• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tacky advertising....

Zeph

from up here the sky is my thoughts
Pronoun
he
I walked into Game today, and what do I hear?

(Imagine this in a small girl's voice.)

"I.... am Charmander. My special ability... is Fire Blast. I.... am a fire Pokermon.

Discover your inner Pokermon in Pokermon mystery dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness.

Grab your copy today and discover your inner Pokermon."

For some reason it embarrassed me.

So, yes, does anyone else know of any incredibly bad adverts?

Last edited:
Argh, what. D: The UK Pokémon adverts are always hilariously terrible, though.

I would've just thrown a huge evil at the guys behind the counter (mind you they're all pretty baffled by me in the first place because despite the fact that I clearly suck at games and make my brother do all the hard bits I continue buying games anyway). Honestly. That's such a silly advert anyway~ why did they bother putting it up~

There's a BK commercial can't stand to watch.

Dad: Teach me how to battle Pokemon!

Kid 1: First you take diffrent Pokemon like Pikachu

Kid 2: Or Chimchar

(Gosh get good Pokemon idiots)

Kid 2: And we send them to battle each other.

(HOW? Could you be more specific?)

Dad: Piplup, today we go into battle!

(WTF?)

Kid 3: Piplup, use Tackle!

Dad: (Cowers)

Whoever made this commercial needs to actually LEARN about Pokemon.

(WTF?)

You forgot to mention the dad was dressed as a gladiator.

(WTF?)

Yes, I saw that one. :P WHY IS HE DRESSED UP AS A GLADIATOR!? WTH.

Bad commercials... Hmm... The kids doing some random bizarre dance to the chicken dance. THAT WAS NOT THE CHICKEN DANCE! I think it was mcdonalds... They always have bad adverts :P

And... Ooh... Lots of them suck...
Like kids snacks/ food adverts are all really horrible.. Bleh

Don't worry, it came out here too. :\

iunno, that SHAMWOW! thing was pretty annoying even if I don't see it daily.

Oh yah, adverts like that and Those flower material things i forget the name of.

HEAD ON! APPLY DIRECTLY TO FOREHEAD! *repeat about 50 times* *end commercial*
That one too.

does anyone else really hate the Mini Wheats commercial things? With the songs?

MiniMiniMiniMiniWheats~

Gets in your head ALL DAY

The head-on thing is hilarious because "head-on" also has a different meaning. It must be a play on that. XD
...but it doesn't really work without saying what the stuff is supposed to do. I thought it was some sort of acne medicine for ages until I saw a display in Zellers advertising it as headache medicine. D:

I never ever watch TV so I never see commercials. 83

EDIT: oh oh oh I've got it
They've put these up all over town, especially on buses and at bus stops. They were supposed to be developing some huge campaign, but all we've seen so far are those creepy "Ride Respectfully" posters for a year and a half. (One of the posters warns people not to partake in "rowdyism". rowdyism I mean wtf that is just such a stupid fucking word D:)

Seriously though some adverts can be awesome.
Observe.

A commercial I hate is the 'You too can live the American dream! Get your green card blablabla pictures of attractive young people with foreign names' not only because it's horribly made but also because they show it at every commercial break and it drives me insane.

Ahaha, I hear that "I am a Charmander. My special ability is Fire Blast" ad every time I go into GAME and it never fails to make my ears metaphorically bleed. It'd be better if the kid could actually pronounce "Pokémon" correctly.

877-393-4..4..4...8!!!!

That's the Optimum Triple Play commercial. I hear it on Fox on Noon on Saturdays, at the exact same time every half hour. They recycle commercials for that hour. Every first commercial is the FULL Proactiv Ad.

I AM TURTWIG
I AM TORCHIC
I AM MUDKIP

Sounds like it should end with, "I am under intensive care at the mental ward"

does anyone else really hate the Mini Wheats commercial things? With the songs?

MiniMiniMiniMiniWheats~

Gets in your head ALL DAY

MIIIIIIINIIIIII Wheats wheats wheats, taste so good, what a treat! :D

Have you seen the strawberry one?

Seriously though some adverts can be awesome.
Observe.

Awesome :3

Hmm... Stupid commercials...

One had a guy with one of those double bikes. He was with his girlfriend. He goes through a tunnel, and she is replaced with the Burger King. He is ecstatic. Just wondering though...

What did the king DO with the girl!? O.o

Back
Top Bottom