can set up for the next one. Doesn't have Rain Dance, and neither do any of the others I have thought about, so I'll need suggestions for those ones.

569.png

Careful, 252Hp, 128Def, 128Sdef @Chesto Berry W/Stench/Aftermath
-Recycle
-Rest
-Payback
-Stockpile

I know we've already discussed this one, but I really would like to see how it performs before I decide if it's something I would like to go through with or not. Hopefully can stall effectively.

596.png

Timid/Modest 4Hp, 252Satt, 252 Spe @Choice Specs W/Compundeyes
-Thunder
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Bug Buzz
-Energy Ball

Galvantula kind of has lame base Special Attack at 97, which is usable but not necessarily impressive. But something Galvantula does have is access to Thunder and Compundeyes, along with STAB which creates a pretty unique 180 power Electric attack with 91 accuracy, which will be reliable enough even without Rain Dance in effect. Energy Ball so I might fight Swamperts and the sort with efficiency while I have Thunder/Hidden Power Ice for actual coverage. Bug Buzz for additional STAB.

437.png

Adamant, 252Hp 252Att 4Spe, @Damp Rock W/ Levitate
-Rain Dance
-Earthquake
-Payback
-Explosion/Stealth Rock

And tank, because Rain Dance essentially also gives him Heatproof for eight turns (thanks to damp rock). I could run the support variant that Smogon gives, but I don't know if I want to do that if I keep Garbodor.

186.png

Calm 252Hp 4Def 252 Spe @Leftovers W/Drizzle
-Surf
-Encore
-Toxic
-Ice Beam/Protect/Refresh

Would it be weird to run a support Politoed as a lead? I think with the lack of poison-type leads out there it could really screw with people. People kind of do similar stuff with Hppowdon, right? Run a stall/support set for him to lead with? I don't know too much about him because I've never used it.

But mostly I need more pokemon. Help please?

Last edited:
Of course it all depends on who/what you're playing for. The Drizzle+Swift Swim banning is only on Smogon's server (and any other communities that explicitly follow Smogon's rulings).

Last edited:
What about in regular tournaments?

Wait. Does Nintendo take into account Smogon's research and rulings? Because I feel like the answer to that question will answer my first question.

What about in regular tournaments?

Wait. Does Nintendo take into account Smogon's research and rulings? Because I feel like the answer to that question will answer my first question.

Nintendo only bans event legendaries and glitched moves like Sky Drop. Everything else is fair game.

Oh well I was kind of half considering putting a Bronzong as the lead.

Something like this:

437.png

Adamant, 252Hp 252Att 4Spe, @Damp Rock W/ Levitate
-Rain Dance
-Earthquake
-Payback
-Explosion/Stealth Rock

And tank, because Rain Dance essentially also gives him Heatproof for eight turns (thanks to damp rock). I could run the support variant that Smogon gives, but I don't know if I want to do that if I keep Garbodor.

And maybe for drizzletoad?

186.png

Calm 252Hp 4Def 252 Spe @Leftovers W/Drizzle
-Surf
-Encore
-Toxic
-Ice Beam/Protect/Refresh

Would it be weird to run a support Politoed as a lead? I think with the lack of poison-type leads out there it could really screw with people. People kind of do similar stuff with Hppowdon, right? Run a stall/support set for him to lead with? I don't know too much about him because I've never used it.

I'd suggest giving the galvantula HP water to benefit from the rain. Also Bug Buzz because double stab and bug is a great type, poison is a sucky offensive type without stab, and you don't need rain dance with drizzletoed.

Gastro acid... isn't offensive? And With HP Ice he get so much better coverage... But wouldn't he benefit from the Rain anyway because of the accuracy Thunder gains (again, because of compundeyes it goes from 30 points to 9 points, but)

But I get what you're saying about Bug Buzz. I love the Bug type personally, and I think Galvantula covers enough bases with what he's got, (Thunder hits most things that aren't the ground type, HP Ice takes care of the rest and Energy Ball hits Swampert, so) but I might consider running Bug Buzz over Disable/Gastro Acid/Rain Dance, just to get psychics and darks. Then I could run him with a choice item, too! Which frees the Life Orb for, oh say Bronzong or Omastar.

you don't need rain dance with drizzletoed.
If it's 6vs6, I would actually suggest having rain dance on at least one other pokémon if you have drizzletoed. Weather changes too much to leave that sort of thing to chance if you need it to definitely be rainy or sunny.

^I agree another rain dancer is good. Just one. Also, Glavantula is pretty bad considering accurate Thunder is its only asset and since you have rain every thunder is accurate. Thundurus is better imo.

Yeah but I would like to keep it for the chance that my Rain bringers are KO'd. With 91 accuracy, I will still be hitting more times than not more often than not.

And as a general rule for myself I don't use legendaries, even minor ones. :P

^ If that's the case, consider using Rotom Water. A BW who gets Thunder and Hydro Pump, as well as an array of crippling moves.

Back
Top Bottom