• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lord of the Flies Mafia [Innocent Win]

bulbasaur

Not quite e^(-(x-μ)²/(2σ²)) / (σ√(2π))
"There was no light left save that of the stars. When they had understood what made this ghostly noise and Percival was quiet again, Ralph and Simon picked him up unhandily and carried him to a shelter. Piggy hung about near for all his brave words, and the three bigger boys went together to the next shelter. They lay restlessly and noisily among the dry leaves, watching the patch of stars that was the opening toward the lagoon. Sometimes a littlun cried out from the other shelters and once a bigun spoke in the dark. Then they too fell asleep."

Welcome to Lord of the Flies Mafia! Here's the rules, reposted:

Rules
  • No out-of-thread communication, except between Hunters, and between Sam and Eric.
  • Don't type in bold unless you are using an action, and if you are using an action, bold it lest it doesn't count.
  • Be somewhat active. Give me some indication that you're alive. That means posting in the thread, using your night actions, or even just PM'ing me saying that you would still like to be in the game (or are on an absence, with the approximate date on which you will be back). Do one of these at least once every week, please.
  • That said, lynching is not required unless there was no lynch the previous day.
  • If there is a tied vote/no vote in lynching (you can vote to abstain), I will randomize the kill between the players tied. In the special case of no votes, a player at random is lynched.

Here's a new rule:
  • If you do not submit your night action, it will not be randomized. It will be ignored.

And here's the start of Night Zero!

You have 48 hours for Night Actions.

Last edited:
Re: Lord of the Flies Mafia [N0]

"They lay there listening, at first with doubt but then with tenor to the description the twins breathed at them between bouts of extreme silence. Soon the darkness was full of daws, full of the awful unknown and menace. An interminable dawn faded the stars out, and at last light, sad and grey, filtered into the shelter. They began to stir though still tile world outside the shelter was impossibly dangerous. The maze of the darkness sorted into near and far, and at the high point of the sky the cloudlets were warmed with color. A single sea bird flapped upwards with a hoarse cry that was echoed presently, and something squawked in the forest Now streaks of cloud near the horizon began to glow rosily, and the feathery tops of the palms were green."

The conch was blown, and everybody assembled on the platform as the sun rose, painting the island a shade of pink and later orange. A count was made, and it was determined that no one was absent.

No one died. You have 48 hours for day actions and discussion.

Re: Lord of the Flies Mafia [D1]

Why is there always inactive mafia >:|

At least, that would make most sense next to really lucky healer save. (is there a healer? I don't know, actually...)

there should be a healer. it's a really common role!

Anyone got any info?

I think there's a healer. If there isn't there should be. o.o

...first days are always so slow

Ok, so it could be that simon got lucky heal, or an inactive mafia.

A lucky healer could be possible or an inactive mafia. Not much to say.

I think it's probably an inactive mafia. This isn't exactly an "EDGE OF YOUR SEAT EXCITEMENT!!!" game of mafia.

Or they could be waiting for someone to claim. :)

"Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning". That phrase had never been so true. The beautiful sunrise soon degraded behind black clouds, and by the end of the day, the winds were howling and the clouds overhead were just bristling with rain. The boys, after an absent day of swimming in the pool, ran back into their shelters upon seeing lightning, but one was too slow. Markku tripped on a coconut - and got struck right there and then by lightning.

Markku is dead. He was a Hunter

48 hours for night actions.

Okay, I knew this was going to happen. No votes, inactive discussion.

I'm going to put this in size 6 text so that everyone understands:

NO VOTES NO KILL

The absence of voting will result in a random player being killed. While in this case you may have gotten lucky (or very unlucky, depending on who you are), don't count on it in the future. In fact, I'll amend the rule right now: The last Hunter will not be modkilled by absence of votes. There may be one or two Hunters left. If there are two and you get lucky, it is possible that a Hunter is killed, but don't push it.

tl;dr: To abstain, vote abstain

Last edited:
Re: Lord of the Flies Mafia [N1]

1. Doc Scratch
2. Glace
3. RK-10
4. DarkAura
5. Karkat Vantas
6. Markku HUNTER
7. Kirby-Chan
8. Legendaryseeker99
9. Ya ok

So, why was the hunter killed?

*face palm*

Bulbasaur just said no votes mean a random player gets killed.

He put it in a size 6 text. HOW COULD YOU MISS IT?

The sea breathed again in a long, slow sigh, the water boiled white and pink over the rock; and when it went, sucking back again, the body of [him] was gone.

This time the silence was complete.

The storm passed soon enough, and they went to sleep - but not everyone. This was evident in the morning, when they couldn't find DarkAura at the assembly. That was odd. He was always the first to be at the assemblies. A quick search turned up nothing, but one more in depth showed that he was at the base of the castle rock, his head having cracked open.

DarkAura is dead. He was innocent.

(Hopefully) 48 hours for daytime discussions and actions

Re: Lord of the Flies Mafia [D2]

Guess we basically inactive lynching. Ya ok. Maybe we got lucky and get another mafia today.

I'm guessing DarkAura might have been Simon or Piggy since she was innocent and no one else died (or Littlun, depending upon whether we started with two or three mafia)? I'm not sure whether the flavor text/book quotes are any indication (Piggy maybe? It's been a while since I've read the book.)

I'm not too upset about being chosen to lynch. I'm only a Littlun (and not a very experienced player anyway), so I'd prefer if I just let myself be lynched over someone who might be important.

...just wanted to say something I guess/let you guys know what I am before I die. I was going to say the first part earlier, it's just really hard to discuss because it feels like whenever I say something it always comes out sounding really stupid/weird.

After a long day of discussion, it is decided that Ya Ok is to be killed. However, no one could think of a humane way of killing her. The group was still in discussion of the method of execution, when one decided to take action. Rocks were thrown by this person, and before long, Ya ok's screams stopped. Everybody stared at the executor in horror.

Ya ok is dead. She was innocent.

48 hours for night actions

Pst, yes, flavourtext is relevant

Re: Lord of the Flies Mafia [N2]

The morning came and along with it the fear of the Hunters making another kill. There was none, however, as was determined during the morning assembly.

All are present. 48 hours for daytime discussion and actions.

Back
Top Bottom