• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Realistic Pokemafia 2

Ether's Bane

future Singaporean
Pronoun
he
Superbird said I could run this.

I've made some minor changes to make it more balanced. They are in bold.

So. Here's how this game will work. Upon signing up for the game, you will pick a pokemon. Try picking your favorite. Also, pick one that's fully evolved, for your own benefit. So basically, each player, when sign-ups are closed, will have a few certain moves chosen from their moveset, and those will become the basis of their role. Each night a player will choose which move they want to use and on whom. In addition, types will be somewhat important (and complete ineffectiveness, like electric-on-ground, will be 0 damage; flying/ground will be ignored because of sleeping) and those who use attacking moves will not directly kill, as is the standard, but will instead chip off a chunk of another player's HP. For damaging moves, damage will be calculated the exact same way it is in the Games, and each pokemon will have a realistic amount of HP. (all pokemon will be at the same level).

Also, ground rules:
~Approximately 48-hour nights and days. Approximately. May be expanded for lack of night actions / votes and discussion.
~At the end of the day, whichever player has the most votes will be lynched.
~Abstains are unlimited.
~Please don't pick legendary pokemon.
~There will be: four mafia members, one lover, one inspector, and one roleblocker.

...I think that's pretty much it. Any questions you have, just ask. I'd love as many players as possible for this, so I'll see how many I get and then close sign-ups. Go!

Last edited:
...Isn't it two teams rather than one innocent and one mafia and that would be favoring mafia unless the innocent have a lot better roles because since mafias know each other they can just all vote some random innocent guy and eventually win.

Point is, half the players as mafia won't really work. Unless no one knows each other and then it wouldn't be called mafia it would be called teams.

...Isn't it two teams rather than one innocent and one mafia and that would be favoring mafia unless the innocent have a lot better roles because since mafias know each other they can just all vote some random innocent guy and eventually win.

Point is, half the players as mafia won't really work. Unless no one knows each other and then it wouldn't be called mafia it would be called teams.

The previous one had a quarter of the players as mafia, and that was too weighted in favor of the innocents.

Also, everyone will have a high-power (80 or higher) damaging move.

But the goal of mafia is for the mafia to outnumber the innocents, and with a 50-50 team split, all that needs is one kill by the mafia and the game's over

...which is exactly why I only took a fourth of the members for the mafia. Having half of the members being mafia just really wouldn't work -- the imbalance in the previous game really wasn't due to numbers so much as it was that the innocents had too much power. A third of the participants might work quite nicely for mafia (last game could have worked fine with 5 players, it probably would have been more balanced that way), but the real thing is, just give the innocents less power. Less Scary Face and Protect, and more just attacking or passive moves.

...That said, I'll join as Gallade.

...which is exactly why I only took a fourth of the members for the mafia. Having half of the members being mafia just really wouldn't work -- the imbalance in the previous game really wasn't due to numbers so much as it was that the innocents had too much power. A third of the participants might work quite nicely for mafia (last game could have worked fine with 5 players, it probably would have been more balanced that way), but the real thing is, just give the innocents less power. Less Scary Face and Protect, and more just attacking or passive moves.

Taken into consideration and changed accordingly.

But if ten people join, there will be four mafia to six innocent. The mafia kill night zero, leaving it 5-5 again. And if the towns people lynch an innocent, the games over. But if they abstain, the mafia kill night one and win.

Of course this doesn't account for everyone else's random attacking moves that could still end the game night zero.

... I don't know, with the heavy amount amount inspectors five probably wouldn't have worked either. (This is considering how the game played out; if there were a fifth mafia, I probably would've gotten them killed too.)

Inspectors tend to break things, you know?

I'm joining as a something. I'll get back to you on just what it is.

To be fair, I'm not actively trying to ruin anyone's fun or spirits by telling you this, I'm just pointing out how unbalanced the game would be

I'm not sure what sort of a solution three moves is--you still have one night action per night for everyone, and they're still going to go through. The innocents just won't have as good type coverage, which is sort of eh because you can screw with that as a GM anyway.

Although I seem to be the only commenting on this, so eh. Mayyybe I'm just a bit put-off by not everyone having four moves; the innocents probably won't have as many powerful moves, anyway (although I don't think that's really due to only having three?).

I'm not sure what sort of a solution three moves is--you still have one night action per night for everyone, and they're still going to go through. The innocents just won't have as good type coverage, which is sort of eh because you can screw with that as a GM anyway.

Although I seem to be the only commenting on this, so eh. Mayyybe I'm just a bit put-off by not everyone having four moves; the innocents probably won't have as many powerful moves, anyway (although I don't think that's really due to only having three?).

SB said that the innocents had too much power in the previous game, so I made the innocents have three moves each because everyone will have a high-power attacking move of some sort, so that means there's less of a chance for the innocents to get an inspecting move/protecting move/etc.

SB said that the innocents had too much power in the previous game, so I made the innocents have three moves each because everyone will have a high-power attacking move of some sort, so that means there's less of a chance for the innocents to get an inspecting move/protecting move/etc.

Yeah, but does an empty slot really mean an inspecting/protecting move has to go in its place? There are other things that you can put in there, and they don't have to break the game.

I agree, the innocents were still too powerful.

Yeah, but does an empty slot really mean an inspecting/protecting move has to go in its place? There are other things that you can put in there, and they don't have to break the game.

I understand, but I still think three moves is the way to go for now.

Back
Top Bottom