• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nightmare Mafia

Coloursfall

THIS IS HOW WE BLEED
The shades of night are hard to distinguish from the dark days in the Nightmare, but the shadows thicken fast, covering the entire world with a choking darkness. The Nightmares all retreat to their own realms to wait, but all is not still in the Nightmare's Night - shapes twist through the undergrowth, flitter through the air... Even now, the Nightmares plot, and teh Dreamers do their best to not be caught...

All Roles are out - you have 36 hours from when this was posted to send in your night actions.​

For reference:

Rules:

-You may talk out of thread, though I wish to see a record of this if you do.
-The First Night will last 36 hours, and all days and nights after 24, though extensions may be award. Modkills may be handed out for inactivity.
-You have two Abstains.
-In normal mafia terms, the Dreamers are 'mafia' while the Nightmares are 'town' factions.

Who's Who:

Oedipus Felix - Chief Zackrai
Wild Spark - LS99
Cry Havoc – MysticMoon
Clockwork Conscience - Mai
Bound Son - Coroxn
Shattered Dreams - エル.
The Smile - DarkAura
Primal Fury - Wargle
Barbed Wire Seraph - RK-9
Gehangte - Mawile
Twofold Malice - ole_schooler
Battered Angel - Phantom
Pinned Radiance - Newton
Blood Ties - Metallica Fanboy

Last edited:
Re: Nightmare Mafia [NIGHT 0]

DAY ONE

The thin, pale light of morning in the nightmare comes after what seems like a long time, casting eerie shadows over the twisted landscapes, and sending the lesser monsters into hiding. but the Nightmares themselves all emerge after a little while, blinking in the bright sunlight, which they know does not last long, soon giving way to the Dark Day, and then Night again.

One of their number is missing. The Nightmares split up to search for her, heads lowered as they scan the dark grass, twisted trees, and rubble-strewn streets. The Nightmares know this place better than anyone else could, but finding their missing one could prove difficult.

The Barbed-Wire Seraph finds her first, and rounds the call to return to the Crux of the nightmare. The others gather quickly, and lower their gazes with an odd amount of respect as the Roma man carries the still body of the Smile into the square, and places her on the cobble ground. Her eyes are shut and her face is calm - the only thing proving that she is gone is a ring of bruises around her neck.

A chill wind picks up, making the Nightmares shiver. A dark presence is lurking somewhere...

The Smile (DarkAura) is dead. She was Innocent. You have 24 Hours.

Abstains: 2/2

(feel free to try and RP if you like!)

Last edited:
Re: Nightmare Mafia [DAY 1]

Aw, that's sad! She was always so happy, so kind, so much fun to play with, and now she's gone. I guess I can't be too mad at the Seraph; he may have found her, but she lacks the...distinctive marks he usually gives. But who would do such a thing? Such an act of violence...seems almost primal...

(My RP persona will be a true primal form of a human, all formality gone and replaced with wild instinct, obsessed with killing.)

A lone nightmare sat in the corner, away from the others. One of the tribe members was dead, were they gonna eat him? Were they? She hoped they did! That was how life worked. One creature dies to feed another. In turn they would all die and feed one more organism. "Kill?" she asked, "We kill?"

The scarred girl walks up to the area of the meeting.

"0h n0, I hadn't expected that any0ne w0uld die! It seems like such a shame, she appeared t0 be a kind-hearted s0ul... I had been l00king t0 befriend s0me0ne wh0 wasn't 0ne 0f my gh0sts, but it seems that I have a new gh0stly friend instead........"

"Since when have we been allowed to kill?" the Gehangte whispers, rubbing his neck subconsciously. After all, he'd seen it before when he was studying at his university. He had, under the influence of the Third Reich, inflicted bruises much like those.

He shuddered and lowered his hand to his side.

Silly doctor, you've always been able to kill; where do you think the ghosts come from? The half-blind knows the truth of that.

D-dead? But who...who could do such a thing?

Has...

Has anyone seen anything suspicious? Detected one among us who would strike their own kind down? Someone who seems like us, but upon closer inspection...

A small grimace formed on Tyri's face as she looked on from the edge of the crowd.

Perhaps... perhaps she's free now... But... why her? Why now?

"Does - does anyone know who could have done this?" she whispered softly.

((Agghhh RPing this stuff is hard.))

"Does anyone else think it's weird Metallica Fanboy hasn't said anything yet?" I said, finally speaking up. "Usually he would have at least /said/ something by now. Doesn't anyone else think it's a little out of character?"

"...one would think so. It's terribly unusual for him to not speak up by now."

The Nightmare blinked. Silence of this sort is uncharacteristic. Possibly this means that the woman is mafia.

Perhaps this means the woman is simply uninterested, or has nothing to say. However, the woman, if not one of us, is a virus and must be eliminated... before the woman infects us any more.

The Smile was an odd sort of target,
it concluded. It is likely that the girl was chosen for her role--however, that seems likely to be alien and therefore would be avoided for killing or lynching. She could also have mastered a cult, however.

The woman needs to speak up. Yet it is just as probable we have nothing to fear...

Abstain.

I mean, I don't want to call anyone a murderer, but we should do something. Newton has been awfully quiet. And I don't like playing with them.

The girl in tatters sat in the corner. She didn't know these names they were throwing out, but agreed with one.

MF

I mean, I don't want to call anyone a murderer, but we should do something. Newton has been awfully quiet. And I don't like playing with them.

The creepy girl helpfully pointed out the Nightmare who called itself Newton.

A small grimace formed on Tyri's face as she looked on from the edge of the crowd.

Perhaps... perhaps she's free now... But... why her? Why now?

"Does - does anyone know who could have done this?" she whispered softly.

((Agghhh RPing this stuff is hard.))

"0bvi0usly, this 'Newt0n' pers0n is standing right here. She has, th0ugh quietly, sp0ken recently. And just plain n0t liking s0me0ne is n0 gr0unds f0r a lynch," she argued.

When she was little, the girl had always wanted to be a defence attorney. She had spent countless hours enacting various cases helpfully provided by the spirits. Some of them were actual cases, usually ones which had led to the death or great unhappines of the prosecuted, and, when re-enacted in a Not Guilty resolution, often resulted in the affected spirit coming to terms with death and moving on to the afterlife.

Suddenly aware that she had drawn attention to herself, she shrank back to the rear of the group of Nightmares, hiding herself behind a disfigured tree.

"I'm sorry... I'll try not to be so quiet..." Tyri replied, afraid that the boy would turn against her.

"Many others... haven't spoken yet. I don't think we can know yet."

abstain

Oh, I am sorry. I overlooked you. I have trouble listening but not as much as a little bird full of pins. I do think we should do something, though. Perhaps MF could tell us what happened.

The discussion is rather slow on the first day, which quickly lapses by, despite seeming to be longer than normal. The Nightmares hiss and argue and talk about who is suspiciously absent, but all in all they cannot come to a conclusion, for now.

The Vote is a Tie - you do not use up an Abstain for this, but no-one has died.

You have 24 Hours for night actions.

The night is a tense one, the Nightmares lurking in their hidden places, wary and wondering who or what is wandering in the pitch darkness. There are sounds in the night, voices too faint to be made out, the sounds of movement, mechanical sounds, and then, finally just before dawn, a scream.

When the light breaks, the Nightmares emerge, a few gazing forlornly at the body of The Smile from the night before, laying next to the shattered fountain in the square. The search for the one who screamed begins.

After no longer than a few minutes, a feline yowl rings out at ear-splitting volume, and the Nightmares rush to the source. Oedipus Felix is perched on a roof of one of the run-down buildings, just above the body of Pinned Radiance.

She is propped gently against a wall, her wings spread out against the bricks, legs straight and arms at her sides. her eyes are shut and she looks fairly peaceful. All of the pins in her body have been yanked out and lay in a bloody pile a few feet from the body, and she seems to have bled out from the holes they left.

Whoever did it left a word written on her bare chest in the blood from the wound there.

'Sorry.'

Pinned Radiance (Newton) is dead. She was Nightmare (Innocent)-Aligned. You have 24 Hours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom