• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Shinies

Rayquaza

< Made by Fujiwara Yaminichi! Isn't it awes
I couldn't find this thread, so I figured I would make it!

Basically, just talk about what shinies you have, what shinies you are hunting for, etc.

As for me, in all my years of playing Pokemon, I've encountered 2 shinies, both in the 3rd gen. The first was a female lax Pikachu, found in FR in the power plant thingy where you get Zapdos. She was caught in a repeat ball, and eventually evolved into a Raichu via a Thunderstone and transfered to Diamond. I still have her.

The second was a male sassy Electrike, found in Sapphire on the route to the right of Mauvile. I caught him in a Ultra ball. However...
I wanted to SR on Sapphire for a shiny Treecko. But first I had to transfer the Electrike. But I just could not beat the Elite Four on Diamond. Finally I thought, "Lol I haz faith in mee, I kin jus restart gme an git shin treko right away olololo, an dat'll mak up 4 loosing teh electrike ololol"
Shortly after, I beat the Elite Four. And guess what? That was last year. I STILL have NO shiny Treecko. I have given that goal up.

My current shiny hunting efforts:
Sapphire: Trying to get through the game currently, will be SRing for shiny Rayquaza soon.
Pearl: I think I'll hatch some Voltorbs one day, till I find a shiny one.
Diamond: Hatching for shiny Yanma. BLUUUUE
Emerald: Nothing. I gave up hatching for Voltorb on this game. I may try something else.
Ruby: Missing in action; therefore I am doing absolutely NOTHING on this game.
Fire Red: Trying to get through the game. Will SR for shiny Mewtwo.
Crystal: Blah I hate the shinies on Crystal. You can't transfer them to 3rd or 4th gen.

Your turn!

EDIT: Oh yes of course, I have the shiny Gyrados too. On Crystal. :D

Last edited:
|D my first shiny was a Golbat in FR. I was just going to get Mewtwo, and this green Golbat pops up (this was before I really knew what Shinies were), and I'm like 'WTF' and caught it. I named her Amara. She's now in Pearl and a Pink lv65 Crobat.

Second was in Emerald, a Persian. I was breeding for a female Persian to breed with my Male Delcatty to get a Meowth with Assist, and I had already hatched like, 5 males. So, I grab another Egg and hatch it, and it's a shiny female meowth. I was in the middle on my English class too. xD so I named her Trisha and bred her with my Delcatty (Hohenheim), and got a Assisting Meowth (Edward). She's level 50 and in Pearl now.

Third, was a Larvitar. I was breeding a Larvitar for moony-panther in Pearl, and was hatching the spare eggs after I gave her one, and one was shiny. |DDD I named him Splinter. He's a Pupitar now.

Then, the very next day, I was breeding an Abra for moony, and I hatched a Shiny Abra. |D I named him Othello, he's still lv1, I plan on training him for competitive battles.

Another, was a Roserade I got from the GTS.

I have a ton, so I wont say all the stories. x-x But I have Cresellia, Marril, Charizard, Chatot, Rapidash, Ninjask, Shedinja (If you evolve a shiny Nincada right, it'll be a shiny Ninjask AND Shedinja! :D), Starly, Purugly, Gyarados (On Pearl!), and Eevee. Which will become an Umbreon.

Silver: Ampharos. :D Need to replace the battery in Gold and trade it over before Silver dies, though D:

Sapphire: Flygon. My first shiny. My friend was playing my game. I was watching. We see it. I told him to catch it right away. He did :D Her name is Shiney :3

Firered: 4 Shinies
1-Butterfree. My second shiny :3 Had only two Pokeballs at the time. Panicked, threw one, she broke out. Used Poison Powder, and threw my second one. If it failed, then I would be out of Pokeballs AND Ninja would have fainted. Caught the caterpie with that last Pokeball :3333
2-Crobat. Was ev training like I did in Viridian Forest. Ninja was one of the last Caterpie I needed to kill. This Zubat was one of the first. Easy catch :D
3 AND 4- Pidgey. Both on the same day, within Pokemon of each other :3

Ruby: Wurmple. Forogt to Nickname it before transferring it over to Pearl D:

Emerald: Carvahna. Celest is such a great Sharpedo now :3

Diamond: Stunky. Caught it at sunset. Matched the colour beautifully :3

All but Ampharos (for obvious reasons) and Stunky (traded to my GF as a gift :3) are on my Pearl version currently :333

I have a shiny Tentacool on Diamond, which made me hate Tentacool a lot less. I was watching TV while playing, and also surfing. Wild Pokemon comes up. I look down just long enough to see it's a Tentacool, and run. Just after I hit A, I realize "Wait wtf that was a SHINY AND I RAN!" But somehow Dialga was unable to run from a level 20-something Tentacool. Then I caught it in a Quick Ball. =D

I also have a shiny Regice in Sapphire, which there isn't a story for. My Sapphire is messed up and doesn't show the animation thing for it being shiny, which I learned once from a shiny Cacnea I was unable to catch that made me sad, and so I didn't even realize it was shiny for a few months. I think it's still in my Sapphire, it could be in my Diamond though.

As soon as I find my DS I'll continue chaining for shinies and post if I get any.

EDIT: Oh also shiny Gyarados but he doesn't count.

My shinies? None :(

I used to have a shiny Aron, and I saw a shiny Zubat and Onix, but I don't have any ATM.

I really want one.

I have around twenty shinies on Diamond, only one of which was a completely random encounter, a Fearow. The rest were chained.

On Silver I had a shiny Poliwag once that I stuffed into the Box for some reason and then restarted over that file. I also encountered a shiny Rattata, but accidentally killed it with a critical hit. Then, on the file after that, just after I had gotten the five pokeballs, my first encounter was with a Lv. 2 male shiny Pidgey. Naturally, I caught it.

I'm hunting for a shiny Buizel currently, but it's not going too well...

>: I've only seen one shiny in my entire Pokemon career, and that's the unobtainable Espeon in FireRed and LeafGreen's Battle Tower. No, I don't have any 2nd generation games so no shiny Gyarados for me.

I found a shiny Hypno on Crystal twice, but the batteries died both times ;-; Oh, and I had a shiny Typhlosion on a borrowed game :D (I didn't know what it was until I had to give the game back, though)

Otherwise, no shinies other than the obvious Gyrados.

Hunting:
Crystal: Looking for a ROM first, as the save battery in my cartridge seems to be dead
Ruby: Hoping to find a shiny Ralts at some point, but I'm not actively searching.
Pearl: Constantly chaining for Ralts and Eevee. ^^;

Lets see, besides the Gyarados and the shiny pokes I cheated to get, here are what I have seen/have:

Gold: I found a wild Pigeotto that was gold, but I had no balls. :( I have a shiny Ditto, but I used a glitch to get that involving the Red Gyarados, so I'm not sure if that counts.

Crystal(messed up now): Smoochum.

Emerald: Tentacool. Yes, a Tentacool.

I'm currently searching for shinys on Pearl whenever I play, but I hope to get Magikarp or some other water pokemon besides tentacool since I don't have the patience to chain or to run around in circles.

Red Gyarados (duh).
I had a Shiny Cleffa in Crystal. However, I didn't know it was shiny, so I spent minutes fervently resetting the game from the last save to get it to be a shiny. Since I didn't save when I got the egg, it still became a shiny. I thought it was supposed to sparkle when the egg hatched. Silly me. xP
I have never seen a shiny outside of my Crystal.

My first hard shiny was a female zubat. She is currently on my flying monotype. I found her when I was in Mount Moon with my pidgey and I almost fainted! :) My easiest shiny of course was the red gyrados in silver. He is still on my team!

I was walking in the desert in Emerald, then I ran into a shiny Trapinch. I caught it in an Ultra Ball. Ii was extremely happy to have found a shiny, at last.

I had just started Pearl, I was an hour in walking on...whatever route is to the left of Sandgem Town. I ran into a shiny Starly. I caught it, used it throughout the entire game, and still keep it around, as well as fight other people with it.

Oh yeah, I traded someone the PBR Pikachu for a shiny Ambipom.

Back
Top Bottom