• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kingmaker Mafia III

Eifie

oh man, good times.
Pronoun
she/her
All right! I think I got all the PMs out okay, but I may have screwed up, what with the forum making me wait 60 seconds between clicking send on each tab and all. If you didn't get a role PM or I messed up in some other way, please let me know (preferably over PM and not in this thread).

Here's the original thread with some rules and stuff. I'll try to repeat anything pertinent here. (Note that I forgot how to math when listing the roles at the end of that thread and mistakenly listed more vanilla innocents than there should have been.)

The Setup
  • 3 Mean Guys (mafia)
  • 1 Kingmaker (innocent)
  • 1 Head Mason (innocent)
  • 1 Hero (innocent)
  • 4 Just Plain Nice Guys (innocent)

Rule Things
  • I'll announce the roles of dead players upon death.
  • Only the mafia are allowed to communicate out of the thread. Members of the mason group know each other's identities, but are not allowed to communicate out-of-thread.
  • All night actions are mandatory. Actions not sent in will be randomized, perhaps extremely unforgivingly (e.g. mafia having the chance to kill other mafia) because lack of night actions makes me oh-so-sad.
  • Any player who claims Kingmaker, whether they are actually Kingmaker or not, will be modkilled.
  • The day ends immediately after the King chooses who to execute. Please don't post after that!

Feel free to ask if you're unclear on anything, although I won't be able to edit this post.

48 hours for night actions.

I love when people send in their night actions! I love you all!!! Okay, there are three night actions in this game, but you know.

The GM weeps quietly in a corner as the body of an interesting game mechanic drops into the middle of the town.

Alligates is dead. She was the Head Mason.

But all is not lost, for a glowing crown descends from the heavens to alight softly upon DarkAura's head!

You have 48 hours to convince DarkAura who to execute.

So... either the mean mafia people tried killing Alligates, or she tried recruiting one of them.

Either way, there goes our Head Mason :/

What VM said. Also, a couple of clarifications in case anybody is wondering:

• If the Kingmaker dies during the night, their choices for that night still hold. The new Kingmaker begins sending in actions the following night.
  • If the Kingmaker dies and there are no Just Plain Nice Guys living, but the Hero is still alive, the Hero will become the new Kingmaker. (The Head Mason is the absolute last person I would want to make Kingmaker because of how OP that would be, so at least that's not something I have to figure out this game.)

And one last thing that I totally forgot in the rules earlier, the Kingmaker will be identified as a Just Plain Nice Guy upon death.

RIP interesting game mechanic Alligates. That sucks.

Ugh, I keep forgetting how difficult day 1 is because of no leads. Especially in this game...

Oh, looks like I'm king? Okay then!

...I-I'm kind of scared to vote someone off, seeing as we have nothing to go on atm. Guess you guys should... Try convincing me otherwise?

So... either the mean mafia people tried killing Alligates, or she tried recruiting one of them.

I would say the latter is probably more likely, as the Head Mason probably had about a 2 in 9 chance of hitting a mafia (I'll assume that there are 2 mafia in this 10-person game; if there are 3, it becomes much more likely) and considering how good the inspectors' Night 1 luck has been on this forum lately, I wouldn't be surprised if Alligates was just unlucky.

The other thing is that if I was mafia (which I must stress I'm not), Alligates wouldn't be the one I would kill N0, so I think Alligates probably tried to convert them and thus redirected their kill.

The problem: that leaves us with no leads unless someone can figure out who Alligates targeted?

...wait. If it wasn't an accidental Mafia conversion, then the normal Mason who Alligates converted last night should still be around and, most likely, would know that they were chosen. Is there a mason who was chosen by Alligates last night? If so, we have confirmation that the Mafia chose explicitly to kill Alligates. Otherwise, I'd assume it was an accident.

We know it was the former, because everyone sent in their night actions. It's highly unlikely the mafia would elect not to kill someone.

I would be suspicious of Superbird right about now, but he's made mistakes before, so.

Either way, there goes our Head Mason :/

There should have maybe been a back-up for this kind of day 1 fringe case.

Also, if I were being proactive, I would look back at the previous game threads. What's the precedent for handling day 1? Most mafia games just end up abstaining.

We know it was the former, because everyone sent in their night actions. It's highly unlikely the mafia would elect not to kill someone.

I would be suspicious of Superbird right about now, but he's made mistakes before, so.

There should have maybe been a back-up for this kind of day 1 fringe case.
Uh, throwing myself off as suspicious but... what? Why does making a theory, even if there's a small chance it could be wrong be suspicious? It is possible the mafia chose no kill, it's always a good way to throw off the town

I realise now that's more accusatory and rude than intended. Sorry.

I meant to say Superbird hasn't done anything to garner real suspicion imo

Wait, wasn't it established that if the head mason tried to recruit a mafia member, the mafia's kill that night would be cancelled and they would kill the head mason instead? That's what I was basing my assumptions on because that's what I remember. Please tell me if that's wrong.

...yeah, from the signup thread.

If the Head Mason attempts to recruit a Mean Mafia Person, the Head Mason will be killed instead of the actual target of the Mean Mafia People that night, because the Mean Mafia People just can't stand all this niceness bullshit.

I'm just assuming that it was an accident and that the mafia probably meant to kill someone else but couldn't because Alligates was unlucky in who they targetted.

Superbird is correct, and I'd also just like to remind you all of the rules I put in the first post, which state that there are three mafia members and that all night actions are mandatory (i.e. no abstaining from killing, recruiting, or king making). Carry on!

I would say the latter is probably more likely, as the Head Mason probably had about a 2 in 9 chance of hitting a mafia (I'll assume that there are 2 mafia in this 10-person game; if there are 3, it becomes much more likely)

Eifie has stated that there are 3 mafia.

Probability of Alligates recruiting a mafia member: 1 in 3
Probability of mafia targeting Alligates: 1 in 7

I'm not sure if either scenario makes much of a difference to us, but the former is somewhat more likely.

As for what Light said, I don't really see how anything Superbird has said so far makes him particularly suspicious. Care to elaborate?

Back
Top Bottom