• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stupid Facts Based on Pokédex Entries

Spatz

Egahds, I've been gone a long while!
Stupid Facts Based on Pokédex Entries

Read this on Dorkly.

In short, the math says that in one punch, Machamp can theoretically release 93 megatons of tnt in terms of energy. To put this inperspective the Tsar Bomb (the largest nuclear device ever detonated) released 50 megatons of energy upon detonation.

Machamp can release nearly twice this, 500 times a second. Wow.

Re: Stupid Facts Based on Pokédex Entries

When basing Pokémon on their height and weight, Wailmer and Wailord are practically the most ridiculous organisms in the Pokémon Universe to live.

Then again, Gym Leader Chuck regularly spars with his Pokémon to train both them and himself. I don't remember if he actually has a Machamp (pretty sure he gets one in a rematch or something), but he presumably has something roughly as powerful. So either the Pokédex is full of shit (likely), or... maybe they just measure things in different units? Hrrm.

Evidently Grimer was formed from X-rays. That came from the moon.

Also, a bit less stupid, Delibird only leave their nest to find food for their young... so if you ever catch/knock one out, you've just killed all of its children.

Then again, Gym Leader Chuck regularly spars with his Pokémon to train both them and himself. I don't remember if he actually has a Machamp (pretty sure he gets one in a rematch or something), but he presumably has something roughly as powerful. So either the Pokédex is full of shit (likely), or... maybe they just measure things in different units? Hrrm.

I know that when you initially challenge him he has a Primeape and a Poliwrath, and depending on version (i.e. GSC vs HGSS) his gimmick has to do with ensuring he can hit with Dynamic/Focus Punch

Read this on Dorkly.

In short, the math says that in one punch, Machamp can theoretically release 93 megatons of tnt in terms of energy. To put this inperspective the Tsar Bomb (the largest nuclear device ever detonated) released 50 megatons of energy upon detonation.

Machamp can release nearly twice this, 500 times a second. Wow.

Not as ridiculous as Hitmonchan's balilty to punch faster than light.

Does it's fists time travel or something?

Not as ridiculous as Hitmonchan's balilty to punch faster than light.

Does it's fists time travel or something?

Not necessarily faster than light, just faster than the human eye can detect. In fact, the other half of its pokedex entries say that it punches at the speed of a bullet train, which is not very fast by comparison but which would still be nigh-impossible for the human eye to identify before it made contact.

Not necessarily faster than light, just faster than the human eye can detect. In fact, the other half of its pokedex entries say that it punches at the speed of a bullet train, which is not very fast by comparison but which would still be nigh-impossible for the human eye to identify before it made contact.

You're right haha.

I just remembered where I read that: the old Pokemon handbook for Gen I.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/7174tw10HzL._SL1000_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom