• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Trainers from all over the world have gathered... But the competition they were about to enter was more than just Pokémon battling.

72 hours for night actions.

Re: Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

I don't like making these statements publically because of the aimless metagaming they generate, but really, it's way too early in the game for so few night actions to actually be sent it.

Also, for the record, I'll be on a trip with most likely no internet access for a few days starting the 8th, so you'll most likely be having something of a long day for now.

-----

The game was afoot, but so far, it seemed as if it has been played cautiously -- the day after the beginning seemed much the same as the one before it. This, even when most people were half-expecting to trip over a great huge pile of rotting corpses or something to that effect...

Perhaps the only exciting occourance at the moment was a rumour that had been making rounds since early in the morning.
Mai was totally going towards Light last night! Isn't it weird?

No one has died.

48 hours (in principle) for discussion.

I am so weird. In fact... you could almost say I'm mysterious.

VSMysterious_Sisters.png

... But yes, indulging in the pointless metagaming, that is super disappointing. I, as you could assume, did send in a night action (going towards Light? that's interesting phrasing)! And you can't - or shouldn't - assume much else, since, well, this a Mafia Facilitator game.

Well, that's... even less than one has to go on than usual, I suppose. Nobody died, do we have a plan?

...this a Mafia Facilitator game.
what means

...this a Mafia Facilitator game.

what means

Fun with acronyms.

So if no one died, we don't really have much to go on unless someone steps up and says something. I'll start: my main role (not going to go into my secondary role at this time) is copying one player's action and using it on another player. Last night, I used Flora's action on Flora.

Might as well say I know what Mai did last night, and there's no reason to suspect her as mafia, or to rule her out.

Also don't see any harm in claiming my Pokemon.
MrMime

I forgot my night action because I am a big freaking loser who didn't actually send in my action with my reply to my role PM. :((((((((((.

2qxqrh5.png

Ah... the face of a big freaking loser.

most people were half-expecting to trip over a great huge pile of rotting corpses or something to that effect...

haha

Anyway, list.
Mai: XY Mysterious Sisters. n0, targeted Light, who says "no
hopeandjoy: Male XY Psychic
Light: RBY Juggler + Mr. Mime. Not Poke Floats.
Alligates: BW Twins + Plusle and Minun.
Zexion: RSE Bug Maniac
Superbird: Male HGSS Bird Keeper. One power (Mirror Move?) copies a player's action and uses it on another player. n0, copied Flora's action on Flora.
Flora: XY Lass
Wargle: Female XY Swimmer
DarkAura: Female DPP Skier
Zero Moment: FRLG Crush Kin
RespectTheBlade: DPP Guitarist
Negrek: BW Roughneck
Eifie: GS Medium. Not big freaking loser. No night action n0.
Visitor Message: RBY Super Nerd

Fun with acronyms.

Yep. And MF's games are known to be pretty tricky, so that's the explanation for that.

Mai: XY Mysterious Sisters + Gardevoir. n0, targeted Light, who says "no
hopeandjoy: Male XY Psychic
Light: RBY Juggler + Mr. Mime. Not Poke Floats.
Alligates: BW Twins + Plusle and Minun.
Zexion: RSE Bug Maniac
Superbird: Male HGSS Bird Keeper. One power (Mirror Move?) copies a player's action and uses it on another player. n0, copied Flora's action on Flora.
Flora: XY Lass
Wargle: Female XY Swimmer
DarkAura: Female DPP Skier
Zero Moment: FRLG Crush Kin
RespectTheBlade: DPP Guitarist
Negrek: BW Roughneck
Eifie: GS Medium. Not big freaking loser. No night action n0.
Visitor Message: RBY Super Nerd
IsayNO.jpg

On a more serious note... yeah, there's not much to do here unless we just start claiming, I guess? I have a gardevoir, to provide a small bit of info; I added that to the list up there.

OOPS that's supposed to say "No reason to believe she's mafia"

So, since no one died, obligatory abstain + infogather session? (I'm not voting just yet, though.)

I have a Slowpoke. It's not exactly the most exciting thing. *yawn*

Fun with acronyms.

So if no one died, we don't really have much to go on unless someone steps up and says something. I'll start: my main role (not going to go into my secondary role at this time) is copying one player's action and using it on another player. Last night, I used Flora's action on Flora.
Oh, okay. There I was thinking there was some official mafia terminology I wasn't wise to.

That is... a pretty sweet power, sounds like. But when you say "copying," does that mean your power only has an effect if the other person actually used their night action? Basically, if Flora didn't send in a night action last night, does that mean your power just didn't do anything, or do you get to use her power anyway?

It's Mirror Move, so if she didn't do anything it probably wouldn't have done anything.

Also, given that this is an MF game, the mafia could easily not have killed anyone last night. I remember that in many past MFia games, the Mafia all have other things they can do if they don't send in a kill. So technically, there's the option for all of them to do that, and not kill anyone.

Of course, MF also complained today about inactivity, but for the fact that this is a MF mafia game, that seems weird to me.

(For the unaware, Flora is known for signing up for every mafia game but rarely playing. She has somehow been doing this for several years.)

In my experience, it's usually more of a "sign up, and then play at night, but don't post" kind of thing.

iirc she won a game once for town completely from the shadows.

It's to the point where people tend to ignore her in games. Points for consistency.

It's Mirror Move, so if she didn't do anything it probably wouldn't have done anything.

Also, given that this is an MF game, the mafia could easily not have killed anyone last night. I remember that in many past MFia games, the Mafia all have other things they can do if they don't send in a kill. So technically, there's the option for all of them to do that, and not kill anyone.
Something to ask, maybe. It's understandable that it would work that way, but also unfortunate, since there's no way to know if "nothing happen" likely means no night action/not-killy night action or simply "wasn't around."

And yeah, the mafia tend to have nice secondary abilities in MF's games, but ultimately the only way they're going to win is by murderizing people. Those other abilities would have to be pretty darned good to justify taking a night off, I think, and it at least doesn't look liike anything big went down last night--or nobody's reporting anything weird happening with their powers.

So at this point I think it's most likely that there was a lucky heal, or the mafia hit an alien (don't know if MF tends to use those) or somebody bulletproof (you lucky bastard).

Or maybe there

is

no

mafia.

*stares at MF*

*staaaares at MF*

I could see MF doing a no mafia game. That would be a brain screw.

Back
Top Bottom