• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What will the future be like?

Dark Tyranitar

Is it progress if a cannibal uses knife and fork?
This is pretty self-explanatory. Just post your ideas, hopes, and wild thoughts about the future here.
  • I think that eventually, lightning will be one of our main sources of energy.
  • It would be interesting if some sort of teleportation was created, such as being able to access actual places and go to them through some form of the internet, or something
  • It is a possibility that virtual reality games and holograms will become abundant within fifty years.

There's a system.

We tell everyone it's going to be terrible, especially where it hits closest. If your target is Romanian, tell them disaster in Romania. If your target is Peruvian, tell them disaster in Peru. It's happened in America in regards to the environmental movement- look at the government protection acts that inspired the movement overseas! (of course this movement's weakened as of late compared to the zealous Europeans and Japanese and whatnot)

People are motivated by fear, especially when that fear is close to home. If disaster is overseas, the most they will feel is compassion and it's a sorry fact that compassion is a much weaker motivator than fear.

I think the world's heading for some form of disaster.

Okay.

At CTY this year my TA said that in about 10 years because our population will be 'too much' for the planet a plague will come [apparently scientists have found them to be periodic] and wipe out most of the humans, as overabused antibiotics are causing our immune systems to evolve into crappier forms. [like what I said in Keta's Transhumanism thread-thingy in the Debating Hall.] But then the people who survive will be the winners of natural selection and then proceed to continue our race. :P

Yeah, Keta, the world's heading fer disaster. Let's cross our fingers and hope for good immune systems.

BILLIONS OF YEARS AGO INTO THE FUTURE...

The sun will expand into a red giant and engulf the inner planets before collapsing in on itself in a supernova that will incinerate the multiverse most, if not all, of this solar system.

Oh wait, that's a little too much future. I dunno, but hopefully we'll have established long-distance space travel before that happens. Or before getting invaded by probably-superior aliens.

Okay.

At CTY this year my TA said that in about 10 years because our population will be 'too much' for the planet a plague will come [apparently scientists have found them to be periodic] and wipe out most of the humans, as overabused antibiotics are causing our immune systems to evolve into crappier forms. [like what I said in Keta's Transhumanism thread-thingy in the Debating Hall.] But then the people who survive will be the winners of natural selection and then proceed to continue our race. :P

Yeah, Keta, the world's heading fer disaster. Let's cross our fingers and hope for good immune systems.

Huh. I'm dead in ten years then, 'cause I'm never gonna come out on top when we're talking about Natural Selection. Thanks for letting me know.

Okay.

Overuse of antibiotics isn't making our immune systems weaker, it's making bacteria much more strong and deadly.

Natural selection doesn't happen much in humans anymore; people that should, in nature, die - premature babies, diabetics, etc - are alive because of human technology intervening. Which means the "weaker" humans aren't dying, so "bad" genes are passed down to future generations.

Bateria, on the other hand, are being given a massive helping hand my humans on their way to evolving into lethal killers. Antibiotics used to be prescribed for any bacterial infection and people tend not to finish the course of prescribed medicine once they're better. So the few bacteria that are resistant to the antibiotic are the only ones left, and can reproduce potentially limitlessly.

like the jetsons

In the future, people die.

Holograms sound dumb, though.

I think the future will be... futuristic.

Okay.

The future's bright. The future's Orange.

BILLIONS OF YEARS AGO INTO THE FUTURE...

The sun will expand into a red giant and engulf the inner planets before collapsing in on itself in a supernova that will incinerate the multiverse most, if not all, of this solar system.

Oh wait, that's a little too much future. I dunno, but hopefully we'll have established long-distance space travel before that happens. Or before getting invaded by probably-superior aliens.

I was gonna say that
and...so on.
You know, this was actually intended to be a serious thread. If you're just going to post random junk, please don't post. I'm actually wondering what people think will happen in the future (technological advantages, etc.), not that it will be like the Jetsons. Let's keep it a bit more serious.

Pretty crappy.

Oh whoops just saw your last post, haha. I'll write up a proper reply tomorrow or something as I'm going to bed now.

Back
Top Bottom