• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon sword and shield

Kung Fu Ferret

Yokai Of Despair
Pronoun
he/him/his
Generation 8 confirmed! The new region looks like it's heavily based on Britain!

Grookey, Scorbunny, or Sobble? Which starter do I like best? I don't know

I'm a simple person, I see a fire rabbit, I stan it.

Really though, this is looking to be so cool. The scenery in Galar looks so gorgeous, it knocks Kalos outta the park.

I think I'll go with Sobble because Sobble, judging by the trailer, is a lot like me. I also tend to like water-types the most.

Some fans are questioning the existence of Kalos in Galar. I don't see much evidence behind it.

I'm really excited for these games! Finally there's a rabbit starter!

The official Nintendo account tweeted something about Gym Masters and then deleted it, so I'm wondering whether that's an actual bit of information that they just accidentally released too early...

I so want Scorbunny to become Fire/Electric.

I can't wait to see more Pokémon, though! We only have the starters now and it's killing me. Give us some legendaries!

I can't wait to see more Pokémon, though! We only have the starters now and it's killing me. Give us some legendaries!

I disagree! I was honestly lamed out by SuMo showing off, like, every single pokémon before release. I hope they don't reveal much at all! I want to discover the new pokemon myself!

Fire/Electric is a take I haven't seen yet! :o I've seen Fire/Fairy around the most (and it's the one I currently subscribe to), but Fire/Electric is also a really neat typing, too.

Personally, I'll probably be going for Sobble since it's a little chameleon baby... excellent child

Ooh, I've seen Fire/Steel floating around, and that's the one I'm personally rooting for, especially with
the astrobunny leak, which, after digging far too deep into it bc I love love love its design and the general kickassitude of a rocketeer rabbit to give up on it so easily, I've determined to not yet be proven fake in spite of the kinda sketch "someone claimed to have created it" thing that's going around.

Ooh, how so? Because if it's
the one instagram artist who claimed to have drawn it and posted roughs, I'm not so sure about that! The article I read about it mentioned how, apparently, it's supported by the fact that the rest of their art is in the same style, but I disagree! There's definitely a disconnect between the style of the astrobunny and the other fake Pokemon, among which there's not as many examples as I was led to believe. And roughs are semi-easy to produce after the fact, especially when the poses look identical to the finish product, pencil strokes and all, leading me to believe it could just be fabricated.

And their attitude about the astrobunny is like, kind of defensive? I dunno, something about it rubs me the wrong way.

So I'm still operating on the basis that it's not necessarily disproven, and that for as much as there is trying to prove it's fakeness, there's a bit too many inconsistencies there to make me believe it is real (the color scheme is near identical to Scorbunny itself; the fact that both og accounts shown on the original image led to accounts that, to my knowledge, would post any and all fakemon submitted and got hit with deactivation soon after posting the astrobunny (this is still something I need to research more in depth about, bc of conflicting reports on what these accounts were actually for); the out there but not worth unmentioning theory that the reveal trailer hinted at the starters final second typings, i.e. Scorbunny hopping up from the gears hints at it being Fire/Steel)

ofc this is a huge reach, like really huge, but rabbits + space is my entire aesthetic, and I?? really want it to be real?? I love the concept so much????

tl;dr my monkey brain tries desperately to keep the possibility of it being real bc hhhhh I love it so much and want it to be real

and that. Was a lot of blacked out text, ghh

Fire/Steel is a VERY good take... although I don't quite visualize Fire as an astronaut typing, if that phrase makes any kind of sense.

Also GOD it has been a long time since I saw those spoiler tags.

oh speaking of, that's ANOTHER point of credibility I forgot to mention: it uses its feet, hands, and ears as rocket propellers, much like how Scorbunny burns the grass with its feet in the trailer. It's fire bc it's like half rocket and it's SO COOL

Right? The spoiler tags are like some nostalgia whiplash, ha ha!

I see Wooloo tumbling and really wish that Game Freak would bring back HGSS-esque following mechanics.

SM/USUM had the animations for it in their code..

I'm really disappointed that S/S (is that the abbreviation we're using for these games? well whatever it's what I'm gonna use) and the games beyond won't have National Pokedex support. I suppose it was bound to happen eventually; we're nearing quadruple digits for the amount of Pokemon in the game, so I guess it was inevitable that they draw the line somewhere, but for a person who actively maintains a Living Dex and is a proud Pokemon collector, this is really bad news for me. Hopefully they'll still create applications like Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Home, so that I can still keep up my collection without leaving it behind in a different generation.

Back
Top Bottom