• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Have you ever had a Pokémon that saved your E4 run?

I liek Squirtles

sobble squad
Pronoun
he
Have you ever had a Pokémon that saved your E4 run?

In my case, it's Von Count the Gengar. Hypnosis-Shadow Ball-Shadow Ball-repeat saves lives.

Re: Have you ever had a Pokémon that saved your E4 run?

Souleye, my Venasaur through Leafgreen:

Leech Seed, revive team as necessary, allow Leech Seed to kill enemy team. BEAT THE ENTIRE LEAGUE WITH LV 52 VENUSAUR!

My over-leveled brain-dead Serperior was the only reason I completed Black.

My Gastrodon helped me defeat Cynthia back in pearl. I was quite lucky that day...ice beam was a critical hit...

Gishki (My Samurott) getting a criticle hit on Hydreigon with Megahorn.
Hehehe.

When I got my first Pokemon game (Diamond), I chose Piplup (I like penguins a lot). I only used him and only him. When I got to the E4, he was the only one capable of fighting. Other than Empoleon, the strongest was a level forty-something Golduck. And I won on my first run.

A variety of sturdy Pokémon that let me spam recovery items.

But most notably, the Feraligatr and Magneton that fought back against Lance's Dragonites and their horrid hax. And failed twice. But succeeded eventually.

I think I defeated Lance in Gold because of Lapras and some Revives.

I got through the 2nd (high level) elite four with just a lv 100 articuno in firered.

Man, between all my restarts, I had over 500 hours clocked on firered, which I'll admit was my first pokemon game. Those good old days.

This one time i had nothing but a Blastoise left, and all my other pokemon (the three birds, and I forget what else) were fainted. I fought Gary at least twenty times beofre I relized I had a revive and a moltres.

Needless to say Gary's venusaur got what it deserved.

Mine was alot like ILS'. Only my Diamond run depended on two pokemon. A level 100 Empoleon and a level 70 Roserade. They were the only pokemon I used, and Empoleon was level 50 by the fourth gym, and Roserade was level 35 by then.

I killed everything in Black version with Scrafty and Excadrill.

Like, everything. Not just the E4.

Lv. 59 Gyarados vs. Lance (HG 2nd time). Managed to save within the Elite Four by mistake. I managed to somehow beat the Elite 4 (Gyarados helped alot, and HM-Slave-Lv35-Latias survived Houndoom's +2 Flamethrower when I was Reviving+Healing Gyarados, althrough I had a HM-Slave Mankey & Houndoom killed Latias next turn with Dark Pulse so it didn't really matter).

I actually had a Lv. 54 Togetic save my run in SoulSilver by using Metronome and earning Draco Metoer.

In my SoulSilver version, my Octillery allowed me to plow through Lance's team with ease. Just slapped a Choice Scarf on it and tapped Ice Beam repeatedly.

My Emboar, lvl 51, Ghetsis fight, second try. I had one Pokemon left after it, but that one wouldn't have had a chance if I hadn't gotten lucky first hits with Brick Break two-shot Hydreigon. Guuuuuh.

In White, I used my event Celebi to help beat Ghetsis. Either my Pokemon were under-leveled, or Ghetsis is just difficult. I barely struggled through the E4 with my team. I was so relieved that I didn't have to fight the champion haha.
In most other Pokemon games I just plowed through the E4 with my way-powerful Charizard. IIRC, i'm pretty sure it turned level 100 during an E4 fight :)

I owned Hydreigon with my Reuniclus' Dragon-typed Hidden Power

And maybe my Serperior's Dragon Tail? Dunno, don't really remember.

Staraptor killed that bastard Garchomp from Cynthia with Brave Bird. It was smooth sailing from there.

I was aware Lance was harder in HGSS so I came prepared. Kingdra killed one Dragonite with Blizzard and the second with Draco Meteor. Mamoswine took care of the last one with Ice Fang.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom