• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Charizard needs to cut down on carbs after noon

Does Charizard seem to get fatter?

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pikachu

Kelp is good! Yum yum!
Pronoun
he
or does Charizard seem to get fatter in each generation
Generation I:
CharizardRed.png

Generation II:
CharizardGold.png

Generation III:
CharizardRuby.png

Generation IV:
006charizard.png

(Mods, if this belongs somewhere else please move it to its appropriate location.)

Re: Is it just me...

It just looks weird in Generation I. In II and III, it looks fine. But in IV... Well, it certainly put on some weight.

I never thought of that...now I can't look at the Gen IV sprite without thinking 'obese' 0.0

Hehe, I agree with yah. If it keeps going like this...I wonder what the 5'th gen charzard would look like. XD

Forget fifth, what about in another four generation's time? It'll look like an orange Snorlax with wings...

It might be the angle and the way the Charizard's legs are spread out that make the fourth generation Charizard sprite look "fatter". They didn't capture its good side! ; ; No, not really. But they're probably not trying to make it look fat on purpose.

Probably.

Personally, I think the Generation IV sprite looks the best and most accurate. All the rest of them look weird and awkward to me. (Including the Generation III sprite. But I just hate most Generation III sprites, so I'm biased.) Looks just fine to me. ;;Looks at the Sugimori art;; Yep, fine.

I think it looks fatter because the sprite's bigger. But I don't care if it really is fatter, because I really like the D/P Charizard sprite and think that it depicts it the best.

Last edited:

Its just proportion change the wings got bigger too.
They just made the sprite bigger that doesn't mean that he gets any bigger Its just different preportions for his actual (theortical) size. And he is not obese he is about as small as a die.
Go on Charizard!

coughsalot does have a off-topic point.
However, I agree with most people. It's not getting fatter; however, I would like to add a new suggestion. It's the way that it's positioned.
And Venusaur is on four legs, which makes it in no way relevant to Charizard.

The lighter skin of its stomach has just spread up more. It's not fatter.

Sadly. v_v

I think his neck looks thinner too, that may be partly why he looks different in addition to the pose and wider stomach. I'm not a fan of the sprite, the Yellow sprite was my favorite of Charizard
gby006.gif

Awww, so cute! XD

I think his neck looks thinner too, that may be partly why he looks different in addition to the pose and wider stomach. I'm not a fan of the sprite, the Yellow sprite was my favorite of Charizard
gby006.gif

Awww, so cute! XD
Those thighs... that's the fattest.

Personally, I think the Generation IV sprite looks the best and most accurate. All the rest of them look weird and awkward to me. (Including the Generation III sprite. But I just hate most Generation III sprites, so I'm biased.) Looks just fine to me. ;;Looks at the Sugimori art;; Yep, fine.

I think it looks fatter because the sprite's bigger. But I don't care if it really is fatter, because I really like the D/P Charizard sprite and think that it depicts it the best.
Yeah.

I think the other sprites just look squished.

it's cool I would hug all those charizards

and maybe charizard had a problem with anorexia and only got over it recently

didn't think of that did you

jerk

Back
Top Bottom