• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

It vs. The Boss Lady (Kusari vs. Negrek) [resumed]

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
Okay, so I don't recall the exact conditions of the battle (I really ought to keep track of those in the reffing docs somewhere >.<), but if memory serves it was 2 on 2 single, 7-day DQ, 30% damage cap. I don't remember if there were banned moves, but if there were they were pretty standard fare; weather effects are banned. If either of you remembers better than I do then please speak up.

---

Kusarigamaitachi vs. Negrek, Round Ten

Pre-Round Stats:

Team Kusari (1/2 Pokémon Remaining)

Gallade
Earl (M) [Steadfast]
PASBU: Gravity
Health: 100%
Energy: 97%
Status: You must join me for a spot of tea some time, old boy! Ta-ta for now, then!
Earl’s Commands:
Substitute 10%/Thunderbolt/chill ~ Thunderbolt/Shock Wave/chill ~ Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Shock Wave/chill

Team Negrek (1/2 Pokémon Remaining)

Sableye
Acheron (M) [Stall]
Defense Move: Magic Coat
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Acheron’s Commands:
Snatch/Shadow Ball ~ Seismic Toss/Toxic/Snatch/Shadow Ball ~ Seismic Toss/Snatch/Shadow Ball

Arena: Ancient Relic

A large, ancient stone chamber with an unknown purpose. There are runes on the walls and floor, ancient characters resembling the Unown. The floor is made of stone, and is a large square area. The walls surrounding it are thick and the top of the wall can be accessed by a ramp on either side of the battlefield if a pokémon wishes to do so.

There are cracks in the walls and floor, and vines creeping up the walls. Two small pools of water beside the ramps can be used as a source of water, but pokémon who desire to stay within will find themselves confined in a small space. The sun shines down solemnly, lighting up the battlefield.

The relic has been beautifully preserved, and should be treated with respect so it will remain for future generations to admire, or so the locals believe. There are rumours that the relic is protected by a mystical power, preserved in the runes on the wall... so it is suggested that the battlers try to direct attacks at each other instead of at the ancient structure. Otherwise they might very well find themselves targeted by a righteously enraged unown striking them with their Hidden Power. Their attacks have a base power of 30 and their attacks might be of any element. The unown, hoping that its victim has learned their lesson after this reprimand, will return to the wall after a single attack. They will never strike their brethren, however, and any trainer-owned unown on the battlefield will be safe from this attack.

The atmosphere in the ruins, while decidedly more ruined after Hokage’s double Earthquake, is generally much lighter after Psychopomp’s ghostly presence has been lifted from it. The spectral eeriness immediately returns, however, when Negrek’s next Pokémon hits the field. Not that Acheron the Sableye looks particularly ghostly and menacing; he looks more bored and tired than anything. Earl scoffs inwardly at this lazy layabout excuse for an opponent; he’ll just have to teach him a thing or two about being vigilant in battle. The smile is kind of creepy, though…

Round Ten: Begin!

Still grinning his disconcerting grin Acheron sits back and watches his foe, waiting patiently for him to make a move. He's got all day, as far as he can see. Earl is a little flustered at Acheron's unwillingness to so much as prepare for anything at all but shakes it off. If the Sableye is going to be lazy then that's his loss; all the more time for him to get the jump on his opponent. Earl uses his psychic powers to project a Gallade-shaped Substitute into the air in front of him. Before he has a chance to put a little of his own health into it, however, Acheron reaches out with tendrils of dark energy and Snatches the shimmering body double over to his side of the ruins. Earl stares in disbelief as his own creation turns its deadpan expression on him instead of the quickly vanishing ghost behind him.

[Earl: -0H, -5E, highly affronted] - [Acheron: -10H, -5E, neener-neener!] and [Acheron's Substitute: 10H remaining]

Well, that was certainly unsporting of Acheron, stealing Earl's substitute like that. After all, if you want something then by George you need to get up and get it yourself, not take it from someone else! The miffed Gallade tries again, creating a new Substitute and vanishing to some hidden place as Acheron had done moments ago. For a few seconds the field is occupied only by two semitransparent Gallades, one burning bright with purple energy and the other also purple but swarming with wisps of black. The substitutes are not alone for long, however--Acheron rematerializes, strides boldly over to Earl's doppelganger and grabs it by the leg, ready to heave it right at Earl. Which, of course, would be a lot simpler if Earl were anywhere to be found. Alas, Earl is off wherever it is Pokémon that are hiding behind their substitutes go, and wherever that is is not within Seismic Tossing range. At a loss, Acheron pulls the substitute, swings it--rather awkwardly at best, given the discrepancy in their sizes and weights--and hurls it at the place Earl would've been. The substitute lands on the ravaged ground with a smack and flickers dangerously, but it does not break completely. Frustrated, Acheron slouches back to his own hiding place.

[Earl: -10H, -5E, safe wherever he is] and [Earl's Substitute: 2H remaining] - [Acheron: -0H, -7E, annoyed] and [Acheron's Substitute: 10H remaining]

When he senses that Acheron is finished, Earl reappears and gazes around the ruins. His own badly battered substitute is just now picking itself up off of the ground, while his original substitute--the one Acheron had the sheer nerve and cheek to steal from him--continues to stare blankly at him. With the Sableye's ill-gotten gains still in play there isn't much Earl can do to hurt the ghost himself... but, at the very least, he does not intend to let Acheron hide behind a barrier that is not rightfully his for very long! To that end the Gallade holds up his hands and allows the electrical pulses within his body to build up and arc back and forth between them. With an indignant shout Earl launches a Thunderbolt at his creation, causing it to spark, fade and flicker even more than his newer one. Acheron emerges just in time to see Earl disappear and grimaces; he still doesn't have a target to throw the fading false Gallade at. Grudgingly, he grips the substitute's leg and tosses him with all of the strength he can muster. Again, the Seismic Toss is not as effective as Acheron would have liked, but at least the substitute hits the ground hard enough to break and fade into nothingness.

[Earl: -0H, -6E, indignant] and [Earl's Substitute: 0H remaining] - [Acheron: -0H, -7E, glad to be rid of the other substitute] and [Acheron's Substitute: 1H remaining]

Round Ten: Close

Earl is forced roughly out of his hiding place as his substitute breaks and finds himself with no one but his stolen doppelganger for company. He glares spitefully at it, upset that Acheron forced it to betray him. Acheron is still hidden away wherever he is but knows that he won't be there for long; his own misappropriated bodyguard is on its last legs and will be gone fairly soon. He'll really have to make his next action or two count.

Post-Round Stats

Gallade
Earl (M) [Steadfast]
Health: 90%
Energy: 81%
Status: Wishes he had a white glove to slap Acheron in the face with

Earl's Substitute: Faded

Sableye
Acheron (M) [Stall]

Earl's Acheron's Substitute: 1%

Arena Status: The left set of stairs has been reduced to rubble, and large chunks of stone litter the ground near the decimated walls. They are still standing, but are probably no longer safe to stand on at this point. The ground is riddled with thin fissures and a large, roughly Charizard-sized section is caved in where Hokage landed both times.

Ref's Notes

-So yeah, that Substitute thing I explained before. Also, Acheron still threw the Sub and it would've been pegged at about 10% damage, but even accounting for a Pokémon having exceptional strength for its size it would be just plain difficult for something that's one foot tall to throw something so much larger than it is and so I knocked off a little damage for said awkwardness.
-There. Better now? *more glare*
-No, I’m not trying to guilt either of you into making next round simpler at all. (Not that it would work anyway. Neither of you has a conscience!)
-Blame any and all formatting errors on AbiWord, which at least doesn't slow down or freeze up at retarded moments like OpenOffice (or Word) but cannot understand line breaks/carriage returns and bold/italic/underline for the life of it. I want my laptop back. D: Also it doesn't recognize things like "doesn't" and "isn't" as words and seriously how retarded is that?
-Negrek attacks first next round.

Last edited:
(( I think you got the most important arena stuff down, except the unown coming out of the walls and attacking anybody who damages the temple. ))

Now... let's see if I remember this correctly.

Okay, Acheron, nice work. We've got a little shred of substitute to protect us, so let's take advantage. Start off by rushing at Earl with an unavoidable aerial ace and grappling onto him with a shadow claw. Climb onto his back where he won't be able to reach you and cling on tight; phase your hands into him as anchors if you need to. Finish up by firing a shadow ball straight into the back of his head to daze him and do some punishing damage.

If he manages to move somewhere you wouldn't reasonably be able to run to, replace aerial ace with shadow sneak so you'll be able to slip up walls, under water, or what have you in order to reach him before popping out and latching on with shadow claw, then using shadow ball as prescribed.

If he protects or detects the first action, instead just use calm mind and perform your combo after he lets his guard down.

(Aerial Ace / Shadow Sneak + Shadow Claw) / Calm Mind ~ Shadow Ball / (Aerial Ace / Shadow Sneak + Shadow Claw)

(( I feel as though I messed that one up. Ah, well... ))

...what? That's c/p'd from Kusari's description and I haven't touched it from the beginning. What are you talking about?

Never mind; in the beginning when you were talking about rules stipulations, I thought you were talking about the arena as well.

hrm okay so I lost my original post, meaning much of the panicking and unnecessary exclamations and whining are no longer here.

In any case, start off with a Substitute for 10% - the conditions for Shadow Sneak shouldn't come into play until after the sub is made anyway, so I think we're good - before that nasty combo occurs.

Your sub's going to die, of course, but I dunno if you'd be susceptible to being grappled once it disappears. So just in case, as soon as it's breaking, Shadow Sneak to avoid it as well as bring yourself around and attack that last shred of defence the stupid jewelface has. If you manage to be grappled anyway, I think Shadow Sneak should get you out of it...? Fast movement, and he's not phased into you enough to travel with you fully into the ground, so. Yes. In case he does, though, you can travel over hard-to-get-to places to get him off, as long as you're in position for the next move.

(And if by some freak occurrence, your sub doesn't break, you do this anyway.)

After that, you may get to go before Shadow Ball or not; depends on if that counts as a Substitute + Shadow Sneak combo or not I suppose. Either way, take your time: he certainly will. Aim carefully and Hypnosis to send him to sleep so we can do unspeakable things and he wakes up after one attack but anyway. Preferably, get it in before he uses Shadow Ball (point out that you're not done yet if that will help him obey his incessant urge to go last) and avoid taking the hit entirely.

That's either
Substitute ~ Shadow Sneak ~ Hypnosis
or
Substitute + Shadow Sneak ~ Hypnosis
I'm not quite sure which, but it should come to the same thing except for where that Hypnosis comes in, I believe.

Also, in case the Absence Sheet isn't up by then, I'm gone from Sunday for one and a half to two weeks. You've probably seen it, but just to get it here and stuff.

(And I'm not posting before then. -___- )

Yes. So. No need to rush.

Kusarigamaitachi vs. Negrek, Round Eleven

Pre-Round Stats:

Gallade
Earl (M) [Steadfast]
Status: Wishes he had a white glove to slap Acheron in the face with
Earl’s Commands:
Substitute 10% ~ Shadow Sneak ~ Hypnosis OR Substitute 10% + Shadow Sneak ~ Hypnosis

Sableye
Acheron (M) [Stall]
Acheron’s Commands:
(Aerial Ace / Shadow Sneak + Shadow Claw) / Calm Mind ~ Shadow Ball / (Aerial Ace / Shadow Sneak + Shadow Claw)

Earl's Acheron's Substitute: 1%

A large, ancient stone chamber with an unknown purpose. There are runes on the walls and floor, ancient characters resembling the Unown. The floor is made of stone, and is a large square area. The walls surrounding it are thick and the top of the wall can be accessed by a ramp on either side of the battlefield if a pokémon wishes to do so.

There are cracks in the walls and floor, and vines creeping up the walls. Two small pools of water beside the ramps can be used as a source of water, but pokémon who desire to stay within will find themselves confined in a small space. The sun shines down solemnly, lighting up the battlefield.

The relic has been beautifully preserved, and should be treated with respect so it will remain for future generations to admire, or so the locals believe. There are rumours that the relic is protected by a mystical power, preserved in the runes on the wall... so it is suggested that the battlers try to direct attacks at each other instead of at the ancient structure. Otherwise they might very well find themselves targeted by a righteously enraged unown striking them with their Hidden Power. Their attacks have a base power of 30 and their attacks might be of any element. The unown, hoping that its victim has learned their lesson after this reprimand, will return to the wall after a single attack. They will never strike their brethren, however, and any trainer-owned unown on the battlefield will be safe from this attack.

The atmosphere in the ruins, while decidedly more ruined after Hokage’s double Earthquake, is generally much lighter after Psychopomp’s ghostly presence has been lifted from it. The spectral eeriness immediately returns, however, when Negrek’s next Pokémon hits the field. Not that Acheron the Sableye looks particularly ghostly and menacing; he looks more bored and tired than anything. Earl scoffs inwardly at this lazy layabout excuse for an opponent; he’ll just have to teach him a thing or two about being vigilant in battle. The smile is kind of creepy, though…

Round Eleven: Begin!

A third Gallade made of psychic energy begins to take shape in front of Earl, who is still eyeing his purloined doppelganger with distaste. When it appears that Acheron isn't about to pop out and steal his hard work a second time, he grunts and projects some of his life force into the shimmering purple construct. Acheron realizes too late that Earl is about to be completely out of his reach, Shadow Sneak or no; he reappears just as Earl vanishes to safety, leaving only the third Substitute behind. Fuming, the Sableye settles for destroying the extra Earl. With a sudden burst of speed that belies his usually sedate manner the ghost dashes forward and leaps at the substitute, scoring its exterior with Aerial Ace. He quickly readjusts his position and then digs in deeper, Shadowy energy dripping from his Claws. The body double cannot take this sudden onslaught and vanishes as soon as it appeared, leaving Acheron to drop to the ground and forcing Earl to reappear on the battlefield. Still scowling, Acheron pops back into his hiding place.

[Earl: -10H, -5E, a little relieved] - [Acheron: -0H, -12E, frustrated] and [Acheron's Substitute: 1H remaining]

Earl has gotten quite sick of seeing his corrupted substitute staring at him from the other side of the field; it's high time he got rid of it. The Gallade sinks into the shadow he is casting on the ground and shoots straight at his target; he rematerialzes behind it and strikes it down with a quick swing of his bladed arm. The purple Gallade, fragile as it already is, flickers into nothing. Acheron, like Earl just a few moments before, is forced out of hiding; he is ready for this, however, and as soon as he lands fires a point-blank Shadow Ball at his opponent, who has not had time to back away after his Shadow Sneak.

[Earl: -13H, -4E, smarting] - [Acheron: -0H, -7E, frustrated] and [Acheron's Substitute: 0H remaining]

Acheron and Earl glare at one another, the Gallade's narrowed red eyes locked with the Sableye's twinkling gem-like ones. Neither of them is exactly thrilled with the other, and at first it appears as though their angry staring contest will last quite a while. Gradually, though, Acheron's snarling expression gives way to a much sleepier one. His head droops, his knees buckle, and within a few minutes the Sableye is snoring gently on the cracked earth. The air between the two battlers shimmers slightly as the last remnants of Earl's Hypnosis fade away. The Gallade allows himself one smug grin as he watches Acheron sleep. Lazy old ghost. Not a proper battler, not at all. Serves the devious little thing right.

[Earl: -0H, -6E, feeling smug] - [Acheron: -0H, -0E, asleep, quite mad at Earl]

Round Eleven: Close

The battle is far from over, but Earl, at least, is feeling a little better now that the irritating substitute thief is asleep--and without the stolen substitute, to boot. Acheron, for his part, would really like to give the stuck-up Psychic-type a piece of his mind. Until me manages to rouse himself, however, he will have to settle for doing it in his dreams.

Post-Round Stats

Gallade
Earl (M) [Steadfast]
Health: 67%
Energy: 66%

Sableye
Acheron (M) [Stall]
Energy: 62%

Earl's Acheron's Substitute: Faded

Arena Status: The left set of stairs has been reduced to rubble, and large chunks of stone litter the ground near the decimated walls. They are still standing, but are probably no longer safe to stand on at this point. The ground is riddled with thin fissures and a large, roughly Charizard-sized section is caved in where Hokage landed both times.

Ref's Notes

-I'm not going to lie, I'm still very easily confused by all your confounded conditionals. If I need to redo this round too *grumbles* then whatever, but in that case please... explain... better. D:
-Kusarigamaitachi attacks first next round.

k so I think we're at the point where I can yell at Kusari for not attacking now. Don't remember the exact date you technically came back but uh... two days. Or else Acheron magically transforms into the world's most violent somnambulist and does unspeakable things to Earl. Gotta put that creepy smile to good use, after all.

D:

Chill, then Thunderbolt twice, or Hypnosis if he awakens until it works.

Poo, immunity to Dream Eater.

Chill ~ Thunderbolt / Hypnosis ~ Thunderbolt / Hypnosis

WHY IS IT SO SHORT

WHAT AM I FORGETTING

Well, Acheron, I'm afraid this round is going to hurt you and be a headache for Kratos, but let's get moving anyway.

Start simple with a chill. I hardly think you're going to wake up so early (though a gal can dream, right?), but that's a command you can execute awake or asleep.

At this point, it comes down to how Kratos is going to ref your ability. Stall means that you'd ordinarily always be going last each action, even if Earl was trying to wait to see what you'd do. If Kratos doesn't have this happen for whatever reason, though, we'll have to use contingencies.

Second action, if you're still asleep, I want you to give the most tremendously, horrifically loud snore that you can muster. That oughta startle Earl a bit, but mostly I'm hoping you'll manage to snore yourself awake. With the zap from thunderbolt to help you along, I'm hoping this action will be traumatizing enough to bring you awake a little early. If you do wake up after getting electrocuted, opt to smash Earl's face in with another shadow ball.

There's one more possibility: that you manage to awaken but, because stall isn't in play, Earl is still waiting to see what you'll do and therefore tries to hypnotize you right away. If you wake up not as a result of screaming electrical pain but because of some other factor, then immediately utilize your defense move, magic coat, to send that smug gallade into a slumber of his own.

Final action, if both you and Earl are still awake as the action begins, magic coat him in the face. If you awaken as a result of thunderbolt, create a 15% substitute. And if you sleep on, chill instead, since we may be radically shifting tactics next round and are gonna need that energy.

Chill ~ Snore / Shadow Ball / Magic Coat ~ Magic Coat / Substitute (15%) / Chill

As a side note, my roommate in China actually would snore herself awake. This was extremely amusing to watch, but also rather startling, because she could pull off one loud snore after being relatively quiet for half an hour or so.

Kusarigamaitachi vs. Negrek, Round Twelve

Pre-Round Stats:

Gallade
Earl (M) [Steadfast]
Health: 67%
Earl’s Commands:
Chill ~ Thunderbolt / Hypnosis ~ Thunderbolt / Hypnosis

Sableye
Acheron (M) [Stall]
Energy: 62%
Acheron’s Commands:
Chill ~ Snore / Shadow Ball / Magic Coat ~ Magic Coat / Substitute (15%) / Chill

Round Twelve: Begin!

Earl allows himself a little breather, taking a seat on the hard, cracked ground as he relaxes. After all, what's Acheron going to do to him? Snore at him? The Sableye grumbles a little and shifts in his sleep but otherwise does not move. He's too busy taking it easy in his sleep to do much of anything about Earl right now. Besides... he'll want to be well-rested for whatever comes next.

[Earl: -0H, +10E, confident] - [Acheron: -0H, +10E, asleep, relaxing]

Lightning arcs and dances back and forth between Earl's hands, growing and crackling ominously as it builds up. With a shout the Gallade sends the thunderbolt in Acheron's direction and hits him, causing the Sableye to jerk and spasm violently as the electricity courses through his body. So intense is the attack that it actually interferes Acheron's muscles (or, rather, whatever it is that allows locomotion in a ghost), locking them up. Acheron groans; he wants to roll over in agony but is finding it rather difficult to do so. Even his breathing seems constricted to a point where he might be in trouble if he weren't already dead. His snorting gets rougher and louder until Earl is forced to cover his ears and take a step back, wincing. Perhaps he spoke a little too soon earlier.

[Earl: -4H, -4E, irritated] - [Acheron: -10H, -3E, asleep, paralyzed, choking and snoring]

Earl pauses for a moment and thinks. Hm, well... if the paralysis from one thunderbolt made Acheron choke, maybe another will make him stop breathing altogether. It's certainly worth a shot... and so another bolt of lightning shoots toward the ghost, electrocuting him a second time. The attack is not quite as severe this time around, much to Earl's dismay, and so it does not aggravate his paralysis; it does, however, jolt him into wakefulness. Acheron, still gagging and wheezing a little, glares blearily at his foe and attempts to stand. His limbs spasm violently as he tries to push himself up with his arms and he falls flat on his face. Even attempting to summon a substitute of his own from his prone position seems to be too much for Acheron to handle, and so he is forced to lie on the ground and gurgle angrily. Earl does his best to stifle a very un-gentlemanly and discourteous giggle.

[Earl: -0H, -4E, annoyed that Acheron woke up but still pleased] - [Acheron: -10H, -0E, paralyzed, stiff and frustrated]

Round Twelve: Close

Awake at last but far from relaxed and rested, Acheron curses and hisses into the dirt and wishes he had enough control over his movement to throw a frustrated tantrum. Wake up only to be completely immobilized, huh. Fine shape to be in when he has very nasty things to do next round! Earl finishes his snickering at last, coughs slightly in a poor attempt to cover it up and winks at his foe. Terrible luck, eh, old boy? Just terrible.

Post-Round Stats

Gallade
Earl (M) [Steadfast]
Health: 63%
Energy: 68%

Sableye
Acheron (M) [Stall]
Health: 70%
Energy: 69%
Status: Paralyzed (moderate); GRRRRRrrhggrghlguulllhackgl never mind D:

Ref's Notes
-Acheron woke up and then was fully paralyzed on the third action.
-That was easy. o.O Of course, having said that I've probably jinxed myself for next round.
-Tired, didn't proofread. No idea why I tried to write this when I did but oh, well. Now if you will excuse me I must go clear crap off of my bed so I actually have a place to sleep tonight.
-Negrek attacks first next round.

Well, Acheron, it looks as though Lady Luck is doing her best to screw us good once again.

But let's press on. You don't really need to move to use shadow ball or magic coat, so hopefully we should be okay with those as our primary attacks. So... shadow ball his smug heinie, or magic coat if he tries statusing you again.

If Earl moves out of range of your shadow ball, use a shadow sneak to catch up with him. It's not like he can go anywhere you can't; he has the inconvenience of needing to breathe now and then, after all.

And if he's created any clones by the time you're ready to attack, drop shadow ball for faint attack.

Shadow Ball / Magic Coat / Shadow Sneak / Faint Attack x 3

While Acheron doesn't need to move to attack you with Shadow Ball, he can't aim too well if you're not in front of him, right? So do your best to stay at least vaguely behind him; hopefully, paralysis will act up and you'll be out of reach. Even if he can somehow throw the Shadow Ball backwards - I'm assuming it always would be made with his hands, or at least in front of him if he can do it without moving - he at least can't see you.

And if he's too paralysed to move around to aim at you, surely he can't Shadow Sneak - or if he can, it's weaker than Shadow Ball, so it should be fine. Assuming your movements would actually trigger that if-clause.

I don't think there's anything significant right behind him, but if there's anything blocking you from getting behind him, uh, just make sure you're not straight ahead. But make sure you have a clear shot at him, because your main priority will be attacking.

If we're lucky, maybe his paralysis will worsen, eh? ;D

yeah right

Thunderbolt ~ Shadow Ball ~ Thunderbolt

Look! No if-clauses! Or DQ warnings aimed at me. :O

Kusarigamaitachi vs. Negrek, Round Thirteen

Pre-Round Stats:

Gallade
Earl (M) [Steadfast]
Health: 63%
Energy: 68%
Earl’s Commands:
Thunderbolt ~ Shadow Ball ~ Thunderbolt

Sableye
Acheron (M) [Stall]
Health: 70%
Energy: 69%
Status: Paralyzed (moderate); GRRRRRrrhggrghlguulllhackgl never mind D:

Acheron’s Commands:
Shadow Ball / Magic Coat / Shadow Sneak / Faint Attack x 3

Round Thirteen: Begin!

Still calm, collected and enjoying his obvious advantage, Earl strides calmly over to the gagging Acheron, walks right past him and comes to a stop directly behind him. Lightning shoots back and forth between his palms yet again as the Gallade builds up more electricity, finally releasing it in Acheron's direction and landing an easy hit on the Sableye's exposed bottom. A loud, gurgling hiss, together with some drool, escapes from Acheron's mouth as he thrashes and flops about uncontrollably on the ground, kicking up dust that only serves to aggravate his coughing. The electricity runs its course and exits Acheron's body at last, leaving Acheron in pain and, worse, unable to see his opponent. He's pretty sure the attack came from right behind him, so Earl can't have walked too far... but even the simple act of turning around to fire off a shadow ball proves to be too much. Acheron strains against his spectral muscles but simply can't force his body to cooperate and so goes limp, pouting.

[Earl: -0H, -4E, amused] - [Acheron: -10H, -1E, paralyzed, wtf this sucks]

The ruins take on an eerily lit appearance as Earl closes his eyes, extends his arms and draws every shadow in the area toward him. Amorphous blobs of blackness swirl together into a roughly spherical shape in his hands, and Acheron can only scream with frustration as he is struck by the very attack he failed to pull off just moments ago. The ball of shadows collides with his already tender backside, singing it with dark, ghostly energy. As the ball dissolves back into its individual component shadows, all of which slither noiselessly back to their original locations, it leaves the ghost's bottom sizzling. "Sizzling" would also be an accurate word to describe Acheron's temper; the Sableye is fuming and hissing vehemently at his inability to move yet again. For now, he doesn't even bother trying to struggle, but still... if that stupid Gallade can pull off four uninterrupted attacks in a row while all he can do is flop around uselessly there will be hell to pay.

[Earl: -0H, -3E, highly amused] - [Acheron: -9H, -0E, paralyzed, wtf this really sucks]

Acheron doesn't dignify the next thunderbolt that comes his way with so much as a sound. He would've preferred to just take the hit in stoic, unmoving silence instead of just stoic silence, but the lightning surging through him refuses to allow him to control his movement. He simply waits for his latest wild seizure to stop, closes his eyes, waits for a moment and then slowly, gingerly tries to push himself up. And, to his amazement, he manages it. Earl backs away, a little nervous as Acheron forces himself into a standing position and turns around to face him; he doesn't like the nasty grin that has suddenly returned to his foe's face. Acheron's triumphant laugh comes out sounding more like a strangled cough than anything else, but he laughs on nonetheless and snatches the shadows of the ruins up the way Earl did a few minutes before. Earl braces himself for the point-blank shadow ball, but to no avail; the drastic height difference between the two combatants means that the black blob strikes the Gallade a painful blow below the belt. Sneering as he watches Earl cross his legs and hit the floor, wincing, Acheron thinks that, in restrospect, he probably could've aimed the attack a little higher, even with the height discrepancy.

He could have. Not that he would have.

[Earl: -16H, -4E, sp. defense -1, not as amused] - [Acheron: -10H, -2E, paralyzed, now this sucks slightly less]

Round Thirteen: Close

The positions are reversed as the round reaches its end, with Acheron standing over a fallen and twitching Earl. Granted, Acheron is still feeling rather groany and twitchy himself, and it is still difficult to breathe, but that's more an annoyance than anything else. He doesn't really need to anyway, and surely the fact that he was able to stand means that things are looking up at last. Unwilling to take the damage to his gentlemanliness lying down, Earl resolves to make sure Acheron gets what's coming to him. It's a good thing Acheron's own gentlemanliness is so low to the ground... otherwise Earl might be tempted to try something equally unsporting in response.

Post-Round Stats

Gallade
Earl (M) [Steadfast]
Health: 47%
Energy: 57%
Status: Special Defense -1; sore and irritated in a bad place to be sore and irritated

Sableye
Acheron (M) [Stall]
Health: 41%
Status: Paralyzed (moderate); things are looking...almost kind of up! almost!

Ref's Notes
-Acheron was fully paralyzed on the first action. I took a little energy off for his struggles to turn around.
-He was also fully paralyzed on the second action. Poor baby.
-Shadow Ball lowered Earl's special defense. Also Acheron plays dirty.
-Kusarigamaitachi attacks first next round.

30%. I remember because someone hit it back during Hokage vs. Psychopomp. Yes, Acheron just barely missed it.

EDIT: Added it to the first post, just as a reminder or whatever.

Last edited:
Kay so I know you lost your password recently, but that should be sorted out soon in theory and it wasn't so long ago that I can't give you a DQ warning, Kusari. So. Here, have one. You have until two days after you get TCoD access back.

Guh.

Thunderbolt 'im to near-death, or Shadow Ball in case of Torment. Chill during any Protects/Detects if that happens before your attack is loosed, or if your move definitely won't work/strike for any reason.

If you can manage to move around him like last time, go for it.

Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Chill x3

...I have no idea. D: Give me a minute to check something... no, I can't find any record of it anywhere. Neither of you used Rest or anything last time, which, given the gnarly status Hokage and Psycho were dealing with sometimes, leads me to believe that they were banned. But I honestly don't remember. Sorry.

...There was, however, a Dream Eater directed at Hokage at one point. Hokage wasn't asleep so the command would've failed if the conditional had come up that way, but... I dunno what that means. Either you weren't thinking straight or you went first that round and commanded Dream Eater assuming that Hokage might use Rest, which would imply that direct healers weren't banned... halp. D:

Back
Top Bottom