• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Just... Mafia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vholvek

Your tragic fate is looking so clear.
Pronoun
any
So I'm really uncreative, and I decided that I have no ideas for a mafia, but I really wanted one. So, I decided that I could just make a mafia following all of the rules, no changes, modifications, or any of that. Just. Mafia.

So if you want to sign up, that'd be really cool, but if not that's fine. I'm pretty new at the mafia thing so I might get some things wrong. If I do, please tell me OOC or something because I'll really need help.

All of that aside, I hope we can have a lot of fun!

Can I ask how simple this is going to be? Is it just mafia and villagers, or are there any auxiliary roles? I'm assuming at least a few goons, but will there be a basic doctor and/or inspector?

Okay. What I meant by "just mafia" is there will be all of the roles. No worries. But there will be no themes, like Pokémon, or Sburb. It'll just be a quaint little town.

Ok. I don't know how to quote people from other threads, so I'll just copy/paste.
The Mafia Faction

The mafia know of one another, may communicate privately at any point during the course of the game, and will show up as mafia when killed or inspected by the inspector, unless otherwise stated.

Mafia don: The leader of the mafia. During the night, he sends in the mafia's choice of target to attack, and if other mafia members send in a night action, his choice always overrides theirs.

Mafia goons: The other members of the mafia. May send in the mafia's night action if the mafia don is away. One of the mafia goons at random will become mafia don if the original don is killed.

Terrorist: The terrorist is on the mafia's side; however, they do not know of him, and he does not know who they are (and as such, he may not communicate with them during the night). The terrorist's goal is to ensure that the mafia win, and to achieve this, he has one secret weapon at his disposal: he is a suicide bomber. At any point during the day phase, he may blow himself up and take one player of his choice with him. If the inspector inspects the terrorist, he will be shown as not mafia, and if he dies, he is also shown as not mafia.

The Innocent Faction

Unless otherwise stated, innocents do not know the role of any other player, may not communicate with other players about the game outside of the public day discussion, and show up as not mafia when killed or inspected by the inspector.

Inspector: During the night, he may inspect one player to find out whether they are aligned with the mafia, though certain roles may show misleading information (as described for each role).

Doctors: During the night, each doctor chooses one player, other than himself, to heal. If this player is targeted by the mafia, vigilante or a fishing brother's revenge kill on this night, he does not die. However, if two or more doctors choose to heal the same player, that player overdoses and dies, even if he was not targeted by the mafia.

Lover: On the first night, he picks one player as his lover. From this point on, regardless of either player's previous alignment, their ultimate goal for the game is to be the only two players left, and they may communicate privately with one another at any point during the game. However, if one of them dies, the other immediately commits suicide in grief.

Vigilante: During the night, he may kill one player of his choosing.

Fishing brothers: There are always two of them. Every night, each of them targets one other player of their choosing; if the other fishing brother is killed that night, the live one will kill the player he targeted in revenge.

Roleblocker: During the night, the roleblocker's target's night action (if any) is nullified. The roleblocker's role may also be aligned with the mafia, or there may even be one for each faction, depending on the game master's preferences.

Singletons

These roles are an alignment of their own, having their own specialized win conditions. Unless otherwise stated, they show up as not mafia when inspected by the inspector, do not know any other player's role and may not communicate with other players outside of the day discussion thread.

Alien: If the alien is attacked by the mafia, a vigilante or a fishing brother during the night, he does not die; instead, he turns into an activated alien.

Activated alien: If the activated alien is chosen to be lynched during the day, he wins the game. When inspected by the inspector, he shows up as mafia. The activated alien role is never given directly to a player; activated aliens only exist when a regular alien has been activated.

Those are the roles. In response to Phantom, I am just going with a 48 hour cycle, I'm going to use all of the roles normally, and yeah.

EDIT: Oh yeah. This sign-up closes at the end of the week, Oct. 19 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time.

Could I join even though it's past the sign-up date?

Then again, there's only six people joined, sooo...

Yeah it's fine. I had to be off for a while anyway, so I couldn't close it. It's closing after you join, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom