• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Which TCoD members can you identify just by their style of typing?

Definitely everyone you've listed there, barring Datura and Tarvos. And I'd say pathos, too. Uh, Negrek sometimes. Oh, and Verne.

And I notice smile face usage, too. But, I can't think of anyone in particular.

Edit: res wins the award for most distinct typing.

Last edited:
what a wow i didn't know my typing was that distinct

people i can identify:
>hiikaru
>tailsy
>cirrus
>turbo my best friend
>tarvos
>polymetric
>lorem ipsum

Cirrus and Jolty mainly. If you showed me the post of one of the other people you mentioned, I'd probably be able to make a list of people it could be, but I wouldn't be able to narrow it down beyond about three people. Probably Music Dragon as well but I'm not sure if that's the writing style or just the post itself in context that's the give-away.

(If anyone wants to identify me by my writing style, check how much the word "also" comes up. If it's a lot, then it's me.)

what a wow i didn't know my typing was that distinct

this
seriously what i type in lowercase mostly and that's it

anyway as for me, turbo (def), cirrus, hiikaru, phantom, music dragon, tailsy to some extent. oh and res.

I'm kind of afraid to say/unable to list without some sort of anon thing/reference point where I can look at a nameless post and try to identify! But in any case probably at least who you've mentioned, Lyra, also VM, res, bluzzyroo, yiran, Music Dragon (probably???), and uuuum I guess it kind of depends on what the post is about.

Am I really that distinct though...

uhhhh I dunno like maybe everyone in #tcod. especially Clover, Tailsy, Hiikaru, Butterfree, I guess? and res just look for things not making sense for a moment. Variation in typing style is cute!

secret: opal subconsciously uses capitals and punctuation when suddenly things are Serious. it's hilarious.

secret: opal subconsciously uses capitals and punctuation when suddenly things are Serious. it's hilarious.

Apparently I tend to start using caps and punctuation when things make me happy or when I'm not just making quick statements.

I've noticed with myself that I tend to capitalize nouns when I really like them, which end up being food most of the time. But! I correct them, so you guys will never know. Never.

(And I forget words in sentences more than I should. And use smilie faces more than I have any business doing.)

Last edited:
I am really curious as to how

also seconding res forever

Things just kind of sound like you! Terrible explanation, but

I guess you kind of speak/type... well, not flippantly, but with shorter/more getting to the point sentences or something??? But with skipping lines. Which is common but.

Your post really sounds distinctively you! (Probably because it is you but it sounds like a good example post.) I'm not quite sure why, though, so um take that explanation with a grain of salt.

I am really curious as to how

also seconding res forever

Not sure how to explain. Gratuitous use of caps, perhaps? Or maybe that's just the fact that a large percentage of the posts I read of yours are in the "Grr" thread.

eh, uncan tell why everyone hasn't said res >:|||

I pretty much can tell all of the major users apart from one another with just their style.

Especially a few like Jolty and Butterfree. And Poly.

Now I want to make some kind of a game out of this. Like, everyone secretly submits a post about some predefined subject, and then they're all posted with numbers on them and people try to guess which number is what person.

Let's make this happen.

(I think the most distinct typing styles probably belong to Cirrus, Hiikaru and Polymetric. I'd probably recognize opal rather easily as well, but that's more because I talk to him a lot outside the forums. Possibly Negrek. Probably Phantom. Dannichu. Tailsy.)

(I remember at some point reading some post genuinely thinking it was by one person, and as I read it being all like "haha, person X totally sounds like person Y in this post" and it turned out to be person Y and I'd just somehow not read the postbit right. But I don't remember who they were.)

Back
Top Bottom