• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

No Turning Back [Humans in Equestria] (Humans, Ponies OPEN)

Yep, it's My Little Pony...with SOME HUMANS!

-----

THE STORY

The massive, hulking metal object had suddenly appeared in Equestria's upper atmosphere, seemingly out of nowhere. First there was nothing, then a bright flash followed by a streak like a shooting star as it hurtled across the night sky with seemingly impossible speed. From there it orbited the planet, circling it once every hour.

For weeks, it only soared untouched across the sky. None of the ponies knew what to make of it or what to do about it. They debated crashing it into the planet, but ultimately rejected it because doing so would likely kill anybody aboard.

Meanwhile, the human astronauts aboard the object, known as the International Habitation and Research Station (IHRS), faced a troubling dilemma. Their food and oxygen supplies were thin, and they had nearly depleted the space station's fusion battery running various experiments, trying to figure out how the last one they did in orbit around Earth had warped them here, and how to get back.

Exactly one month after arriving at Equestria, the astronauts made a fateful decision. They knew there was intelligent life on the planet below, but they ultimately decided that facing whatever risks they faced in confronting the planet's natives, along with knowing that they would be unable to return to the IHRS, was preferable to sitting in orbit and waiting to die. Fear, anticipation, and uncertainty running high, all 50 or so of them boarded the station's escape pods, and ejected at roughly the same time.

And then, on the surface of the planet below, a month of tension finally comes to head when pony astronomers see a dozen objects falling from the orbiting hulk.

-----

THE RULES

1) For ponies:

a.Your character can't be a canon character, although canon characters can be used as NPCs.

b. Allowed races are earth pony, pegasus, unicorn, gryphon, and baby dragon.

2) For humans:

a. Your character doesn't necessarily need to have the absurdly rigorous training astronauts nowadays need, unless they are on a maintenance crew or similarly demanding job. After all, the station was part of an experiment to see if relatively unprepared civilians could survive in space

b. Following from a, your character doesn't necessarily have to be a scientist, engineer, etc.

c. The escape pods are well-stocked, with equipment to help the astronauts survive in a wide variety of environments until rescue. Because of this, you can give your character whatever equipment you wish within reason. A lighter is a reasonable thing for your character to have among their possessions. A helicopter gunship is not.

d. In this setting, MLP:FiM was never created, produced, or conceived of in anyway. Your character knows nothing about Equestria or the ponies.

3) For everyone:

a. Limit one character per person.

b. Standard rules apply. Have decent grammar, no controlling other people's characters, no god mode, etc.

c. Try to post in the actual RP no more than twice a day, so others who can't be around as often have time to catch up.

-----

HUMAN CHARACTER SHEET:

Name:

Sex:

Appearance
(text or image):

Biography (Including why they joined the IHRS):

Station Role (Ex. physicist, electrician, entertainer):

Personal Quote (Something for your character to say that gives their personality/attitude in a nutshell):

PONY CHARACTER SHEET:

Name:

Race:

Age (Human equivalent):

Sex:

Appearance (text or image):

Biography (Including what motivated them to investigate the IHRS pod landings):

Cutie Mark and meaning (Ignore for gryphons or baby dragons):

Personal Quote (Something for your character to say that gives their personality/attitude in a nutshell):

-----

Here's the current participant list

Registered ponies:
Methodia Astorum - Pegasus (Mewtini)
Black Velvet - Unicorn (ColoursFall)
Diamond Sky - Pegasus (Sunflower)
Rainchaser - Pegasus (DarkAura)

Registered humans:
William Petrov (Starship Trooper)
Momo Takekuro (Ulqi-Chan)
Alyson Westing (Flareth)

Users reserving ponies:
Windyragon
LegendarySeeker99

Users reserving humans:
Littlestream

Last edited:
Re: No Turning Back [Humans in Equestria] (Ponies, humans OPEN)

Am I the person who had interest?

I'd like to reserve a Pegasus pony, if you will. Should get a form up and edited into this by midnight.

EDIT: Here we are.

-------

Name: Methodia Astorum

Race: Pegasus

Sex: Female, girl, whatever you'd like.

Appearance: Her body is sea green (um, view the user Effercon's avatar), and has a mainly straight mane similar to Fluttershy's; however, it is instead a cream striped with chartreuse. Her eyes are similar to Pinkie Pie's, down to the blue irises.

Biography: A natural Ponyvilleian (I don't know ?_?), she was born in the little straw roofed cottage that she still lives in. Her biological parents abandoned her when she was five, and she lived alone for a long time (approximately two years). She has always had an interest in biology and chemistry and astronomy, and upon seeing a huge pod land in Equestria from her semi distant window, she ran out of her house, breaking the door.

Cutie mark and meaning (Ignore for gryphons and baby dragons): Her mark is a test beaker filled with light blue liquid, alluding to her interest in chemistry.

Personal Quote (Something for your character to say that gives their personality/attitude in a nutshell): "Hello, Rainbow Da--oh! A foreign pod!"

-------

Hope the quote works for you. :/

Last edited:

Sure thing, Mewtini. Welcome aboard.

And yes, you were the one I was referring to. At least, I assume that's what you meant when you responded to me in the Idea Center =P

I'll put in a request, if that's fine. I want to wait before I commit to this...

Not a problem, Ever. I'll just need your character's race so I can keep track.

Pony, definitely.

EDIt: A unicorn!

Last edited:

Can I reserve a Pegasus, please?
I'm not as familiar with MLP stuff, but this seems easy enough.
I just need to collect my thoughts on the character itself.
I'll fill in the form tomorrow, I'm guessing.

Name: Diamond Sky

Race: Pegasus

Age (Human equivalent):

Sex: Male

Appearance: A rather tall and slender young pony. His fur is a sleek white, with flecks of silver at the tips of his wings and on the edges of his hooves. His mane is a dark slate blue, framing around his face, straight but becoming shaggy near the edges and as it goes down his neck. His tail is much the same, but curls up a bit at the end. His eyes, yellow-orange in color, stand out.

Biography: A bright young musician from Trottingham and well-known for his willingness to dabble in many genres of music, he eventually gained a modest degree of fame, enough to land a gig in Ponyville. However, while he was there he met a lovely young filly named Black Velvet. Entranced by her beauty and incredible voice, he fell for her hard, and abandoned his solo career to become her partner in crime, joining her in duets and playing backup instruments for her.

He, like her, is curious about the odd objects that crashed in their home, so he followed her to investigate. However, he also wants to be sure to keep her, and their little foal, safe.

Cutie Mark and meaning: A dark blue guitar resting on a bed of clouds. The guitar, naturally, represents his musical talent, but the clouds represent his wide-eyed idealism, and his tendency to get his head stuck in the clouds, so to speak.

Personal Quote: "It's alright that this didn't go over so well, luv. We've still got each other. That's all we need."

Last edited:

...eh what the hell why not.

Name: Black Velvet
Race: Unicorn
Sex: Female

Appearance: [link] Black Velvet's main body is a dark black-grey, and her mane is long and wavy, and silvery in colour. She also has silver 'eyeshadow', and wears two golden bangles on her tail. Her eyes and a dark blue, almost black. Her body is ample, being an adult pony, and due to the fact she's currently carrying a foal.

Biography: Born in the city of Dashville, Tenneighsee, Black Velvet lived with her large family for a number of years, the oldest of three girls and three boys. She loved to sing from a very young age, idolizing a singer named Blue Suede. She took up the microphone, and found she had a knack for singing.

A few years later, Black Velvet moved away from her home to find a place to start her own career, ending up in Ponyville. It was there she met a young stallion named Diamond Sky, and the two fell in love.

She is curious to the strange objects that appeared one day, and wants to learn more about them so she may protect the other ponies from whatever it is, seeing it as a duty of hers, as an adult pony.

Cutie Mark and meaning: A black-and-silver microphone on a dark blue sheet of sparkling velvet. It represents her skill and profession - lounge singing.

Personal Quote: See: her namesake.

Last edited:

Ulqi and Sunflower, you're reserved!

Coloursfall and Mewtini, character profiles accepted.

Closing the RP to new pony characters for now, although those who've reserved are still good. I'll be playing a human myself, but the pony:human ratio is still seriously lopsided.

Once those who've reserved post their character profiles, I'll go ahead and make the main forum topic. In the meantime, here's my character's profile:

Name: William Petrov

Sex: Male

Appearance (text or image): A slender Caucasian man of average height. He's clean shaven with short, straight, black hair. His lean build, combined with his narrow face, makes him appear somewhat frail.

Biography (Including why they joined the IHRS): Petrov's early life was mundane: he was an only child in a stable two-parent middle-class family living in the United States. He had wanted to be an astronaut ever since he was a young boy, an ambition that was only further fueled by his fascinations with science fiction and machinery. After getting his PhD in electrical engineering with unusual speed, he applied for a position on the International Space Station, but failed to pass the rigorous physical tests required for astronauts at the time. Shortly afterward, though, the IHRS project was announced, and upon hearing about the relaxed physical standards for the crew of this station, he applied and made the cut. While leaving Earth was difficult for him at first, he enjoyed the work and soon felt at home in the tight-knit community of the IHRS.

Station Role: Engine and power maintenance. He's mainly responsible for keeping the fusion reactor and solar panels delivering electricity where it's needed.

Personal Quote: "So our only hope of survival is to throw ourselves at the mercy of aliens we know literally nothing about? Puts that busted solar panel I was complaining about awhile back into perspective."

Last edited:
Re: No Turning Back [Humans in Equestria] (Humans OPEN)

Well, since it's lopsided, screw my reserve for ponies. I'll be a person instead. :3
Reserve me that, my good sir.

Can your (human) character have watched MLP: FiM?

Got it, Ulqi! Welcome aboard the IHRS!

Good question, LS99, I'll add a rule for that. In this setting, MLP:FiM was never created and aired, so nobody has any knowledge of Equestria.

Alrighty, here we go.

Name: Momo Takekuro

Sex: Female

Appearance: She stands at about 5'8 and has long, violet colored pigtails that reach her knees. Two navy blue laced bands hold them in place.
Has matching blue eyes and relatively tan skin.
Wears a ling white lab coat with her last name stitched near her left collar bone in elegant text. Under that, she wears a plain green polo, bleached jeans and blue Converse hightops.
On her right hand is a silver ring with a bright red jewel.
On her left wrist is a black watch with red hands.

Biography: Momo was at college for creative writing when her father whisked her away to write about the (mis)adventures of the people being tested in IHRS.
Momo's father is a very wealthy scientist that helped get IHRS off the ground.
Upon getting numerous space lessons and what not a mere month before they were leaving, Momo was abolutely up for the job. She promised her father a good story when she returned.

Station Role: Mainly to observe.

Personal Quote: "In all truth, Dad, this experiment makes my heart beat faster and faster. I promise you, I won't make you disappointed with the information I come back with!"

Last edited:

Hey, since Ulqi dropped her pony reserve, can i have a pony reserve?

I'm dropping my reserve, sorry. I'd love to do this, I just think I'll be too busy. I'm sorry to be missing out :/

Ulqi-chan: Looks good! You're in.

Flareth - Sure, what race?

DarkAura - Alright, you're reserved.

FyreSkai - I'm sorry to hear that, but I understand.

Once a few more people who've reserved characters fill in their sheets, I'll go ahead and make the main thread.

Back
Top Bottom