• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Alton Towers! :D

Flazeah

Cloud eight-and-three-fifths
I went to Alton Towers today, and it made me very, very happy. Alton Towers, in case you don't know, is a theme park in England, and it has some awesome rides. I went with my dad and my brother, and, let's see, we went on Enterprise once, Oblivion twice, Nemesis four times, Air twice, the Congo River Rapids once, the flume once, Rita - Queen of Speed once, and Corkscrew twice. So we got quite a few rides in. It was loads of fun. :3 We'd been there before, so we knew which rides we liked and such.

My favourite ride is probably Nemesis, which is just so fast and interesting and exhilarating. Its surroundings are cool - although the river of "blood" that is presumably meant to look intimidating is kind of pink, but to be honest, I think it looks really pretty. x3 But anyway. It's an amazing ride, as are Air and Oblivion. Air is so much fun, and is cool and the riding position is different from the somewhat usual upright sitting position on most rollercoasters at Alton Towers. Oblivion is really thrilling and fun too.

It was raining on and off with varying degrees of intensity, but it rained really hard when we were on the canyon ride, which meant we got even wetter than we otherwise would have. We didn't actually get that wet other than because of the rain on that ride, actually. And we rode the flume after, which was amusing and quite fun, but not as fun as most of the other rides, which are brilliant.

So yes. I'm happy. :D

Congratz, though I can't share my own opinion because I never went to Alton Towers. xD
Yay for happy days though! :D

AUGH YOU LUCKY GIT I love alton towers D:
I like Air best :B first rollercoaster I ever went on

Nice. I need to go there at some point, but what with my irrational fear that I'll just happen to be one of the unlucky ones that is involved in any small-chance disaster, I doubt that'll happen too soon.

You're so brave. I could only go on Oblivion once and then after that it was just the smaller rides. I can't even remember the way down and it was only about two months ago. I was at the top and then there's a blank space in my memory and then I was 3/4 of the way down.

I hope you enjoyed it more than I did. :)

Oh, any of you people who don't live in England should totally go to Alton Towers if you ever visit the country. x3 Well, as long as you like rides.

Heh, Jolty, Air was my first "big" rollercoaster. :D Aw... I hope you get to go to Alton Towers soon. :/ I know I want to go back already.

Zephyrous Castform - the rides feel really safe. At least to me. They seem to check whether people are strapped in quite carefully and such, and having a big shoulder restraint against me on the "big" rides makes me feel really secure and everything. You should go! The rides are really, really amazing. :3

Aw, Murkrow, it's still cool that you went on it. Seriously - the queue was pretty darn short both times we went on it (well, we went on it twice one after the other, but yeah), which could suggest that not many people go on it, at least compared to the amount of people who go to the park in total. Although admittedly quite a few of them might have small kids who are too short to ride Oblivion, but still.

Oh, any of you people who don't live in England should totally go to Alton Towers if you ever visit the country. x3 Well, as long as you like rides.

Hey, people from Scotland and Wales can get there easily too without having to 'visit' anywhere....

Zephyrous Castform - the rides feel really safe. At least to me. They seem to check whether people are strapped in quite carefully and such, and having a big shoulder restraint against me on the "big" rides makes me feel really secure and everything. You should go! The rides are really, really amazing. :3

Still, I'm incredibly paranoid =[

Aw, Murkrow, it's still cool that you went on it. Seriously - the queue was pretty darn short both times we went on it (well, we went on it twice one after the other, but yeah), which could suggest that not many people go on it, at least compared to the amount of people who go to the park in total. Although admittedly quite a few of them might have small kids who are too short to ride Oblivion, but still.

Actually, the queue was pretty short when I went on it as well, but only because we arrived really early in the morning and Oblivion was the first thing I went to go on. The queue was about two hours long after I went on it, so I didn't get another chance. Not that I wanted to go on it again.

Hey, people from Scotland and Wales can get there easily too without having to 'visit' anywhere....

I was going to point that out. But decided not to. :D

Alton Towers is AWESOME. :D How did you get on Nemesis four times, though?? We only got on it once, the queue was so long.

It ruined the experience a bit for me because I had to take my glasses off for 90% of the rides, but I loved it. x3

Yeah, but I decided to just say England. It occurred to me that Scotland and Wales are also close, but the reason I said England was because it's more specific. Which wasn't necessarily necessary, but I decided to anyway. :D

Alton Towers is AWESOME. :D How did you get on Nemesis four times, though?? We only got on it once, the queue was so long.

It ruined the experience a bit for me because I had to take my glasses off for 90% of the rides, but I loved it. x3

We bought a Fasttrack (or however you spell it) ticket, which made our wait for the first time very quick, then we went on Air twice - and then we decided to use the single riders' queue for Nemesis, and that queue was hella short. We did that once, then my dad went back round again with a big grin on his face once we all met up again after our rides, and we went on it twice more after that, again using the single riders' queue. My brother got on the front of Nemesis AND Air that way. >.> Lucky... person. I just stuck my tongue out at him when he waved at us from the front of Air.

We did say that since he'd got on the front of Nemesis and Air, he could go on the front of the flume as well, but dad ended up with that honour. And got kinda wet.

Hehe, I used to have to take my glasses off when I had them. >.<; It was cool actually being able to see (to a certain extent; the speed kinda makes things difficult to see anyway x3) things while I was on the rides this time. Thank you, contact lenses!

Last year when I went with school, one of the people I was on Air with forgot to put her glasses in the locker and had to hold them. And she managed it. >D Woo.

Last edited:
Castform, you're actually much more likely to die on the trip on the way to or from Alton Towers than on any of the rides. Wasn't it only a few weeks ago that someone died after a coach fell of a bridge just outside?

Anyways, I'm glad you had such a good time :D I've only been once and I only got to go on the rapids and the log flume. I queued up for two hours to go on Rita, but chickened out at the last second - which my friend still teases me about. I have a shirt that says "Oblivion - Don't look down", but never actually went on it. I'm such a fraud.

I watched people go on Oblivion, though - and one time they stopped it right as it was hanging because some moron had take out a camcorder so he could record himself going down, apparently unaware that the sheer g-force would rip it out of his hand and probably kill the person behind. So the people were left hanging for about fifteen minutes while someone had to climb out on the rails to take it off him X3

I won a big plushie My Little Pony on the grabber machines there, too ^^'

Castform, you're actually much more likely to die on the trip on the way to or from Alton Towers than on any of the rides. Wasn't it only a few weeks ago that someone died after a coach fell of a bridge just outside?

It was the day I went - either that or the day before. We got diverted. I'm not totally sure if that's the incident you're talking about, but it sounds like it.

Hey, I don't blame you for not going on Rita. :3 The looks on the faces of the people at the front of the ride could be considered pretty off-putting. That and the ride itself. It is fun, though. Although I found the most exciting part to be the start, and apart from that it wasn't amazing as Alton Towers rides go.

Hehe, I've been on Oblivion several times and never bought any of its merchandise. It doesn't matter if you haven't been on it; I bet people think you're hardcore if you wear an Oblivion shirt. >D There seems to be quite a lot of hype about that ride, and not just from the entrance video.

I won a big plushie My Little Pony on the grabber machines there, too ^^'

Aw, Dannichu. :3

I wasted £25 on the arcade machines there.

>_>

*pats*

So I'd never actually heard of Alton Towers before, and I decided I'd look it up. God, everything in my area is pathetic compared to that stuff! I am hereby moving to Staffordshire, just so I can go there. I envy you...

If you're a UKian, you'll probably get a school trip there or something at some point. The A-level IT class got to go there because the head of IT somehow convinced the head of sixth that the mechanics of the rides was something to do with computers and thus going there was beneficial X3

It's in a really awkward place for most people, though; it took me absolutely ages to get there from Devon. Granted, most places take ages to get to from Devon, but we had to leave at something like 5:30am.

I wasted £25 on the arcade machines there.

>_>

That's so easy to do. I love arcade machines - I save up all my change and then go and waste it on the Pac-Man 2p machines at the arcade in Torquay. It's so addictive; I could spend hours sitting there with the repetitive music and the copper coins XD

THE COIN MACHINES ARE AMAZING.

It took our bus seven hours to get to Alton Towers. @__@ We kept stopping, it was very annoying. I'd fall asleep -- STOP FOODTEIM. They never stopped when we were pissing about for some reason...

I liked Rita and Nemesis the best. :D We also went on the spinny swing-thing but that was because Scott REFUSED to go on anything else. We got him on the Pinball Wizard eventually...

Back
Top Bottom