• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

MAFIALAND

Eifie

oh man, good times.
Pronoun
she/her
In the land of MafiaLand resides a traveling carnival called Mafialand. Not many people know that they've been to Mafialand. For some reason, the people of MafiaLand have never bothered to question the sudden presence of colourful signs proudly proclaiming MAFIALAND that greet them as they enter Mafialand on their journeys far within MafiaLand's borders. The name was originally intended as an advertising gambit. You can't google MafiaLand without also stumbling upon Mafialand! The staff of Mafialand, though not sure how many people of MafiaLand would be googling MafiaLand, decided that this was the most ingenious idea they had ever heard. It's also served as a useful cover for some of Mafialand's... shadier practices. After all, nobody has any clue who to report. And nobody ever kills anybody in MafiaLand...

I, uh, actually meant to make this game back in March or April, but I wanted to think of a name that wasn't something like "Totally Generic Mafia" and... that took ages, apparently. Another carnival-themed game happened in the meantime, but oh well, I guess!

Secret roles (which are not actually carnival-themed), but all roles will be taken from this edited version of Alvyren's mafia roles list (thanks, Alvyren!). I don't have a particular number of players in mind, so I guess I'll just close sign-ups when I feel like it or when it looks like no one else is going to join! I'll add vanilla townies to the role list if I end up with too many people to give everyone a role.

SOME RULES.
  • Out-of-thread communication is not permitted unless your role specifies otherwise.
  • There will be an inactivity clause in effect: if I see no activity from you for two consecutive game phases or four phases total, you will be modkilled. If your night action is not mandatory, you will be required to send me a PM each night stating whether or not you wish to use it. If you have no night action, the inactivity clause applies for day phases only. If you enjoy sending in night actions but don't enjoy discussion (or if you don't enjoy either of those things! But then I sort of wonder why you're here.) I suggest that you join some other game instead, because there is a chance that you won't have a night action and inactivity makes me very, very sad. :c Modkilled players will be considered to have lost the game even if their faction goes on to win. If a modkilled player has a lover, eir lover will commit suicide at the end of the soonest night phase.
  • There is to be no quoting of any private communication between you and the GM concerning the game. (Quoting role PMs won't be very helpful anyway; since you do have a public role list, most PMs will consist solely of a role name.)
  • Night phases will last for a maximum of fourty-eight hours. Day phases will last for fourty-eight hours (unless discussion is still going on; I would be happy to extend the day phase in that case) or until a majority is reached and nobody seems about to change their minds. In the case of a tie vote, the last non-modkilled player will be resurrected to post eir vote (and only eir vote) in the thread. If there is no one to tiebreak or if there are no votes at all, the decision will be randomised.
  • I don't know how to flavour text, so flavour text (if present) will be completely irrelevant and you may skip over it entirely if you wish. I don't want to make coroners and morticians pointless, after all.

I'd love it if people joined I'll try my best to make this fun! \o/!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom