• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Top 5 DS Games you own

What are the top 5 DS games you own that you play/like most?

Here's mine.

#1 FF III
#2 Nintendogs
#3 Pearl
#4 Sonic Rush
#5 Drawn to Life

And the other games I have are Wario: Master of Disguise, Brain Age, Trauma Center UTK, TouchMaster, Naruto Ninja Council 3, and Chibi Robo Park Patrol

Last edited:
Okay:

5: Super Mario 64 DS
4: Metroid Prime: Hunters
3: Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain?
2: Animal Crossing: Wild World
1: Pokémon Diamond Version

Super Mario 64 DS won't get higher 'cause it's an old experience :P And Phantom Hourglass didn't really do it for me... New SMB is cool, but I dunno... And Mario Kart...

Oh, there are so many good games <_< I'm positive about the top 2, though ^^

1. Sekaiju no Meikyuu
2. Sekaiju no Meikyuu II
3. Luminous Arc
4. Ryuusei no Rockman 2
5. Final Fantasy III

Sekaiju no Meikyuu series and Luminous Arc series are the only good original DS RPGs I've played. The FFIV remake was a disaster, and FFIII had its greatness toned down from the original version. RnR2 is not a quality game by any means, but I love it just because it's Rockman.

1. pokemon diamond
2. animal crossing wild world (i can't find it though)
3. mario kart ds
4. pokemon mystery dungeon: darkness
5. the simpsons game

(These are in alphabetical order, I can't decide on a definitive ranking)

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales

This game is brilliant. Ultra-cute, but definitely challenging, it takes the ever-classic (people)-of-light-go-save-the-crystals formula and takes it in a whole new direction. The minigames are entertaining and addictive, and the Pop-Up Duel card battling game, while simple in concept, is very in-depth when it comes to strategy. The fact that you can actually use your decks in Wi-Fi battles (even random non-FC battles) and that there is actually something of a ranking system is a great plus.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2

So the story is no huge improvement over its predecessor, who cares? The sheer number of jobs (52 IIRC) and strategic potential is enough to make strategy-whores like me beg for more. The graphics are great and music quality is phenomenal. The biggest letdown of this game is that the "multiplayer" extent is simply trading units. War of the Lions let you fight others, but FFTA2 is so much smoother and has less sluggish of a pace.

Final Fantasy IV

I was really hoping they wouldn't ruin this game with all the extras and new stuff. On paper, the existence of new augments (i.e. Doublecast, MP+50%, etc.) would just make the game too easy.

Or so it seemed. The game is hard. Sooo much harder than the original US versions and GBA version. (Yes, that's a good thing). Visually, the graphics are, like III, "pretty darn good". Nothing too amazing, but pretty to look at. The actual cutscenes are nice, and the voices fit. Summoning sequences are also a lot nicer than they were in III. As far as music goes, most of it is an improvement. The quality is lacking somewhat on the DS, but most of the tunes have been made more subtle on the ears, like Mystic Mysidia. The overall script has also been improved greatly.

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

RTS on handheld. What a concept. Actually, FFXII:RW pulls it off pretty darn well. Whilst considered a direct sequel to XII, the story has nothing to do with XII's itself, consdiering 95% of the game takes place in a different world. Nonetheless, it's an interesting story and quite humourous at times. The Judge of Wings is also kickass. Weapon forgery is cool, it's a very challenging game, and requires deep strategy (beginning to see a pattern here?) to beat it.

Pokémon Diamond

As chances are you own this game... well, yeah.

Animal Crossing Wild World - OH GOD YES.
Diamond.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2.
The Legend of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass.
New Super Mario Bros.

Well, I only have six atm, so it's PMD2:EoT, The World Ends With You, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Pokemon Diamond and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

The other is Sonic Rush, which I've finished twice and can't be bothered to play any more. The only reason I'm hanging onto it really is cos I'll get sod all if I trade it in.

1) Pokemon Diamond
2) Starfox Command
3) LoZ: Phantom Hourglass
4) New Super Mario Bros.
5) Nintendogs

1. Animal Crossing: Wild World
2. Pokemon Pearl
3. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
4. FFIII.
5. Nintendogs.

I only have five, so I just put them in order. XD

In no particular order...

Super Mario 64: DS
Pokemon: Diamond
Guitar Hero: On Tour
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Mario Kart: DS

1. Pokemon Diamond

Well, DUH!

2. Animal Crossing: Wild World

As ZC put it...OH GOD YES.

Even though I lost the one that works. But still.

3. Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time.

:D

4. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

More :D

5. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2

OH GOD YES MORE.

#5 Phoenix Wright: Trails and Tribulations

Was fun, but not really much replay value unless you put it down for awhile

#4 The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Great game, but the seafaring kills some of the experience

#3 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team

I don't have the newer ones yet D: And playing this game without the use of the L or R buttons sucks

#2 Harvest Moon DS

Yet again, no shoulder buttons = x.x

#1 Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl

...Guess...

1. I'm gonna put the Ace Attorney games as one game because otherwise slot 1-4 would be them all. I don't ramble on about them constantly just to annoy you - they are seriously awesome.

2. Mario Kart DS; few games are more fun in multiplayer. You haven't lived unless you've played this with seven other screaming people.

3. Pokemon D/P. Not my favourite gen, but still good fun.

4. Trauma Center: Under the Knife - I'm hopelessly bad at it, but it's great fun, and the closest I'll ever be allowed to get to an il person X3

5. Puyo Pop Fever! - It's a terrible game, but it's stupidly addictive and absurdly fun in multiplayer mode :D

I, coincidentally, own 6 DS games.

1. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
2. Pokemon Diamond
3. Pokemon Ranger
4. The Sims 2 Pets
5. Wild Petz Dolphinz
Runner Up: Catz 2

You can tell that either I play Pokemon or virtual pet games :3

1) Mario Kart DS
2) Super Mario 64 DS
3) Pokemon Diamond
4) LoZ: Phantom Hourglass