• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I say "fuck" a *lot*

Zhorken

groove out!
Pronoun
they or she
Right so we were curious, so I wrote a little script to go through #tcod.log (the current one dates back to March 24) and count how many times each person said "fuck", then list them in order.

Code:
zhorken@ocelot:~$ ack-grep -i "(<[^ ]*>|\* [^ ]*) .*fuck" ~/IRC\ logs/Veekun/#tcod.log | perl -e 'my %fucks; while (<>) { /(<|\* )([^ >]*)/; $fucks{$2} += s/fuck/fuck/ig; } print "$fucks{$_} $_\n" foreach keys %fucks;' | sort -rn
1081 Zhorken
548 Xikaze
266 surskitty
241 NWT
216 Eevee
197 Tailsy
160 Feralig8tr
130 Furret
113 Verne
101 Charteon
93 MidnightSaboteur
76 Harlequin
73 Riiko
44 zn3t
41 Shiva64
39 opaltiger
37 Butterfree
35 Xi[zzz]
24 Kaito
24 CapitainJay
21 Midnight
21 bose
20 Zhorkupo
20 Valor
16 G8tr
13 Koori_Renchuu
12 ss|ill
12 Espeon
11 Zhorkitty
11 Walker
11 Sireafi
11 CaptainJay
10 ss|busy
10 PichuK
8 KillerQueen
7 Dewgong
6 Zhorcanine
6 H-land
5 Zhorkchu
5 ss|dead
5 Scizor
5 Harlequin|FFIX
5 Citrabui
4 opal
4 Furret__
4 Faltzer
3 Zyn
3 Zhorkquaza
3 Xikanine
3 Ikubui
3 CaptainPlant
2 Zhorxray
2 Zhorken2
2 Zhorken_
2 XS-Nitrogen
2 Xi[zzzzz]
2 xi[zzz]
2 Xikaze1
2 Thomas
2 Snickers
2 PrincessToadstool_
2 Pan
2 opal|away
2 nazu
2 Metabui
2 Latiass
2 JD|ill
2 JD_
2 JD
2 Iibui
2 G8tr_
2 Furret_
2 Espeob
2 DoubleEntendreLad
2 Cryssie
1 Zny
1 Youkai
1 Xi[nap]
1 Verne_
1 TheHyena
1 Snuggle
1 ScizorBRAWL
1 Runner
1 PurpleKecleon
1 PrincessToadstool
1 Owner
1 opal|TF2
1 opal|slp
1 opalfree
1 opal|book
1 Lorem_Ipsum
1 lapZhorken
1 Keta
1 JTC
1 I-Fail
1 H-land|Sleep
1 Furret|TF2
1 Furret|away
1 Fluffy
1 Erika
1 elyvorg
1 CNiall
1 Cloudy_dazz
1 Chibisaur

I am so proud of myself. :'3

EDIT: It is slightly biased; I am present for all my iterations of "fuck", and miss some of other people's. I am in the channel 90% of the time, though, even when I'm not actually at my computer, so I'd likely still win by a fairly large margin.

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm only sixth. This is a terrible day for my nation. Note to fucking self, fucknig swear more. Fuck.

I'm not on there, because I've never been to #tcod. More to the point, even if I did go there, I still wouldn't be on that list. Hooray for no swearing!

I could call you racist for saying that. Swearing is a deeply-ingrained part of my culture.

Because I never feel the need to use a few stupid-sounding words, many of which have something to do with feces?

Because I never feel the need to use a few stupid-sounding words, many of which have something to do with feces?
Thar's very wordist, ZC. There are millions of words in this fine language and each has an equal right to be spoken, regardless of their dirtiness, supposed stupidity, or affiliation to excrement.

@Tailsy - thought so. Silly American-made Firefox with it's American-based spellchecker.

I have no fucking clue why anybody would want to cuss so goddamn much. I mean seriously, it just makes you sound like a fucking dumbass and it pisses a lot of people off. Stop talking like your mouths are full of shit, guys. Jeez. >:|

"Fuck" is the finest of many fine words. Although "subsequent" and "ubiquitous" do come close.

I have no fucking clue why anybody would want to cuss so goddamn much. I mean seriously, it just makes you sound like a fucking dumbass and it pisses a lot of people off. Stop talking like your mouths are full of shit, guys. Jeez. >:|

Eh, I usually reserve it for when I'm very pissed off, or when non-swearwords aren't strong enough adjectives.

@Zhorken: Have you never witnessed the delights of "bugger"? Or "arse"?

Bugger is annoying, but I've always quite liked cunt and arse.

Hmm I'm not sure that sentence came out right.

Back
Top Bottom