• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Arylett Dawnsborough vs. Seritinajii

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
aaaa I just realized there's no "Fork" button D: Now I have to manually c/p stuff and blah.

Arylett said:
2 vs 2 single

Style: Switch

DQ: A week should suffice.

Damage Cap: 30%

Banned Moves: OHKOs and any recovery moves.

Arena: The Sewers

Deep underneath a hustling and bustling city are its old decrepit sewers. In here, trainers and Pokemon stand atop filthy sewage water. With dank rusty ancient pipes above their heads. Each round, unless the Pokemon has the Immunity ability or is of the Poison-type, it has a 5% chance of getting poisoned.

Arylett's active squad: [Noah] Treecko (M) - [Atnura] Poochyena (F) <Run Away> - [Viale] Wurmple (M) - [Nocielle] Electrike (F) <Static> - [Alterra] Trapinch (F) <Hyper Cutter>

Seritinajii's active squad: [Splashy] Mudkip (M) - [Ninia] Ralts (F) <Synchronize> - [Ruby] Aron (F) <Rock Head> - [Hokage] Houndour (M) <Flash Fire>

And the coin toss says:
Seri sends out a Pokémon
Arylett sends out and attacks
Seri attacks
I ref
So on and so forth.

I send out my loyal Houndour, Hokage!

So, Kratos, you live in Orange? There's a city in my state called that. That must be it, right?

No, actually, I don't live there; I was just bored when filling out the profile and entered a bunch of colors, if you'd look at the rest of it. ^^; We're not in the same state, trust me.

Okay, I send out Nocielle, my Electrike. (Whoo, first ASB battle, I'm excited. :D) Let me see... I'll start us off with this:

Thunder Wave ~ Quick Attack ~ Thunderbolt

Okay Hokage =D I'm happy ASB is back too. Good luck!

Thunder Wave, eh? I guess we'll do the same with Will-o-wisp. Then use a nice Flamethower while Noicielle's close to you. Finally end it with a Protect from that Thunderbolt. You don't wanna get too hurt.

Will-o-Wisp ~ Flamethrower ~ Protect

I was just starting to write this up when I realized I have a question. The arena description says that you're all standing atop filthy sewage water... what does that mean? Are the Pokémon standing in shallow water? Are they on the two walkways you usually see along the walls in sewers? are they Jesus and actually walking on water I'm a little confused.

Oh, I'm so sorry. They're all standing on shallow water. It's not very deep, just about up to their feet. Eep, I should've been more clear. Wow, magical Jesus Pokemon.

Arylett Dawnsborough vs. Seritinajii, Round One

Pre-Round Stats:

Team Dawnsborough (2/2 Pokémon Remaining)

Electrike
Nocielle (F) [Static]
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Nocielle's Commands:
Thunder Wave ~ Quick Attack ~ Thunderbolt

Team Seritinajii (2/2 Pokémon Remaining)

Houndour
Hokage (M) [Flash Fire]
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Hokage's Commands:
Will-O-Wisp ~ Flamethrower ~ Protect

Deep underneath a hustling and bustling city are its old decrepit sewers. In here, trainers and Pokemon stand atop filthy sewage water. With dank rusty ancient pipes above their heads. Each round, unless the Pokemon has the Immunity ability or is of the Poison-type, it has a 5% chance of getting poisoned.

Dank and unmaintained sewers, their pipes full of stagnant wastewater, germs, unsavory creatures and goodness knows what else, are not particularly safe or pleasant places to stage Pokémon battles involving anything not named Grimer or Muk. One would think that the horrible smell alone would be enough to deter people from coming down here, let alone the insufficient light and horrible diseases just waiting to be contracted, but apparently Arylett Dawnsborough and Seritinajii are willing to overlook all this. (God knows how or why.) Both young trainers trudge through the brackish liquid and try their best not to lose their last meals as they stop several yards away from each other; adding their stomach contents to the sewage that's already there, after all, wouldn't help the Pokémon they are about to release in the slightest. Unless they were Grimers, maybe. And neither Nocielle the Electrike nor Hokage the Houndour, both of whom materialize with two flashes of bright red light, is a Grimer. Both canids cringe immediately at the stench that hits their sensitive noses; Hokage in particular is most upset as he looks around and realizes that he's standing in water. He doesn't like water, especially not the smelly and unhealthy kind. Nevertheless, he doesn't want to let his trainer down and so prepares to grit his teeth and bear the discomfort.

Round One: Begin!

Eager to get out of the muck that is soaking her paws, making her dirty and offending her poor nose, Nocielle wastes no time making her first move. The Electrike barks sharply as more electricity builds up in her body, sparks leaping and dancing around her green fur. Before Hokage can so much as react a thin bolt of electrical energy streaks away from Nocielle and strikes him, scrambling his nerves and compromising his muscles; the Houndour whines and sinks down, nearly submerging his muzzle in the fetid water in the process. It takes him several moments to wrestle with his muscles and force himself to stand, and when he does so he is quite livid. Paralyze him, will she, make it harder for him to move around in this already godawful wetness, will she? Hokage's eyes flash angrily and eerie, bluish flames begin to appear in his mouth and snake around his fangs. With a hiss he blows the streamer of ghostly fire at his opponent. The flames move through the damp air at a fairly sedate pace, twirling, swaying and flickering slightly as they make their way towards Nocielle. She, for her part, finds herself mesmerized by their movement. It's so pretty... in a creepy sort of way. So entranced is she by their dance that she fails to notice how close the will-o-wisp has drawn until it is too late; the flames hit her full on in the face and burn the skin on her snout. Nocielle howls and rubs at the singed flesh with her paw, but the fact that it is dripping with the foul, contaminated sewer runoff only makes it sting even worse.

[Nocielle: -1H, -2E, burned, stinging] - [Hokage: -0H, -2E, paralyzed, very annoyed]

Nocielle growls and rockets forward as fast as she can; the water she is splashing through impedes her speed somewhat, but she is more than fast enough to land an impressively quick hit on the Houndour. Upset as she is the Electrike sinks her teeth into Hokage's leg, biting down painfully and forcing him off-balance. He stumbles and hits the water for real this time, his face and gnawed foreleg splashing into the slime. Hokage panics and thrashes; not only is he not enjoying being so wet, but the sewage is stinging his open wound and rather a lot of it has gotten into his mouth. Nocielle does her best to smirk despite the horrible burning sensation on her muzzle. Said smirk, unfortunately for her, is completely obliterated by a point-blank flamethrower from Hokage. Once again she yelps and howls as fire, this time an angry red and much more intense, washes over her already injured face. Hokage sighs audibly as he finishes his attack; he feels better after the hot, purifying flames have killed all of the germs and the nasty taste in his mouth.

[Nocielle: -12H, -2E, burned, badly singed and uncomfortable] - [Hokage: -7H, -3E, paralyzed, a little relieved]

The battle hasn't even reached the end of its first round and already Nocielle is sick and tired of this stupid Houndour and his stupid fire. She can play with the elements, too, and she damn well intends to show him how it's done. Her fur begins to spark again but much more violently now as she charges up a sizeable amount of electricity, and with a scream she launches a wicked thunderbolt straight at her target. Hokage, still twitching slightly and holding his bitten leg up above the water, closes his eyes as the flash of white light and energy races toward him... and stops cold, fizzling away into nothing several inches in front of his head. Nocielle stares at Hokage in disbelief--what the heck just happened? The Houndour simply sneers at the other puppy, wagging his stubby tail with satisfaction. Protect one, annoying green girl dog zero.

[Nocielle: -0H, -3E, burned, frustrated] - [Hokage: -0H, -6E, paralyzed, pleased]

Round One: Close

Whatever discomfort Hokage and Nocielle were experiencing at the beginning of the battle has increased a great deal, as both Pokémon are suffering from poor health already in addition to the sickening mess of the sewers. At least Hokage's mood has improved ever-so-slightly; Nocielle, in contrast, finds herself miserable, with one of her best attacks having failed spectacularly and her face in a lot of pain. That Houndour is going to pay for this.

Post-Round Stats

Electrike
Nocielle (F) [Static]
Health: 84%
Energy: 93%
Status: Burned (moderate, 3% per round); face really, really hurts

Houndour
Hokage (M) [Flash Fire]
Health: 93%
Energy: 89%
Status: Paralyzed (light); wet and stiff but feeling good otherwise

Arena Status: Nothing has changed.

Ref's Notes
-I'm still making some adjustments to my reffing scale/method after the explosion (and after deciding I wanted to do it anyway), so bear with me. For now, this should be pretty close to Negrek's official scale. If anything seems horrifically off, let me know. Sorry you've got to be my guinea pigs here.
-Quick Attack scored a critical hit.
-Seritinajii attacks first next round.​

Last edited:
Okay, good work Hokage! Keep it up. First start off with Smog, to maybe poison Nocielle. Then use Nasty Plot. You're cooking up quite a nasty plot.... finally, use Dark Pulse. But if she uses Protect, then use

Smog ~ Nasty Plot ~ Dark Pulse/Spite if Protect

Oh yes, Nocielle, yes... The Houndour will pay... ;;Ack, sewage, gags;; Urk, this stuff smells terrible... I just got a huge whiff of it.

Now then, I know you're hurting, but it's going to help! Trust me. Give him a Facade, see how he likes that. And then use Swagger! Make him feel the frustration you feel! Lastly, let's try another Thunderbolt! Hmm, yes. That is what I want you to do. Now do it well... do it well... or no supper for you tonight.

Facade ~ Swagger ~ Thunderbolt

Arylett Dawnsborough vs. Seritinajii, Round Two

Pre-Round Stats:

Electrike
Nocielle (F) [Static]
Health: 84%
Energy: 93%
Status: Burned (moderate, 3% per round); face really, really hurts
Nocielle's Commands:
Facade ~ Swagger ~ Thunderbolt

Houndour
Hokage (M) [Flash Fire]
Health: 93%
Energy: 89%
Status: Paralyzed (light); wet and stiff but feeling good otherwise
Hokage's Commands:
Smog ~ Nasty Plot ~ Dark Pulse/Spite

The drip, drip of green slime falling off of the ceiling and into the murk below continues on in the background, an eerie sound that makes all present feel quite uncomfortable. Not that anyone was feeling particularly cozy to begin with; comfort is, understandably, difficult to find in a neglected sewer, and even moreso when one has been burned or perhaps paralyzed. Everyone seems to be in agreement that getting out of here post-haste is the logical course of action, and so Hokage and Nocielle steel themselves and prepare to get this battle over with as fast as possible.

Round Two: Begin!

A furious howl rips out of Nocielle's throat as the Electrike rushes forward, eyes burning with rage as hot as any of Hokage's flames. Water splashes everywhere, including over Nocielle's injured face, but she pays the septic stinging no mind. Snarling, she slams her full weight into her opponent's body and knocks them both into the sewage, thrashing, biting and scratching mercilessly. Hokage yelps and flails helplessly, completely taken aback by the assault and unable to fend his attacker off. Satisfied at last, Nocielle backs away, panting heavily. Hokage is now just as miserable as she is, but at a price. All of the disgusting water the two kicked up in their struggle has gotten into their wounds properly and has started spreading a nasty infection. Still, Nocielle is willing to ignore this for now. No time for feeling sick or sorry for herself when she's got a bone to pick with the little black-and-tan idiot over there. Hokage whimpers as he forces himself to stand again. Unlike Nocielle he can feel the terrible stinging in his leg as the bacteria begins to take effect, and he isn't happy about it. The Houndour snorts and growls irritably--and then snorts again, much louder and more forcefully this time. A thick, black cloud drifts out of his nostrils and wafts toward Nocielle; it wraps languidly around her head and she lets out a little yelp of her own as it burns her tender face and causes her to choke slightly.

[Nocielle: -2H, -6E, poisoned, burned, hopping mad] - [Hokage: -12H, -2E, poisoned, paralyzed, in pain]

Nocielle isn't done yet. Still determined to make her foe as upset and miserable as absolutely possible, she switches tactics: instead of causing him physical pain, she's going to mess with his head instead. The Electric-type sneers and laughs derisively at Hokage, turning around and shaking her bottom as lewdly as she can. The jibes, insults and inappropriate comments about him and his mother incense Hokage to the point of madness; all pain and discomfort is immediately forgotten as he swears to punish Nocielle with all he's got. But just how to do it... hmmm... Hokage sits down and scowls as he thinks hard about it. True, it's difficult to concentrate with Nocielle's taunting and swaggering still fresh in his mind, but that only serves to make the fiendish plans he develops all the more wild and twisted. Nocielle is sobered when she sees the terrible grin on the Houndour's face and backs up, a little uncertain. What is he thinking about...?

[Nocielle: -0H, -2E, poisoned, burned, a little worried] - [Hokage: -0H, -3E, attack +2, sp. attack +2, poisoned, paralyzed, confused, devising cruel and twisted murder plots]

Hokage might be planning something, but Nocielle is certain she's got the upper hand. And now that he's distracted with his little evil-genius delusions, she's got the perfect opportunity to strike. A second thunderbolt comes tearing across the water and electrocutes the wet Hokage, who has no way of protecting himself this time. He jerks and convulses as the raw electricity surges through his body, and when it finally makes its exit he hits the water yet again. And he doesn't get up for quite a while, either; the extra electricity aggravates his paralysis, causes him to lose control of his muscles and forces him to lay still, waiting for an opportunity to be able to move again.

[Nocielle: -0H, -3E, poisoned, burned, that's more like it!] - [Hokage: -11H, -0E, attack +2, sp. attack +2, poisoned, paralyzed, confused, too stiff and twitchy to move]

Round Two: Close

It is Nocielle's turn to smile and wag her tail, pleased with what she's been able to accomplish so far. Now that she's a little calmer, though, she can't help but notice that her face is hurting like crazy and she's starting to feel a little under the weather. Her condition is nothing compared to Hokage's however. He's fairly sure he's never felt worse in his life; he'd be even more certain if he could actually think clearly at the moment.

Post-Round Stats

Electrike
Nocielle (F) [Static]
Health: 76%
Energy: 82%
Status: Poisoned (moderate, 3% each round); Burned (moderate, 3% per round); vengeance is sweet!

Houndour
Hokage (M) [Flash Fire]
Health: 67%
Energy: 84%
Status: Confused (moderate); Poisoned (moderate, 3% each round); Paralyzed (light); Attack +2; Special Attack +2; furious and frustrated

Ref's Notes
-Blame any typographical errors on me having to adjust to my new glasses.
-All of the water Nocielle and Hokage splashed around has infected their injuries, effectively moderately poisoning both of them.
-Hokage was fully paralyzed on the third action.
-Arylett attacks first next round.​

Very good, Nocielle, very good! I'm impresed, oh so proud of you~ Just hang in there, because I certainly am too. ;;Still gagging from the raw sewage;;

So let's mess with that Houndour's head some more, give him a Double Team just to confuse him even more. (Make two clones of yourself) Oh, but we're not finished there, oh no... Turn on the charm, Nocielle, let him see how beautiful you really are with Attract. Lastly, let's try another Facade, ahaha, because I'm sure you want to give that Houndour some more pounding. But if he uses Protect, then just relax, take a Chill pill, my friend.

Double Team (Two clones) ~ Attract ~ Facade/Chill if Protect is used

Last edited:
Hang on, Hokage! I know we can do this! Just try to stay focused. I know you're in a lot of pain right now, but please try. So I guess start with Odor Sleuth - to sniff out the real Nocielle. Then use Dark Pulse to try and discourage Nocielle from Attracting you with stuff like how she's not pretty or something. Finally, match Nocielle with a Facade.

Odor Sleuth ~ Dark Pulse ~ Facade

Arylett Dawnsborough vs. Seritinajii, Round Three

Pre-Round Stats:

Electrike
Nocielle (F) [Static]
Health: 76%
Energy: 82%
Status: Poisoned (moderate, 3% each round); Burned (moderate, 3% per round); vengeance is sweet!
Nocielle's Commands:
Double Team (2 clones) ~ Attract ~ Facade/Chill

Houndour
Hokage (M) [Flash Fire]
Health: 67%
Energy: 84%
Status: Confused (moderate); Poisoned (moderate, 3% each round); Paralyzed (light); Attack +2; Special Attack +2; furious and frustrated
Hokage's Commands:
Odor Sleuth ~ Dark Pulse ~ Facade

Congratulating herself on a proper Thunderbolt well done, Nocielle shakes herself and prepares to bring even more disorientation and general hurt to Hokage as the third round opens. Still quite upset with his opponent and not liking the "I'm going to bring you more disorientation and general hurt" expression on Nocielle's face, the Houndour knows he has to think fast to get this battle back under control. Now if only he could actually think clearly... that would probably be a good first step, yeah.

Round Three: Begin!

Nocielle doesn't relish the prospect of doing more splashing around in the brackish sewer water; her face is already tender enough, thanks. Still, if it means that irritating Hokage guy will have even more trouble attacking her... the little green dog runs in a tight circle, pushing herself faster and faster despite the slime she kicks up into her face. In a matter of seconds there appear to be three Nocielles where there was only one before. Hokage blinks worriedly as the Electrike and her clones settle down. He thought he was starting to get this confusion thing under control... now he's seeing triple? Not cool. But if his sense of sight is playing tricks on him, maybe his sense of smell can make up for it. He sniffs hard at the air, searching for Nocielle's scent. It's hard to pick out with the strong, putrid odor of the refuse in the air and with Nocielle covered in it, but he's pretty sure he can make out the scent of female Electrike. It's coming from the... the one on the right. Yeah, the rightmost one, he's pretty sure.

[Nocielle: -0H, -2E, poisoned, burned, two clones, wants to know why Hokage likes sniffing toilet water] - [Hokage: -0H, -1E, attack +2, sp. attack +2, poisoned, paralyzed, confused, not enjoying the extra noseful of literal eau de toilet]

The next thing Hokage knows the three Nocielles are fluttering their eyelids and whispering coyly at him... and for the life of him he can't figure out why. Under normal circumstances he might be rather turned on by the flirtatious words they're sending his way, but... his current state of relative befuddlement is far from "normal circumstances". Besides... there are three of them. Why are all three of them flirting with him (especially when the original one was trying to hurt him before)? Won't that create some sort of weird love... square? Rectangle? Quadrangle? Hokage is so busy trying to find just the right word for such a four-sided object that the effect of Nocielle's attract is entirely lost on him. So is his command for the action. Polygons are much more fascinating than Dark Pulse. They're so... far out, man. Those polygons. Yeaaaah.

[Nocielle: -0H, -1E, poisoned, burned, two clones, how are you too stupid to pick up on my signals D:] - [Hokage: -0H, -0E, attack +2, sp. attack +2, poisoned, paralyzed, confused, liek whoa quadrangles :D]

Irritating as it is that Hokage seems to have temporarily forgotten his anger at her (although, now she thinks about it, he probably wouldn't have fallen for her too hard if he was still angry anyway), at least Nocielle sees a free opening for an attack in Hokage's general quadrangle-induced distraction. The Electrike and her clones charge forward again, kicking up another spray of sewage as they streak toward their unsuspecting target. Unfortunately, one of the clones takes rather a lot of water in its face and side; barely substantial as it is, the clone flickers and vanishes, leaving the second clone and the real Nocielle to slam into Hokage, take him completely by surprise and start flailing away at him again. Finished with her enraged beatdown (and very careful not to splash too much water on the remaining clone), Nocielle backs away... and, to her dismay, sees Hokage barrelling straight at her with renewed fury in his eyes. Apparently Nocielle's assault was enough to jolt him out of his reverie and back into kill-annoying-girl-dog-mode, at least for now. With his foe's scent (however foul, thanks to the water) still fresh in his nose Hokage has no trouble pouncing on the real Nocielle and tearing into her with nearly twice her savage energy. A good minute of thrashing and (remaining-clone-decimating) splashing ensues, and when the water settles again Hokage is glaring down at a battered Nocielle, panting heavily and leering. Quadrangles are fun and all, but damn that felt good.

[Nocielle: -19H, -3E, poisoned, burned, the paaaiiiin] - [Hokage: -11H, -5E, attack +2, sp. attack +2, poisoned, paralyzed, confused, destrooooy]

Round Three: Close

The match at this point is still too close to call, although for the record Hokage looks better than his opponent does. Having calmed down a little bit after his facade attack he has settled back down and resumed staring at the sewer wall while pondering the meaning of the quadrangle. Nocielle, whimpering with pain, picks herself up from the foul water and looks around. Both of her clones are gone... she's sick and in pain... this sewer still sucks... and that attack freaking hurt. This is getting pretty serious.

Post-Round Stats

Electrike
Nocielle (F) [Static]
Health: 51%
Energy: 76%
Status: Poisoned (moderate, 3% each round); Burned (moderate, 3% per round); whimpering fitfully

Houndour
Hokage (M) [Flash Fire]
Health: 53%
Energy: 78%
Status: Confused (mild); Poisoned (moderate, 3% each round); Paralyzed (light); Attack +2; Special Attack +2; why, yes... vengeance is sweet. >D (also quadrangles lol)

Ref's Notes
-Hokage was fully confused on the second action and also too confused to make sense of Attract, so it failed.
-Movement while paralyzed is strenuous and so cost Hokage an extra 2% energy.
-The excessive splashing of water ruined Nocielle's clones. They're not particularly sturdy, I'm afraid.
-Seri attacks first next round.​

(lol quadrangles)

Okay Hokage, I know this isn't math class, but I don't think they're called quandrangles. I think they're quadrilaterals.

But anyway. Start with Sludge Bomb to sadden/anger Nocielle even more, if she uses Protect, then just chill a bit. Then, use Counter if Nocielle attacks, if she uses a non-attacking move then chill some more. Heh, you need rest to let the paralysis wear off, I hope. Finally, use Dark Pulse, but again, if she uses Protect, chill.

Lots of theoretical chilling. =O

Sludge Bomb/Chill (if Protect) ~ Counter/Chill (if any non-attack) ~ Dark Pulse/Chill (if Protect)

Gah, all this math. D< I hate geometry. Just the thought of shapes... errgh.. more digusting than this sewage. Nocielle, do see if you can stop him from thinking about Unholy Shapes. First off, take a deep breath and Charge your electrical energies. Then let yourself go, let all the power you've accumilated hit Hokage with a burst of Thunderbolt. And after all that, I'm sure you'll be rather exhausted. So I just want you to try and relax and Chill out for a bit.

Charge ~ Thunderbolt ~ Chill

Arylett Dawnsborough vs. Seritinajii, Round Four

Pre-Round Stats:

Electrike
Nocielle (F) [Static]
Health: 51%
Energy: 76%
Status: Poisoned (moderate, 3% each round); Burned (moderate, 3% per round); whimpering fitfully
Nocielle's Commands:
Charge ~ Thunderbolt ~ Chill

Houndour
Hokage (M) [Flash Fire]
Health: 53%
Energy: 78%
Status: Confused (mild); Poisoned (moderate, 3% each round); Paralyzed (light); Attack +2; Special Attack +2; why, yes... vengeance is sweet. >D (also quadrangles lol)
Hokage's Commands:
Sludge Bomb/Chill ~ Counter/Chill ~ Dark Pulse/Chill

Round Four: Begin!

Hokage backs up warily as he watches sparks dance along Nocielle's wet coat with more frequency and ferocity than he's ever seen before. Luckily for him, though, the female puppy is not charging up a devastating attack--she's just charging up. Nocielle, while still tiring slightly and in pain, feels invigorated as the electrical energy fills her entire body to bursting. Hokage coughs once he realizes he isn't in any immediate danger. And then coughs again. And again. Before long he is gagging and wretching violently as he staggers over to his foe. Nocielle winces and lets out a little shriek as Hokage brings up a massive glob of disgusting biotoxins and spews it at her. The ball of sludge snaps Nocielle's head downward as it lands on her and then explodes, coating her fur with an extra layer of filth and waste. Her coat has gotten rather heavy with the weight of it all, and with this addition the Electrike is finding it a little difficult to move. Not to mention horrendously smelly and nauseating.

[Nocielle: -11H, -1E, sp. defense +1, charged, poisoned, burned, sticky, slimy, sick and sad] - [Hokage: -0H, -4E, attack +2, sp. attack +2, poisoned, paralyzed, confused, I vomit in your general direction!]

Hoping that the extra heat and energy will burn off some of the sewage facial she's sporting Nocielle wastes no time attacking again. The thunderbolt she fires off this time carries with it most of the extra energy she stored up before, and when it hits Hokage it is twice as powerful as anything he's seen or experienced so far. The Houndour thrashes and flails uncontrollably as the electricity surges through him, convulsing so hard that it very nearly damages his spine. The attack subsides at last and leaves a whining Hokage slumped motionless in the water. He just can't muster the strength to move for the moment; that blast was far too painful. Not that he'd have been able to effectively counter something like that in the first place. Maybe it's just as well--it saves him the embarrassment of trying to accomplish it and failing.

[Nocielle: -0H, -6E, sp. defense +1, poisoned, burned, wishing she could do that more often] - [Hokage: -22H, -0E, attack +2, sp. attack +2, poisoned, paralyzed, confused, hurting like crazy]

Nocielle feels just a little drained after her attack sucked almost all of the extra energy out of her, and so she welcomes the chance to sit down and rest. With a little time, maybe she can acclimate to the extra weight pressing down on her. She takes a deep breath--through her mouth, of course, sparing her nose as much discomfort as she can--and tries to relax. This proves to be rather difficult once Hokage starts muttering unintelligibly under his breath. The temperature in the sewer drops a few degrees as he mumbles... or is it just Nocielle's imagination? Or... Hokage's imagination? The Houndour's dark, confused and twisted thoughts manifest themselves in a wave of black energy that rushes outward and over Nocielle. The negative energy unnerves Nocielle pretty badly and she shudders violently, all thoughts of further relaxation pushed completely out of her head. Hokage, on the other hand, feels a little better; now that he's had a chance to vent his mood has improved slightly and his mind is not as jumbled as it was before. He remembers, for example, that quadrangles are not so much shapes as they are four-sided courtyards... but then his mind wanders a little again as he thinks about how nice it would be to battle outside in such an open courtyard instead of in this fetid hellhole.

[Nocielle: -12H, +5E, sp. defense +1, poisoned, burned, horribly creeped out] - [Hokage: -0H, -2E, attack +2, sp. attack +2, poisoned, paralyzed, confused, feeling a little calmer]

Round Four: Close

Both sides took quite a hefty beating this time around, and although neither one is particularly tired both Hokage and Nocielle are in a lot of pain. Add to that the noxious atmosphere and their detereorating health, and it looks like they won't be lasting much longer down here...

Post-Round Stats

Electrike
Nocielle (F) [Static]
Health: 22%
Energy: 74%
Status: Poisoned (moderate, 3% each round); Burned (moderate, 3% per round); wants to go home now

Houndour
Hokage (M) [Flash Fire]
Health: 28%
Energy: 72%
Status: Confused (light); Poisoned (moderate, 3% each round); Paralyzed (light); Attack +2; Special Attack +2; yeah, going home sounds pretty cool right about now

Ref's Notes
-The extra weight of multiple layers of nastiness has effectively reduced Nocielle's speed slightly. Not that it's evident with Hokage's paralysis, but... yeah.
-Hokage didn't do anything on the second action because Thunderbolt is a special offensive attack, which his orders did not take into account. Or, well, even if they technically did, Thunderbolt can't be reflected with Counter.
-Dark Pulse caused Nocielle to flinch, although it didn't matter because it was at the end of the round. It did manage to reduce the amount of energy she regained, though.
-Arylett attacks first next round.​

Okay Nocielle, I know you're pretty tired right about now of this depressing dank sewer (as am I, nasty. What was I thinking when I wrote that challenge?) but don't worry, I'm going to end things in style! You wish you could do that more often? Well, let's! Charge up that energy again, release another Thunderbolt, and after that, another Thunderbolt still! But if he uses Protect during any of the actions that you use Thunderbolt, just Chill.

Charge ~ Thunderbolt/Chill if Protect is used ~ Thunderbolt/Chill if Protect is used.

Okay, Hokage, you're doing great - just hang in there. Start with a Dark Pulse again, lower her confidence and concentration while she charges. Then, use Protect - you can't afford to be Thunderbolted twice. Finally, use Flamethrower - maybe try blocking the electric? Who knows..

Dark Pulse ~ Protect ~ Flamethrower

Arylett Dawnsborough vs. Seritinajii, Round Five

Pre-Round Stats:

Electrike
Nocielle (F) [Static]
Health: 22%
Energy: 74%
Status: Special Defense +1; Poisoned (moderate, 3% each round); Burned (moderate, 3% per round); wants to go home now
Nocielle's Commands:
Charge ~ Thunderbolt/Chill ~ Thunderbolt/Chill

Houndour
Hokage (M) [Flash Fire]
Health: 28%
Energy: 72%
Status: Confused (light); Poisoned (moderate, 3% each round); Paralyzed (light); Attack +2; Special Attack +2; yeah, going home sounds pretty cool right about now
Hokage's Commands:
Dark Pulse ~ Protect ~ Flamethrower

Round Five: Begin!

Massive stores of electricity build up in Nocielle's body again, and once more Hokage finds himself backing away nervously as stray sparks fly wildly off of her sticky coat. Hoping to throw her off and maybe prevent another extremely painful attack the black dog closes his eyes and resumes muttering and cursing in a low voice. The torrent of negative energy sweeps toward Nocielle again and washes over her, chilling her and upsetting her pretty badly.

[Nocielle: -10H, -1E, sp. defense +2, poisoned, burned, charged, unnerved] - [Hokage: -0H, -2E, attack +2, sp. attack +2, poisoned, paralyzed, confused, wary]

Creepy and painful as the dark pulse was, however, it doesn't seem to have deterred the Electrike. She growls and takes a menacing step forward, daring Hokage to make a move before she fries him again. And since being fried is not a particularly pleasant experience, the move Hokage does make is to erect another shimmering barrier of translucent green energy. Nocielle pouts a little; she was really looking forward to electrocuting Hokage again. But, well, there's nothing wrong with a little rest, either. She settles down and relaxes, smirking a little as she watches her foe brace himself for an attack that will not come.

[Nocielle: -0H, +10E, sp. defense +2, poisoned, burned, charged, in pain but resting] - [Hokage: -0H, -4E, attack +2, sp. attack +2, poisoned, paralyzed, confused, wary]

...Yet. But as soon as Hokage lets the shield drop, disappointed that he wasted time lounging around behind it, Nocielle leaps to her feet and wings a super-charged thunderbolt his way. With an ear-splitting squeal Hokage hits the floor as the attack tears through him, more painful than it's ever felt before given how weak and injured he already is. When the attack stops at last Hokage does not move. This... this is just too much for one wet little hellhound puppy to handle. His nerves are so battered and frazzled from the beating he has taken that he can barely feel anything anymore... he can hardly move... his vision is swimming... but... but he can't let it end like this. The Houndour whines loudly as he strains against his muscles and forces himself to his feet one more time. He sways dangerously on the spot but wills himself to stand firm; he's going to put a stop to this mess and he's going to put a stop to it now, and he can't afford to falter. His whine gets deeper and deeper until it becomes a low, menacing snarl, and Nocielle blanches when she sees the bright orange flames building and flickering around his fangs. She shuts her eyes, ducks and braces herself, hoping against hope that he'll lock up or start thinking about quadrangles again at the last second; he's done it before, so why not now? Please now... Unfortunately for her, Hokage isn't going to let anything get his way this time. The flamethrower shoots out across the sewer and torches Nocielle, raging across every bit of her it can reach and burning her mercilessly. At last the attack stops and Hokage, panting, glares at Nocielle, certain that she's finished. To his dismay, the Electrike's green body is still twitching and she is still groaning. The Houndour sighs and hangs his head. He couldn't do it. He gave it all he had and he failed, and Nocielle will still be around long enough to finish him off...

[Nocielle: -11H, -6E, sp. defense +2, poisoned, burned, blacking out but still awake] - [Hokage: -22H, -3E, attack +2, sp. attack +2, poisoned, paralyzed, confused, barely able to move and dejected]

Round Five: Close

Nocielle smiles. Sure, it hurt like crazy, but she was able to withstand Hokage's Flamethrower. She hung tough and made it to the end of the round... but no further. Her singed body and the nasty germs running rampant through her system get the better of her at last, and the Electrike's eyes flutter shut and she sinks to the ground, unconscious. Hokage, back on the floor again, gives his own weak little smile and attempts to wag his stubby tail. The annoying green girl dog has finally been vanquished. Now that she's beaten he can feel his rage and frustration fading away, and he feels pretty serene at the moment. Or, well, that could just be the pain, exhaustion and sickness talking. Hokage was able to defeat Nocielle, but he knows that he's slipping away fast and won't be able to last down here much longer.

Post-Round Stats

Team Dawnsborough (1/2 Pokémon Remaining)

Electrike
Nocielle (F) [Static]
Health: 0%
Energy: 77%

Houndour
Hokage (M) [Flash Fire]
Health: 3%
Energy: 63%
Status: Poisoned (moderate, 3% each round); Paralyzed (light); Special Attack +2; too weak to really enjoy victory

Ref's Notes
-Sorry about how late this is D:
-Why does everyone use Thunderbolt in every battle argh I am getting sick of trying to describe it. D<
-Nocielle fainted due to poison/burn damage at the end of the round.
-Hokage's confusion wore off at the end of the round and so did the anger-fueled attack boost that came with it.
-Arylett sends out a Pokémon and then Seritinajii attacks first next round.​

Back
Top Bottom