• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Can't decide

**Swellow**

The randomness has arrived
I am having trouble on what moves I should use in my average teams to beat My friend. Please help me out.

Swellow @ Soft Sand
Hasty
Endeavor
Aerial Ace
Fly
Air Slash
Ability: Guts

Kyogre @ None
Modest
Sheer Cold
Waterfall
Surf
Water Spout
Drizzle

Blaziken @ None
Brave
Flare Blitz
Blaze Kick
Sky Uppercut
Focus Blast
Blaze

Mew @ Lum Berry
Lax
Me first
Psychic
Mega Punch
Aura Sphere
Synchronize

Articuno @ Icicle Plate
Timid
Sheer Cold
Blizzard
Ice Beam
Fly
Pressure

Meganium @ Meadow Plate
Bold
Magical Leaf
Petal Dance
Frenzy Plant
Solar Beam
Overgrow

Last edited:
That's not how this forum works and these pokémon really aren't very competitively viable, to be honest.

What? I didn't really get what you where saying there, If I cannot ask people for help on what my team should be for defeating the elite 4 then I will change it to help improve these pokemon.

I think you're only supposed to post six Pokemon at a time so we have an easier time rating your team. I think you should choose a combination that covers all weaknesses. Once you figure that out, I can rate your team.

No. That's not it at all, I'm afraid.

This is for competitive battling. Not average in-game usage.

I guess it is also for competitive now, my friend is braging that her team is way better that mine, I will show her, and I will make my complete team, I was just haveing a hard time choosing.

Thaaaa~t's not competitive battling, my friend. Not unless your friend uses Pokemon that are not just chosen randomly.

Of course they are not chosen randomly, she has a team of killer Pokemon at Lv. 100, I only beat her once and I was nearly dead. Thats why I need help.

Swellow @ Soft Sand
Hasty
Endeavor
Aerial Ace
Fly
Air Slash
Ability: Guts
Soft Sand sucks - why does it have that, anyway? - and Hasty is kind of pathetic. Jolly for nature, I guess? Why are you using Swellow, anyway? Focus Sash for item, I suppose. U-turn over Air Slash; nix Fly for... I don't know: Swellow doesn't learn anything. Swellow kinda sucks ass.
Kyogre @ None
Modest
Sheer Cold
Waterfall
Surf
Water Spout
Drizzle
Uber: banned from competitive play. Sheer Cold is godawful: ditch for Ice Beam. Thunder over Waterfall. Calm Mind I guess over Water Spout: Water Spout sucks.
Blaziken @ None
Brave
Flare Blitz
Blaze Kick
Sky Uppercut
Focus Blast
Blaze
Ewww, Brave. Hasty over Brave, I guess, or possibly Adamant. Brave Bird over Blaze Kick; Brick Break I guess over Sky Uppercut (why are you using blaziken instead of infernape?); Fire Blast over Focus Blast.
Mew @ Lum Berry
Lax
Me first
Psychic
Mega Punch
Aura Sphere
Synchronize
Uber: banned from competitive play. Modest or Timid. Nasty Plot, Psychic, Aura Sphere, special filler. Wise Glasses?
Articuno @ Icicle Plate
Timid
Sheer Cold
Blizzard
Ice Beam
Fly
Pressure
Plates are awful. Tailwind over Sheer Cold; Roost over Blizzard; SOMETHING over Fly. I don't know, really. Articuno sucks, especially with Stealth Rock and Stone Edge being so common.
Meganium @ Meadow Plate
Bold
Magical Leaf
Petal Dance
Frenzy Plant
Solar Beam
Overgrow
NIX YOUR PLATES. Also what the fuck four grass moves?! Meganium sucks, too.... GET RID OF FRENZY PLANT IT IS AWFUL WHY ARE YOU USING IT IN A SUPPOSEDLY-COMPETITIVE TEAM @_@ Energy Ball or Grass Knot over one of your many grass moves; Aromatherapy somewhere; Toxic I guess; filler for final slot. Meganium can't actually do anything other than be an aromatherapist and there are so many other things that can do that and better.

By 'not using random Pokemon' I meant more of 'actually using a decent team that was well-thought-out and has decent movesets'.

Soft Sand sucks - why does it have that, anyway? - and Hasty is kind of pathetic. Jolly for nature, I guess? Why are you using Swellow, anyway? Focus Sash for item, I suppose. U-turn over Air Slash; nix Fly for... I don't know: Swellow doesn't learn anything. Swellow kinda sucks ass.
Actually with a Flame Orb to activate Guts, and a STAB Facade that is also boosted by the status condition, Swellow is one of the best physical attackers in UU, and pretty good in OU, too. But yeah, you're right about everything else.

Okay then! I learned something today. I don't actually battle like ever, so uh. ... yeah.

Back
Top Bottom