• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What does your desk look like?

My computer desk's prety bare because the desktop's in a shared room; I get yelled at by my sister if I clutter it up.

The desk in my room is covered with mountains of things. Loads of books, sketchpads, half-finished drawings, games, bags of bird food, Pokemon figurines, pencils and pens and all sorts. I haven't used it as an actual desk (as opposed to a messy storage facility) in years.

Last edited:
The entire thing.

A closer look.

This is where I spend roughly 90% of my day. Gaze upon its clutterness in awe, gaze, I say! (Also, gaze upon that little sunflowered placemat! I have it there because I eat on my desk. And by the way, that black contraption to the left that says "Dell" with all the Pokemon toys on it is a bass enhancer. Yeah. It's pretty cool, my computer has a good speaker system~ And the big gray thing to the right with the phone attached to it is my scanner/printer/fax machine! Whoo~)

Last edited:
My desk is inanely cluttered at the moment--there's a keyboard (?_? I don't even have a desktop computer on my desk) with two scientific calculators (the second of which I didn't even know I had until I discovered it under a pile of schoolbooks) and an obnoxious amount of paper artfully arranged around it. The paper's probably the oddest thing: I don't draw, write, or do anything much that would necessitate the use of so many sheets of lined A4 paper, but they end up scattered across my desk anyway.

I've also got three books--Nineteen Eighty-Four, something by H.G. Wells (The Time Machine?) and one which eludes me completely--lurking around the desk somewhere, along with a disc or two (the Ubuntu 8.04 LiveCD and a blank one that I've been meaning to use for something I can't remember, I think).

Bear in mind that this was written from memory after a day of travelling from Nuweiba to Liverpool at around 6 a.m. , so it's extremely likely that I've forgotten something, although why you'd care is beyond me. I'd post a picture, but I can't find the cable that connects the camera to the computer. :|

Everything that's currently on my desk, from left to right;
top shelf: wooden turtle my friend bought me, speaker, desk lamp that I never use, CD collection, deodorant, speaker, television
second shelf (half the size): a bunch of pokémon game cartridges, keys, old train ticket, various wrappers, radio remote for a radio I don't even have anymore, remote for iPod station thing, iPod station thing, wires for something I'm not sure about
Main area: a few sheets of paper, WiFi USB stick and a wire for it, CD case, DS, volume/bass control for the speakers, lots of plugs and wires for many wonderful things, a mobile phone that I never use, scissors, a computer screen (hi!), a CD case (for one game, whereas the other could fit a good 20)
Pull-out shelf thing: keyboard, mouse

now you just have to picture it or something. You'll probably be completely wrong

Last edited:
The only picture I have of my desk:

upsidedown.jpg

Now includes 1 free upside down me. :D

May or may not be representative of my actual artistic capabilties, but I didn't feel like taking a long-ass time and my camera doesn't work. >:[

It's pretty accurate though. A bit more random clutter and crap IRL, but yeah.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom