• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Mafia

Ivy Newton

kg*m/s^2
Pronoun
she
Let's give this a shot...

There will be four factions, some with similar and some with opposing goals.

Killers & Prosecution

The prosecution wins if all the accused are dead at endgame. For the killers to win, both the accused and the defense must be dead at endgame. Although they are working towards similar goals, the two factions are not allied and will not be made aware of each other's identities.
Each member of the prosecution may, once in the game during a day phase, PM the GM to have their lynch vote count for double. This will not be announced, and is in addition to any other abilities.
Each night, the killers will choose one player to kill.

Accused & Defense

The defense wins if at least one accused is still alive at endgame. For the accused to win, both the killers and the prosecution must be dead at endgame. The defense will be made aware of the identities of the accused, but the accused will not know the identities of the defense.
Each member of the defense may, once in the game during a day phase, PM the GM with the name of a person whose vote should not count in the day's lynching. This will not be announced, and is in addition to any other abilities.
Each night, the accused will choose one player to kill.

Witnesses

At the beginning of the game (prior to the end of night zero), all witnesses must choose whether they will be aligned with the prosecution or the defense. If a witness does not choose, their alignment will be randomized and they will be notified during the first day phase.

Other

Endgame occurs when no remaining team has reason to want another remaining team dead based on win conditions, at which point remaining teams can be declared winners based off their win conditions. There can be multiple winning teams, or no winning teams.

If the defense devotes a member of the prosecution who has used their doublevote that day, the effects will cancel and result in a normal single vote. Both abilities will still be used up.

Communication can occur as detailed in role PMs between members of each of the four factions, but not cross-faction unless otherwise noted in the role PM. Assume that, even if you receive communication from someone outside your faction, you may not respond unless otherwise noted in your role PM or by official word from the GM.

I'm hoping for four per faction, so sixteen total. If I only get twelve (three per faction) and no one else is joining then that's fine too. Any additional players past the three per faction or four per faction will be witnesses.

Specific roles will generally be slight adaptations of vanilla mafia roles based on characters from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (only the first one, I haven't played any of the others). Some roles may be designed specifically for the character.

And that's it! First game, I'll try my best but do cut me some slack. If anyone notices something about this that won't work or has an idea how to make communication threads that won't be accessible by members of the other factions (I was thinking Google docs, but then everyone would have to be willing to give me an email address) then please speak up! And also, if you're going to join, do try to be active. I'm going to be randomizing unreceived night actions, so the game will go on, but nonetheless.

Yeah, no Apollo Justice. I might end up pulling some characters from Justice For All, but for the most part it'll just be the original.

Okay! Only need one more person. If I don't get one in the next few days I'll try to make it work, but it would be much better with one more. Tell your friends!

...and sorry 'bout the double post...

Based on the current amount of players (Assuming that each faction will start with an equal amount of players, before witnesses), you can have 4 teams of 2 with 4 witnesses, or 4 teams of 3 with no witnesses.

If you were to start the game now, would you choose one of those two, or something else?

Yay 12 people

4 teams of 2 with 4 witnesses would be horribly unbalanced, since witnesses can only choose to side with the defense or prosecution. It'll be 4 teams of 3, though I probably won't be able to start it until tomorrow at the earliest so there may yet end up being some witnesses if more people join.

EDIT: Okay, I'll be sending out role PMs and the game will begin soon!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom