• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

5.9 Earthquake Rocks the North American Eastern Seaboard

I could see things shaking, too! It was weird. And awesome.

I'm having a hard time taking this seriously. AN EARTHQUAKE ... in which no one was injured and nothing major was damaged.

It's more the fact that it happened in god-damned Virginia.

Right now my family's mostly worried about the nuclear power plant getting worse. We really don't want to make an impromptu vacation to visit our
Michigan relatives.

...My science teacher did say there was a fault line under Lake Anna last year.

...It apparently caused a quake in Pennsylvania. Where I live. in my area. And strangely....me and my mom didn't feel a thing. We only found out because people were like "Did you feel the earthquake?" when we got out of the mall.

It's more the fact that it happened in god-damned Virginia.

Right now my family's mostly worried about the nuclear power plant getting worse. We really don't want to make an impromptu vacation to visit our
Michigan relatives.

...My science teacher did say there was a fault line under Lake Anna last year.
Hey, I've lived within 50 miles of DC all my life. I know it's weird that we got an earthquake! Though yeah Virginia has some (fairly stable) fault lines. Probably everything's fine.

I'm in WV and I didn't feel it at my house, but apparently people a few miles away in downtown Charleston did. :I

i thought it was the building shaking because of people on the floor above us or something

then my mom was like "DID YOU FEEL THAT IT WAS AN EARTHQUAKE" and i was like wat

I felt it over here in Ohio! Wasn't much, though, just the clock wiggling a bit and the computer table shaking like it does when I type particularly fast.

I hear that people felt it around town here in London, Ontario, though I didn't myself. My mom even tells me that people who live in her hometown of Noranda a fair distance north of here are claiming to have felt it.

Doesn't really seem like serious business, heh.

I was one of like two people in my class who didn't notice anything when it hit. Ever the most observant.

...It apparently caused a quake in Pennsylvania. Where I live. in my area. And strangely....me and my mom didn't feel a thing. We only found out because people were like "Did you feel the earthquake?" when we got out of the mall.

It hit New Jersey too,my family din't feel anything either,but when my brother came home from work he said"did you feel that quake?".I'm really scared,because what if something goes wrong?...

Back
Top Bottom