• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If you had a Pokemon Gym...

If you had a Pokemon gym, what type would it be and what Pokemon would the gym trainers have?

Mine would be a fire type gym.

Trainer 1: Slugma
Numel

Trainer 2: Vulpix
Ninetales

Trainer 3: Combusken
Charmeleon
Monferno
Quilava

Trainer 4: Magmar
Ponyta

Me: Charizard
Blaziken
Typhlosion
Infernape
Ninetales
Camerupt

I'd make my gym a dark/psychic type. Here are some Pokemon the trainers would have:

Umbreon, Espeon <- Leaders Only
Final stage of Ralts (forgot its name), Murkrow, Houndoom, Gengar (ghost/poison, but whatever), Xatu, Girafiga (um, however it's spelled), and, finally, MEW!

I guess I'd have a Flying gym that actually used Flying-types, not just the ones that look like birds. Don't get me wrong; I love the birdlike Pokemon, but it's only fair that some others get a look-in, too.

I dunno about Trainers, but I'd have devilishly hard gym puzzles because they're fun >D

I'd like to have a Poison-type gym that's closely associated with a pokemon laboratory in the same city. I suppose a bit like the whole Cinnabar Island thing. GymLeaderMe and most of the gym trainers would be researchers from the lab, but there might be like a biker or two or something. There'd be a lot of Grass/Poison users.

My leet gym lineup would probably be something like Vileplume, Victreebel, Arbok, Venomoth, and Toxicroak. Yeah. (Heeey, they're all first-gen except one!)

Last edited:
I'd be a Normal-type leader. :D

Let's see...

Junior Trainers: one to three of the following Pokemon:
-Meowth
-Buneary
-Glameow
-Chansey
-Togetic

Leader Kati:

Persian (m) @ Sitrus Berry
Technition
-Aerial Ace
-Fake Out
-Pay Day
-Night Slash

Kangaskhan (f) @ Persim Berry
Scrappy
-Return
-Outrage
-Drain Punch
-Crunch

Puruguly (f)
Own Tempo
-Slash
-Attract
-Faint Attack
-Hypnosis

Blissey (f) @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
-Ice Beam
-Softboiled
-Minimize
-Double Edge

:D

I'd have an Electric Gym, even though there's been one in every...single...game.

Anywho,

Trainer One: Electrike, Mareep

Trainer Two: Pikachu, Shinx

Trainer Three: Elekid

Me me me meeeeee: Raichu, Luxio, Manectric, Ampharos, Lanturn

...Imagine a pokemonised version of the Temple of lightning from Tales of Symphonia

...And that's that.

My gym would be a multi-type gym, similar to GSC!Viridian's gym with leader!me having a balanced, multi-type team, but with a long, overly complex puzzle consisting of colored keys, five floors and an elevator leading to an underground stadium to solve, plenty of Jr. Trainers, and a hella lot of obstacles.

My team would be:
-Gardevoir
-Glaceon
-Typhlosion
-Skarmory
-Lickilicky
-Marowak

I would have a gym with all the types of pokemon, one/a few of each. There'd be around 4 or trainers with 3 pokemon each or so. And as for myself, the leader, I'd have this team:
Charizard
Absol
Suicune
Raikou
Quilava
Espeon

I know it has 2 legends but that's my actual team....please don't critique on it. :/
My badge would also be called the Variety Badge, for being able to defeat all the different types of pokemon.

My gym would be Poison-type. 8th gym in the Sinnoh region. But it would be the V-type gym if I could make one.

Gym Leader Vesta
Venusaur lv. 46
Toxic, Double Edge, Petal Dance, Razor Leaf
Victreebel lv. 43
Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Stockpile, Swallow
Vileplume lv. 43
Toxic, Mega Drain, Stun Spore, Aromatherapy
Venomoth lv. 45
Zen Headbutt, Signal Beam, Toxic, Sleep Powder

I wouldn't have a TM, but I would offer to teach Vital Throw to a Pokemon. My puzzle would be a maze of one-tile-wide paths surrounded by poison pools. There would be trainers at dead ends.

They all start with V and I like it! :D That's what my gym would be if I owned one.

Last edited:
I'd definitely have a psychic gym. Probably 6 or 7th gym :\

Trainer 1:
Kirlia
Kadabra
Kirlia
Nat

Trainer 2:
Girafirig (I think that's how you spell it)
SlowBro

Trainer 3:
Kadabra
Mr. Mime

Trainer 4:
Xat (The tall bird thing)
Gardevoir

Me:
Slowbro
Mr. Mime
Alakazam
Gallade

Hell yeah.

I'd have a Water gym, even though they're everywhere. It'd have underwater parts and a maze to go along with them.
Junior trainers would use these:
-Staryu
-Horsea/Seadra
-Poliwhirl
-Seaking
-Dratini/Dragonair
-Quagsire

My lineup would look something like this:
Gyarados@Scope Lens
-Dragon Dance
-Aqua Tail
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Gastrodon@Leftovers
-Surf
-Stockpile
-Recover
-Ice Beam

Tentacruel@Sitrus Berry
-Sludge Bomb
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Barrier

Lanturn@Brightpowder
-Double Team
-Surf
-Protect
-Thunderbolt
Something like that.

Ooooh. I'd have a Ground/Rock/Fighting gym. Now, when you enter the gym, you immediately fall into this pit. You have to manipulate Strength, Rock Smash and your brain to get out. Oh, and there's a bunch of trainers in there. Then, there's a ton of trick tiles. You misstep, and you're back in the pit. Then, there's this ridiculously hard puzzle that causes you to use strength almost obsessively. You step through the door into a DIFFERENT pit. Once you find your way out of that one, you must fight three trainers and (Mwahahahahahahaha) they ask you questions about the Ground, Rock and Fighting types. I you answer them wrong, you must battle another trainer. And when you reach me, you probably lose.

My Pokemon are:

Hippowdon
Gallade
Golem
Machamp
Sandslash
Groudon(Maybe. If not, my gym is Groudon's shrine. And I have an Onix of a ridiculous level.)

My Gym would be a mixed type, and it'd be the 8th gym:

Trainer 1:
Wynaut
Wobbuffet

Trainer 2:
Kirlia
Cascoon
Dustox

Me:
Lairon (Level 45)
Kirlia (Level 43)
Aggron (Level 49)
Gardevoir (Level 47)
Grumpig (Level 46)
Beautifly (Level 50)

Mine would also be a mixed team. My gym would be an extra optional one that you could try to defeat after the Elite Four.

Trainer 1:
Tyranitar Lv.75
Magikarp Lv.50

Trainer 2:
Salamence Lv.75
Magikarp Lv.60

Trainer 3:
Metagross Lv.75
Magikarp Lv. 70

Trainer 4:
Garchomp Lv.75
Magikarp Lv.80

Trainer 5:
Rhypherior Lv.75
Magmortar Lv.75
Electrivire Lv.75
Magikarp Lv.90

Trainer 6:
Magikarp Lv.100
Magikarp Lv.100
Magikarp Lv.100

Me:
Tauros Lv.90
Victreebel Lv.85
Gengar Lv.95
Charizard Lv.90
Lapras Lv.95
Dragonite Lv.100

Yes, definately the hardest gym ever. By the way, all of the Magikarps are fully EV trained in attack and speed, and they know Splash, Tackle, and Flail.

Last edited:
Ground

I would have Cubone, Gastrodon, Larvitar and Gligar

cuz y'know I'd be completely NON lame and actually make myself defeatable by not having ridiculously high levelled pokemon with bloody items and stuff

My TM could be Earthquake, since... there's only 2 ground TMs

and for the getting-to-the-leader puzzle, I'd make it a complete bastard to do because there's ALWAYS ONE (Saffron, Mahogany, Mossdeep, Snowpoint)

a fire gym (doy)
uhh the gym itself would have fire pillars everywhere and would look awesome
my minions would have stuff like ponyta, slugma, vulpix etc.
my team would be chimchar, monferno, combusken, ninetales, arcanine.... and a clefable to surprise you P:
my signature move would be flamethrower cuz it's cool
and they'd all be wearing blackglasses... so they look like dudes (i'd wear some too)
we'd kick butt until a water type kills me

Back
Top Bottom