• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ESP

Flash?
2ebvq7d.jpg

The end is nigh!

Wikipedia said:
42 (forty-two) is the natural number following 41 and preceding 43.

Sounds like a doom number to me.

But wiki isn't always right.

*sighs* No, the doom number is 666. 42 is the meaning of LIFE!

Of course, seeing the meaning of life COULD be considered a sign of the apocalypse...

616 actually.

Someone changed it to 666 because it sounded 'better'.

Last edited:
616 actually.

Someone changed it to 666 because it sounded 'better'.

No, 666 is the number that was supposed to be on the Antichrist's forehead, until someone translated the Bible properly and realied it was actually 616. Or so I heard.

Which leads to the amusing story of the bus route renumbered from 666 to 616 to avoid the evil number.

No, 666 is the number that was supposed to be on the Antichrist's forehead, until someone translated the Bible properly and realied it was actually 616. Or so I heard.

Which leads to the amusing story of the bus route renumbered from 666 to 616 to avoid the evil number.

Wait, so are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

You saw that episode of QI too I see.

Wait, so are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

You saw that episode of QI too I see.

I don't know.

And actually, I read it in the QI Book of General Ignorance.

[offtopic]Once I saw an episode in which Alan Davies won. O_o[/offtopic]

=O

I'm on that list! Holy crap! I am the meaning of life! I am the holy mothe--*shot*

*sighs* No, the doom number is 666. 42 is the meaning of LIFE!

Of course, seeing the meaning of life COULD be considered a sign of the apocalypse...
Warning: Spoilers for h2g2

You never really know the significance of the answer until you know the question. Apparently, when the number 42 appears at the end of "Mostly Harmless", the Earth, the main characters and the Guide are all destroyed in "most terrible catastrophe".

Back
Top Bottom