• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Capitalist Democracy Mafia [Game Thread]

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
Just as the town of Capitalismville begins to lay itself to bed, a mass alert goes out to all its citizens' phones.

*BUZZ BUZZ* THE CIA HAS REASON TO BELIEVE THERE ARE INTRUDERS IN OUR MIDST, WORKING TO UNDERMINE OUR GLORIOUS CITY. BE WARY. DO YOUR DUTY TO YOUR GOVERNMENT. FIND AND DESTROY THESE TRAITORS. *BUZZ BUZZ*

Unsettled, the people of Capitalismville check their bank balances and fall into a restless sleep. Surely they can just ignore it until it becomes an actual problem, right?

48 hours for night actions.

When morning breaks, all of the citizens of Capitalismville are alive and well, but several are displeased to find that their bank accounts have been completely emptied.

"Surely this is the work of some devious criminal masterminds!" someone shouts.

"How dare those terrorists come onto our land and take our hard-earned lifeblood?" laments someone else.

One thing's for sure — emotions are running high, and someone will have to pay. Both literally and figuratively.

No one has died.
48 hours for day phase discussion.

Small rule change: If and only if you have 0 dollars, you may either pay 0 dollars for your vote or you may choose not to vote at all. You won't be penalized.

Hmm that's good. Or maybe there's a bulletproof around? Who knows. Hopefully mafia are just inactive.

Jailkeeper?

I think I was targetted by a jailkeeper last night. My flavor indicated as much, and all my money is now gone due to having to pay bail.

so two people claimed to not get money? Er rather, one didn't get, one was taken. Jack said mafia took money in the sign ups, so presumably they were targeted by mafia?

I mean, my flavor explicitly said that I was arrested for suspicious activities and had to pay an amount of money (that happened to be exactly as much as I had at the time) as bail, and I was also told that as a result of this I didn't get to use my night action. So I'm pretty sure it was a jailer.

Also, it's worth mentioning, that that's probably an innocent role. Yes, innocents can charge money from others - my night action involves taking one person's money as payment for doing it.

my night action involves taking one person's money as payment for doing it.

I mean, just a fraction of their money. Not all of it. But I see no reason why the jailkeeper couldn't take one night's salary as payment (which happens to be the same as the amount I started out with.)

I never received my paycheck last night. Just kinda, disappeared.

Wait, what's the Mafia's win condition again? If their night actions involve stealing money, then no one's going to die. Unless they do both, in which case never mind I guess. I'm a bit tired.

I actually don't think I explicitly spelled out the scum win condition, because it's the same as in all my games and it's basically the default for mafia games: to reach a point at which it is impossible for the innocents to win.

The innocent win condition is, likewise as is common, for all the scum to be dead.

Hmm ok then. My action only costs me money. I didn't use it last night because it costs more than I get a night

I'm extending the day phase by 24 hours. Remember:
  • Every day phase, every player must submit a vote to either lynch someone or abstain. Anyone who does not submit a vote will be considered to have spent one night’s worth of income (or all the money they have left, whichever is less) toward lynching themself. For every additional day in a row this happens, their one night’s worth of income will be double-weighted, then triple-weighted, and so on.

Small rule change: If and only if you have 0 dollars, you may either pay 0 dollars for your vote or you may choose not to vote at all. You won't be penalized.[/b]

Pretty sure that was directed at the people who do have money. If I need to, though, I'll put in a $0 vote to Abstain.

Back
Top Bottom