• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Map Generators?

Karousever

formerly known as Jaketiger1116
Anyone know any good fantasy map generators? I'm playing around with this one, but I was wondering if anyone has any better ones? I just want a nice little fantasy-like map like you might find in the beginning of all those...well, fantasy novels. I have no problem making locations and such, but the map itself, well I want a generator.

So, anyone have any they like to use?

You can try the Greenfish map generator. It can't really do entire planets, and the last time I experimented with it I wasn't even able to get it to create a single, isolated continent surrounded by water as opposed to something with land running off the edge of the map (and I've also had no luck with randomly generated rivers, but then donjon can't do that either iirc), but if you want something that's going to focus on just part of a landmass then it should work. Looks a little nicer out of the box than the donjon generators, and also lets you randomly sprinkle town/city names around the map.

You could also try something like AutoREALM. I don't think it can really do random generation, but you could always just randomly drag lines around on the canvas until you get something you like, then flesh it out with the rest of AutoREALM's tools.

Back
Top Bottom