• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Team needs help ._.;

PichuK

They've locked down their fortress... with locks!
So, I've been going with this team for a while, just messing around on Shoddy. It's worked pretty well so far, but I do need some suggestions on how to change it.

**Please excuse overuse of commas**

azelf
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock

Standard Azelf lead, works pretty well. It can outspeed and ohko Gengar and 2hko Bronzong. Sash lets me take a hit on the counter that is switched in, and SR. Suicides on Blissey, so far it's been 1hko. I'm not sure about Blissies with high def evs, though.
Also 1hkos any Garchomps with Explosion, which is pretty huge to my team.

spiritomb
Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Pain Split

Screws up physical Lukes and any other non-guts fighting type, and Electivire. I would like some suggestions for the moveset, or a new tank to take its place completely - after Luke goes down, it turns into death fodder, as it can't do much else.

umbreon
Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/200 Atk/56 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Payback
- Protect
- Wish
- Curse

This thing is pretty damn amazing. Wish support, good tanking and Payback, which has saved my ass many times. Protect is for outraged chomps if I'm on low HP. After two Curses, Umbreon can kill/injure most non-dark-non-steels on an enemy team, while shrugging off damage.
It's a huge shame that Synchronize doesn't work, otherwise that'd make it even more awesome.

lucario
Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

Speed-based Luke to break any ties with other Lukes, as they can screw me up pretty bad. So far, Extremespeed has killed most Infernapes after they get hurt from Spiritomb. Amazing for late-game, after Electivire/Staraptor/Azelf mess around with the opponent.

Electivire
Electivire (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop
- Earthquake
After a single Motor Drive, this thing turns from a demi-wimp to a beast that sweeps teams. Gets super effectives on almost anything, laughs at skarmbliss, and outspeeds Chomp. Also is fun to use x3

staraptor
Staraptor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Return
The surprise member of the team. Most people know nothing about Staraptor's movepool, and are quite surprised when it outspeeds their Weavile and ohkos it with Close Combat.
This thing can force a lot of switches and outspeeds pretty much anything. U-turn rapes Celebi, Return and Brave Bird are for stab, and Close Combat is a lovely surprise move that can kill most Staraptor counters.
Only problem is its dismal defences and that it is walled by Gyarados. :<

Notes: Just looking up, I have only just now noticed that all but one of my guys are physical. Honestly, I never noticed that, as all the physical walls I've faced don't bother me.

I need a lot of help with this team, though, and any advice is very welcome.

Pretty standard stuff, really. It might be worth putting Taunt on Azelf's set, probably over Fire Blast - what's it for, Bronzong? Bronzong knows not to stay in, anyway.

As for Spiritomb, you should either use a Rest/Sleep Talk set, or just replace it. Things Weezing and Gliscor can counter Lucario, so you could consider those.

I would say you have a really good team but some things you should consider,
Staraptor should learn Arial ace, the move is killer, My friend defeated my Lv. 100 Charizard with that move once.

I would also think that a pokemon with Sheer cold is a great addition to any team, It is a one hit KO and barley ever misses. It saved me loads of times with my Articuno and Kyogre.

You do not have to use my tips but they may help you out allot.

Brave Bird is twice as powerful as Aerial Ace and Sheer Cold is a stupid move that isn't even allowed on Shoddy, so...!

I would say you have a really good team but some things you should consider,
Staraptor should learn Arial ace, the move is killer, My friend defeated my Lv. 100 Charizard with that move once.

I would also think that a pokemon with Sheer cold is a great addition to any team, It is a one hit KO and barley ever misses. It saved me loads of times with my Articuno and Kyogre.

You do not have to use my tips but they may help you out allot.
Please don't give advice if you have no idea what you're doing.

Pretty standard stuff, really. It might be worth putting Taunt on Azelf's set, probably over Fire Blast - what's it for, Bronzong? Bronzong knows not to stay in, anyway.

As for Spiritomb, you should either use a Rest/Sleep Talk set, or just replace it. Things Weezing and Gliscor can counter Lucario, so you could consider those.

Alright, I've swapped tomb for

gliscor
Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Not sure if I want to keep SR on though, but it is useful for after Azelf suicides.

There are lots of other moves you could try there; Aerial Ace, Swords Dance, Knock Off (actually a very good move, especially when it hits something that relies on a choice item), etc.
Probably isn't worth having two Stealth Rock users.

Back
Top Bottom