• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Platinum: Let's PLay (Comic)

DarkAura

loves terra "brain cells? idk her" kingdomhearts
Since I'm giving up on my White run, I'm starting a Platinum Lets Play. It's not going to be a Nuzlocke; It's just a simple let's play. Now let's start!

List of parts:
Prolouge
Part 1: Focusing

Prolouge:

Part 1:

**Don't say Dawn's arm in the prolouge (When she says "Poketch set...Bag set...") is bad, because I know it's bad; I'm terrible at drawing arms (Hence why the characters don't have shown arms unless needed).

But why give up on White?

1) The White comic sucks.
2) I suck for making it.
3) I've lost motivation to make any more comics for that.
4) Controversial matters.
5) I failed the Nuzlocke.

I'm more content making this comic series, as I'm more motivated to make a Platinum LP. Plus, it's not a nuzlocke, so it's so much pressure off.

OK, I was almost done with the next part, but I forgot to save, so I lost the entire part. So, did I whine and cry about it? No (Maybe), but I'm too frustrated to make it again, so I'm just going to put it in a written part.

*Note: This'll be in Dawn's point of view.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was startled as an old man, who seemed to be in his sixties', appeared right up to us just as Barry was about to walk in the grass. This old man had a lab coat on and had a stern look on his face, so it was safe to say that he was Professor Rowan. Rowan walked towards Barry and me (I was standing somewhat behind Barry, so Rowan was staring more at Barry than me) and stood up tall, with his usual stern look on his face. I actually felt a little guilty instead of scared; I mean, that look he gave us just doesn't seem exactly frightening, but it made me feel guilty about being in this situation.

"What do you two kids think you're doing, about to walk into the grass like that? Don't you know about the dangers that lurk in the grass?" He asked in a voice that matched his stern expression.

Barry gulped. I could see him trembling, wondering if he could find a way out of this situation. With a faltered voice, Barry spoke. "W-We just wanted to get through the g-grass so we c-could get to your lab, so we c-could get some Pokemon..."

I never heard Barry's voice falter so much. Usually, his voice was pretty straight forward, which matched his personality. I guess the reason for his trembling voice was that he wasn't used to getting in trouble with an authority figure.

Rowan turned around and whispered to himself, though Barry and I could hear him very well. "What am I to do?...Could I trust these kids with a Pokemon? It would certainly change their lives... But after that stunt they pulled..."

Since he said "They", I knew he was also refering to me, despite me being somewhat out of sight (I was still behind Barry).

To my amazement, Barry walked forward, no longer trembling, and with a determined face. "Well, if you don't want to give me a Pokemon, at least give Dawn one. After all, walking through the grass was my idea; Dawn had nothing to do with it."

Rowan turned around slowly. His expression was that of shock, though it was mixed with his normal stern expression. Rowan closed his eyes and bent his head down, as if he understood something. "...How mature of you...I've never seen a child with such willpower to give up his chance for his friend," Rowan put his head back up and opened his eyes. "Very well then. You both may have a Pokemon."

Rowan reached for his suitcase, which was set next to him. After opening it, he held it out to me and Barry. "There are three Pokeballs in this suitcase. The one on the left is Turtwig. The one on the middle is Chimchar. The one on the right is Piplup. You may each choose one."

After pondering about the three choices, I still needed to think a little bit. I knew I wouldn't use Chimchar; It just...did work for me. I wasn't really a fan of monkeys. I did know that fire types were rare in Sinnoh, though I could probably just snag a Ponyta or something later on, so Chimchar was out.

Then there was Piplup. I loved penguins, but I didn't like Piplup's final evolution. Well, poison type moves wouldn't effect Empoleon (The final evolution of Piplup), but Poison types weren't really that signifigant in Sinnoh, so Piplup wouldn't fit with me either.

Last was Turtwig. Turtwig are extremely slow, but maybe I could work around that. Besides, how could I say no to a cute little turtle? I nodded in satisfaction and grabbed the Pokeball on the far left; Turtwig.

Barry, right after I picked Turtwig, picked the one in the middle; a Chimchar. Wow, Barry was actually smart! He waited so he could pick the starter with the type advantage! That explains why he didn't just pick a random Pokeball after one second of thought.

Before I could say thanks, the Professor was already walking away towards Sandgem Town. Barry ran right up to me and literally shoved his Pokeball in my face. "See, my Pokemon's awesome!" He said in his usual carefree and straightforward voice.

Barry put the Chimchar's Pokeball in his bag. "I'm going to go to Lake Verity. I mean, we should thank the Professor for giving us Pokemon, so he'd definitely love it if we caught him the legendary Pokemon! Meet me there, OK?" Before I could answer, he had run off to Lake Verity.

I was alone on Route 201. Nothing to do except go to Lake Verity. Before I did, however, I got out Turtwig's Pokeball and sent him out. I bent down to eye level with him.

"Hi there little guy," I said. "I'm Dawn, and I'm your new trainer!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 2 finished! Hope you like the written version. Don't worry; I'm going to alternate from comic to written from time to time, for twice the fun! The fun has been doubled!

I actually thought this was going to be like a YouTube LP when I first saw the title. But it's still good. Your drawing is 10x better than mine.

Back
Top Bottom