• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Contest! Woo! Yeah!

Lucas₇₅₅

Screw the rules, I have green hair!
Pronoun
he
Current contest:
Outer space. Make a sprite themed like outer space. It can be starry, voidy, planety, black holey, or just spacey in general!

Old contests:
1. Make an icy splice(y). Get creative!! Points will be awarded for use of well placed ice. In case you haven't figured it out, It doesn't need to be ice type (though it probably will be), but it has to have ice on its body. Being ice type will give it some points, though.
2.Make a furry splice. Make me want to use it a a pillow! Points will be awarded for furriness.

Winners (for old contest):
1st: PichuK
2nd: Mewtwo
3rd: Twilight Dragon
1st: PichuK
2nd: Cyndaquil
3rd: Jewel Espeon

Scoring:
Creativity: */20
[Re]Coloration: */15
Quality */30
[Topic]ness */25
How much do I like it? */10
If "[Topic]ness" is 5 or below, there will be an "x" in the "How much do I like it?" catagory. This is because how much I like it is irrelevant if the entry doesn't pertain to the topic. An "x" is equal to zero points.

General rules:
Be freaking nice!!!

No editing entries unless it's minor, but I need to see it first.
Contest ends Sunday, November 2nd, 12:00 Eastern Time.

Awards:
I can make a regular old trophy, or a userbar thing. The userbar thing will be like the one in my sig, exept colored gold for first, silver for second, and bronze for third. The text will say "[placement] - [username]." Specify if you want a trophy or a userbar in your entry post. I may do both if you ask nicely.

Entrants:
1. o_O:
RocketDeoxys14189.png

2. Jewel Espeon:
spacedragonair.png

3. Ferrikpm:
planetvoltorb.png

4. Xikaze:
gardeum1.png

Gentle[wo]men, START YOUR COMPUTERS!!!

Last edited:
That doesn't look like a splice.

It is a splice!

It has the body of a Mightyena with the head of a Mightyena. xD

I might join this. If I remember/get time.

@Mewtwo:
Okay, but get your entry in by Wednesday, 12:00 midnight.
@ Twilight Dragon:
Accepted.

One slot left!

Midnight,what time zone?
EDIT:Scratch that,here it is!
[epicfail]
iceminiv6.png
[/epicfail]

Last edited:
Haven't made any sprites lately. This looks fun!

2co64xj.png

Okay okay, it's more snow than ice. I think it's still kinda cute, though. I messed up at first and had to completely redo the sprite.

Last edited:
Please don't add in a ton of color tags. :[ I edited them out the first time because it's illegible.

Also note that sprite contests are likely to be locked after the current round's over. TOO MANY CONTESTS, NO REAL POINT FOR MOST OF THEM. [points at sticky contest]

Okay, I guess I'll just end the whole thing after judging, which will be soon now!

Here are the results!

PichuK:
zmh74p.gif

Creativity: 17/20
An ice type Mightyena. Nice idea!
[Re]Coloration: 11/15
Personally, I don't like that white. It seems a bit.. contrasting? But polar blue and white are cold colors, so that's good.
Quality: 27/30
I like how one of the ice spears juts out from the body like actual ice! One slipup, though, was that the pixels on the back of the tail are a bit blocky near the curve.
Iciness: 24/25
Now that's what I call ice! Nice job!
How much do I like it?: 8/10

Total: 87/100

Renteura:
swinocuno.png

Creativity: 16/20
I probably wouldn't have thought of this idea myself.
[Re]Coloration: 12/15
Evenly colored. No problems, but not strikingly exellent, either.
Quality: 10/30
This is where you slipped up. There are a few things wrong with this, namely that the two wings are both coming out of its left side. The tail looks a little out of place, and the eyebrow-like thing doesn't exactly fit right.
Iciness: 3/25
*Sigh*. I tried to tell you. I tried to make it baltently obvious that you needed to have ice on it, but you managed to skip over it. You

get three points for making it ice type, but no more.
How much do I like it?: x/10

Total: 41/100

Mudkipz:
24x2mok.png

Creativity: 13/20
Onix's rocks look a little like ice already...
[Re]Coloration: 13/15
Nothing to complain about.
Quality: 15/30
Well, the most obvious thing is that Onix's body flows back, but the tail additive goes over his midsection! Also, the ice spikes cut off on a straight line rather than curving based on the surface.
Iciness: 13/25
The only thing you did was adding slightly shiner and lighter colors for the rocks, and put spikes on the body. I wouldn't really count

the ice rocks as much, since they're just recolored.
How much do I like it?: 6/10

Total: 60/100

Maron:
icy_ch10.png

[Re]coloration: 12/15
No complaints.
Quality: 15/30
There is one major problem. The ice-fire is going behind the body, which is okay in the middle, because you can't see the middle of the back. But you can see the middle of the head, which screws up the whole thing.
Iciness: 15/25
I said I would count the fire as ice, and I did, but I just can't count it as fully as I would just plain old ice.
How much do I like it?: 5/10

Total: 60/100

Mewtwo:
iceminiv6.png

Creativity: 16/20
[Re]coloration: 14/15
I like those colors.
Quality: 23/30
Hmm... on the top, slightly to the left, two haiar things are tangled wierdly, like in a loop. And you tried to make the grass outline all blue, but some of the outline in the back is black!
Iciness: 22/25
I can completely tell that that grass is supposed to be frosted over. Nice!

Total: 83/100

Twilight Dragon:
akcoci.png

There isn't much added...
[Re]coloration: 13/15
I like these colors too.
Quality: 24/30
The tail comes out of its back! And the nails on its right foot look mangled.
Iciness: 14/25
There really isn't much ice. The biggest icy part is the tail, but that looks a little too silver.
Despite some lack of ice and quality problems, I like it.
P.S: What is that Grovyle sprite from?

Total: 72/100

Evoli:
2co64xj.png

Creativity: 5/20
All it is is snow added to a recolored Eevee, and snow isn't a body part.
[Re]Coloration: 12/15
Quality: 27/30
The foot outline going to the leg is either too dark, or too thick.
Iciness: 7/25
It's just snow...
How much do I like it?: 3/10

Total: 54/100

Winners:

3rd:
picture.php

Twilight Dragon

2nd:
picture.php

Mewtwo

1st:
picture.php

PichuK

Congratulations, everybody!

Last edited:
Since nobody noticed that I posted the results (I edited my last post, which doesn't bump the thread or show it as having new replies), I'll have to double post.

Back
Top Bottom