• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I did it again :D

shadow_lugia

Warning: May contain nuts
First, there's a little info needed.

At the school district I go to, people who meet certain requirements on their end-of-year tests (CSAP for us) get certain prizes, including soda, t-shirts, and trips to Six Flags.

So anyway, so far in my life that's been at that school district, I've earned the trip to Elitch's (which is what we call Six Flags, since it's Elitch Gardens here) every year, but I was unsure about this year because middle school was one hell of a lot harder.

But thankfully I passed :D I met the requirements three times. I increased a level in writing (CSAP has four levels of grades: Poor, Low Proficient, High Proficient, Advanced, and I was high proficient last year, and advanced this year) and kept advanced in reading and math.

So tomorrow I'll be riding roller coasters all day. And the best part is that we're going it alone this year, so we just grab the money and charge in without chaperoning groups, although you can stay together if you like. No more people bugging you to go on the Boomerang, or the Minderaser, or the Sidewinder (loops scaaaaaaare me DD:) and if I want I don't have to ride a true roller coaster at all, even the Twister II (the only roller coaster I will ever go on in my life, since it has no loops) and can just ride smaller, gentler rides (although they're still real fun) like the Lightning Bolt and the Troika. Go screw yourself Tower of Doom.

And some of the teachers will be coming too. I hope someone takes a picture of one freaking out :D That would be gold.

Oh, and no outside food can be brought in. So we have to bring money to buy our own lunch. And then we can go on the Wheel World right after.

It's going to be fun.

Unfortunately, the drive takes about an hour and a half, but who cares. We can sleep then or bring stuff like MP3 Players and handheld video games and books as long as we leave them on the bus and remember to take them back home. We're going to be the first ones in the gates because the bus leaves at 7:30, which is when school starts. Getting up at 5:45 is actually quite nice sometimes.

OMFG YOU LIVE IN COLORADO, TOO?! I can't believe you don't like the tower of doom! Oh well. Mind Eraser is my favorite. I never liked Twister because it's so bumpy. And you can see the wooden beams bend when your walking to the queue line. *shudder*

@DR: I've seen the Mind Eraser before, and that doesn't mean I live in Colorado.

Anyways, congrats and all that.

Back
Top Bottom