• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

G/S/C I LEIK JOHTO MOAR

KMew

I was thinking earlier as I was playing FireRed, and it seems to me that G/S/C was my favorite series. As I remember it, there was a good bit to do. Plus, after you beat the game, you could go back to Kanto and fight all of the gym leaders there. It just seems like it had the most to do; plus there was a lot of side-quests. Well not side-quests, but wasn't there a few things to do with Misty?

What else bothers me is that Johto hasn't been in any other games. I mean, there are a few references to Johto. But it doesn't do anything. I don't really know how to explain it, but it seems like Johto is dead or something. :/

Insight? xD

Re: ...Awesome?

I completely agree. G/S/C=epic win. I'm not quite sure how to explain why I enjoy it so much, but Crystal is my favorite Pokemon game by far. I love the starter Pokemon (Typhlosion FTW), being able to go back to Kanto, the Elite Four, and I like the graphics. <3 I just adore everything about said generation.

Eh, G/S/C was alright. The only thing that really miffed me about it was how Lance was able to evolve his Dragonair while making them weaker. :unsure:

Eh, G/S/C was alright. The only thing that really miffed me about it was how Lance was able to evolve his Dragonair while making them weaker. :unsure:

lance is a gamesharker... butterfree said so herself!
I've never played GSC myself, but it sounds great! I don't have a GBC, So it's not like I really could, my oldest system =snes that my dad gave to me, oldest system I've bought new was a GCN

Erm, turbler, you can play GB/GBC games on a GBA, if you have one.

What else bothers me is that Johto hasn't been in any other games. I mean, there are a few references to Johto. But it doesn't do anything. I don't really know how to explain it, but it seems like Johto is dead or something. :/
Well, that's why some people are speculating on and/or want a GSC remake, similar to FR/LG (execpt maybe better in a few aspects). And IMO it's possible.
Johto probably hasn't been re-introduced yet like Kanto as last gen it would have been too soon, really. But now it feels more like the right time for it... if it happens that is. Nintendo so far have only said that they won't say if it will happen or not...

As for 'evidence' for a GS remake... well, first there are the numourous references in DP - for me, a tad too many really - mentions of Prof Elm, someone who talks about Whirl Islands, Clefaries on Mt Moon (GSC ingame event), and so forth... heck, Jasmine made an appearance, just to give you Waterfall - which anyone else could do.
But that ain't really evidence - what is however is coding which allows for Pokemon to came from Johto - there are two spots for that, just like there are others for Kanto, or Hoenn, etc. BUT - you can trade from GSC to DP. Unless... remake? Who knows - one will just have to wait and see.

Oh, and GSC for me was also my favourite set of games. :)

Erm, turbler, you can play GB/GBC games on a GBA, if you have one.

I find it kind of sad you can't play GB/GBC games on the DS. Oh well, that's not surprising at the same time.

G/S/C were amazing. Sad that Johto is (somewhat) forgotten, but as hinted above, there have been some hints at a remake. There's no reason they shouldn't, general opinion seems to peg them as the best.

Anybody else here saddened when their G/S/C's internal battery died? ;~;

GSC was very awesome. I often find myself starting to play Diamond, but after wandering around for a minute or two, maybe a battle, I just turn off the DS and start playing Silver. And I usually have more fun, too. The only thing is that after playing a newer game for a while, I get a little annoyed at the box system, but that doesn't really matter.

I also have a new burst in GSC-love because I caught my FIRST EVER shiny the other day in Crystal.

And, happily, my internal battery is still going strong. But I do feel bad for the people who've had their batteries die.

I completely agree with this thread.

I loved these games so much that the first time I saw Silver at a car boot sale, I took the opportunity without hesitating. The graphics are terrible, nut I don't care. I play it more often than Diamond and Fire Red put together.

I hope they do make a remake.

I think it means time-specific events won't be able to happen, like the haircut brothers etc.

No, I believe the internal battery helps with the whole 'holding a save file' thing.

Totally agreed. G/S/C was the best. My Crystal is still good-to-go, and I just started a new game on it yesterday. I'm having a blast. X3
I'll be sad when that one goes...

Oh, wow. So that's what happened to my Gold. xD I remember when I would just leave on and charging all day, but not knowing how exactly what happened.

G/S/C is amazing. I bought a (used) copy of Silver at Gamestop a few months ago, it was busted, but they had another one, which works! I remember one awesome game I did...I got a Graveler, Forretress, and Quilava, and also was going to add a Sunflora and the Red Gyarados to my team. Then one morning that I had my friend over...

Friend: Oh hi! I played some of Silver last night.
Me: Oh, good.
Friend: I got a Sun Stone to evolve your Sunkern.
Me (Is ecstatic): Really?
Friend: Yeah. Hey, is the Red Gyarados hard to capture?
Me: No, it's just as easy to capture as any other Pokemon. Why?
Friend: Well I ran into it last night ((Just so you know, I hadn't beaten Jasmine yet at this point)) and I defeated it because I thought it was hard to capture.
Me (Dying inside): Oh, that's okay. (I go to turn on my game) Let's check Sunflora's stats. Let's see...Mega Drain, Growth...CUT? FLASH??
Friend: Oh yeah, I couldn't get through that mountain thing so I needed someone with Flash.
Me: ;_;

There went one of my favorite teams, down the tube.

G/S/C is amazing. I bought a (used) copy of Silver at Gamestop a few months ago, it was busted, but they had another one, which works! I remember one awesome game I did...I got a Graveler, Forretress, and Quilava, and also was going to add a Sunflora and the Red Gyarados to my team. Then one morning that I had my friend over...

Friend: Oh hi! I played some of Silver last night.
Me: Oh, good.
Friend: I got a Sun Stone to evolve your Sunkern.
Me (Is ecstatic): Really?
Friend: Yeah. Hey, is the Red Gyarados hard to capture?
Me: No, it's just as easy to capture as any other Pokemon. Why?
Friend: Well I ran into it last night ((Just so you know, I hadn't beaten Jasmine yet at this point)) and I defeated it because I thought it was hard to capture.
Me (Dying inside): Oh, that's okay. (I go to turn on my game) Let's check Sunflora's stats. Let's see...Mega Drain, Growth...CUT? FLASH??
Friend: Oh yeah, I couldn't get through that mountain thing so I needed someone with Flash.
Me: ;_;

There went one of my favorite teams, down the tube.

Eeek, that's horrible. I remember once I had a level 80 Golem on my Fr version, and my sister played the game and released it.

Because she thought it was ugly.

Gold and Silver Were the best they still had the old good game mechanics then. Now they are just making it look fancy and screwing the Game mechanics down to a much lower level. Besides in G/S/C I enjoyed the time feature and I wasn't happy when they got rid of it. They just had a ton of stuff in it and the radio idea and the bug catching contests were awesome.

Back
Top Bottom