• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Game Freak director acknowledges possibility of RSE remakes!

ultraviolet

sorry, i'm never going to stop being mad about it.
Staff member
Pronoun
she/her
from Bulbapedia:
Recently, Junichi Masuda replied to one of many fans wanting remakes of the Generation III games Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire via Twitter.
Thanks! I've received your sentiments. Ruby and Sapphire are very important games to me. I want to make something good. Thanks!!
The original tweet is here (japanese).

okay so this is kind of old (the 12th, actually) but I only just noticed and oh my god! This is hardly concrete news but hey it's pretty cool for those of us who want (or desperately want, if you're me) hoenn remakes!

Aww. Must admit I'm sceptical about RSE remakes, but if they're possibly a-go then I have no right to not be excited. ;3

Aw man, i was about to make this thread!

Anyway, what i'm wondering is,
What are they going to call them?

Magma Ruby
Aqua Sapphire
^
Most obvious guesses...

I didn't play the originals, so i probably will this time. Hoenn was a game changer, and i must pay my respects by buying/playing no matter what it's called. But if there's a glitch in it, i'm shoving the game up nintendo's collective butt.

Noting that there are glitches every generation, invalidating your arguement...
I just think it's been long enough for them to do it right, without glitches or at least, one glitch that doesn't hurt much.
I mean come on, how many years have they been programming these games? Seriously. They have got to get it right soon.

I just think it's been long enough for them to do it right, without glitches or at least, one glitch that doesn't hurt much.
I mean come on, how many years have they been programming these games? Seriously. They have got to get it right soon.

Accidents and oversights.

Plus it's not as though they can patch the games due to the minority of people who even use wi-fi with the game...

I didn't play the originals, so i probably will this time. Hoenn was a game changer, and i must pay my respects by buying/playing no matter what it's called. But if there's a glitch in it, i'm shoving the game up nintendo's collective butt.
so uh yeah most videogames have glitches in them, in fact. o.o good luck trying to get a game without them! it's very likely you just haven't come across them in other games (whereas the pokemon fandom gets really excited and lists them in bulbapedia).

Not too happy with this since Hoenn was my least favourite region in the least favourite generation, but I'll give it a go nonetheless.

The funny thing is that you can still transfer a Pokémon from 3rd gen to 5th gen, via Pal Park (to 4th gen) and whatever the 5th gen transfer thingy is called.

I can't wait for these if they do come out. Gamefreak does have good incetive to make them though. Imagine, a R/S/E game with the physical/special split. Moves would actually make sense!

Wow, next think you know, they'll be making a DPPt remake with holograms. =)

But they better bring the secret bases back, or else!

I won't start ranting about how much I really don't want these remakes, but I do have to comment on some good things. Like RtB said, the games would get a lot from being infused with the new battling tweaks. The one thing I'll need (well, not actually) in them is 3rd Gen contests. I thought they were easily the best and most enjoyable of all those side game activities, like dreaded musicals.

Personally, what I need is the good secret bases back. That and more diving; I haven't been able to get there in B/W yet so I don't know how it was handled.

Yeah, the only place you can dive is in Undella Bay, and you dont get that until the post story. Plus, you get the HM dive from a girl in Undella town.

We need more diving spots!

So much YES.

I wonder what the Battle Frontier will be like in these remakes? The Battle Dome was easily the most immersive and exciting experience in the entire series for me.

Also, another thing to ponder: we're likely to see contests return, but will they be spread along the region, like in R/S, or all in Lilycove, like in Emerald? I'd sure rather have the latter, specially now that the two new generations have provided a fair share of better ideas for the spots Battle Tents occupy (Pokéathlon comeback, anyone?).

YESYESYES.

Things I want to see:

- Revamped Trick House. That place was so amazing and fun.
- Secret Bases. With WiFi. And more items.
- Pokemon following me. If they did for HGSS...
- Steven as the Champion. Not Wallace.
- 3D Fortree City. I don't care if they mess everything else up, 3D FORTREE CITY.
- Water routes made more interesting.
- Contests. Beauty Contests + Milotic + combo = broken but fun.
- PokeBlocks, which were way more fun to make then Poffins.
- 3D awakening scenes for Groudon and Kyogre (like Reshiram and Zekrom).
- Epic remixed music.
- Cutting the megagrass.

Either way, if they do end up actually doing it, I'm buying it. Sapphire was my absolute favourite of all the games. Why? Well, the locations were generally pretty (except the water routes), Dive was tons of fun, Team Aqua's outfits ruled, I caught Rayquaza with a POKE BALL, and I got my first ever level 100 there (a Swampert called Killer). I logged like 200 hours into that thing before I lost it.

I gotta say, I'd be excited if this happens! I just hope Teams Aqua and Magma use a better range of Pokémon. I got bored fighting teams of Zubat and Poochyena and Numel/Carvanha evolutionary lines all the time.

Back
Top Bottom