• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Son of the Pokemon Strategy Game

Edoc'sil

Well excuuuuse me, princess.
I originally found this game on another forum here, and it was very fun when I played it, so here are the rules:

Da Rules said:
Someone "sends" out a Pokemon and has it use an attack. Another must use a Pokemon that counters the attack (either by ability or type) then use an attack that counters the Pokemon sent out. For example:

Pikachu uses Thunder
Marowak uses Bone Club
Gyarados uses Surf

Get it? Marowak resists Thunder, and Bone Club is super-effective against Pikachu. Then again, Gyarados is immune to Ground attacks, so Gyarados counters Bone Club. Then Gyrados uses Surf to take out Marowak.
Please try to avoid repeating Pokemon/moves. If necessary, do so, but avoid it. Remember, every Pokemon has a weakness, so dont worry if someone uses, like, Spiritomb. Think outside the box!

Those are the old rules I want to make a few additions to them

7. OHKO are allowed as there are ways to counter that. For Example Pokemon with the Sturdy ability.

8. Status only moves are also allowed, but they must effect the opponent in a negitve way like for example breloom can be posioned but with poision heal it helps, so also consider types immunitys like fire types can't be burned, and abilitys

9. wheather can be used (However wheather caused by an ability doesn't count as an attack) like sand storms OK but Sending in hippowdon isn't, And It also means that rain dance can't really be used
But remember that the weather created will still affect the Previous Pokémon, the User and the Next Pokémon (Even ability generated Weather)

10.Moves like Mimic and Mirror Move are Okay but moves like assist and metronome aren't

11.Moves that would make the last pokemon/move ineffective also can be used, for example endure and Protect are allowed but not conversion 2, baton pass, substitute etc. Any healing move such as refresh or recover can not be used, moves that pass status to a foe like psycho shift are OK

12. Hidden Power is outlawed. Because it can be any type, you can always pick a type that will be super-effective, and using Hidden Power requires no creativity in a situation whatsoever. So, be more creative, and pick something else.(Same Deal with Nature Gift) [this means Unown is outlawed]

13. Moves and items from Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon are not allowed.

14. Moves from Pokémon RBY GSC are not allowed. They could never end up in B&W so they are not important.

15. Abilities Must be posted Now, Dream World abilities are allowed Just be sure you know what they do in B&W.

16. Items and Berries are Still allowed, just remember type resisting berries will only half the damage and thus will only allow you to take normal damage.

17. Charge Moves that leave the user vunerable for 1 turn before attacking (Solar Beam, Sky Attack, Skull Bash Etc.) will be considered Non attacking moves unless the User is holding a power Herb.
Moves that Protect the user are still allowed (Dive, Fly, Dig, Etc.)

18.You are still allow only One move per turn so no combos.

19. Secondary effect shouldn't be taken into effect unless they have a 100% chance of happening like Zap cannon.

20.You should include a working Image of the Pokémon in your Post. whether it just the Mini Icon , a sprite, or an all out Action shot.

I'll start.

Yanmega w/ Tinted Lens @ Yache Berry used Silver Wind!

200px-Jessie_Yanmega_Silver_Wind.png

Remember when posting, the items and pictures are completely optional. You don't have to use them if you don't want to.

Perfect!

Magnezone w/ Sturdy used Earthquake!

Remember, Sturdy prevents OHKOs. So, it wouldn't faint from, say, Force Palm.

((That would have to be the Rock Slide Nature Power, so I'm going to choose my Pokemon based on that.))

Skarmory w/ Sturdy used Aerial Ace!

winona1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom